I remember from an old review that John Palmer did a study on the diurnal pattern of copulation in humans some years ago. You can see the abstract here.
Now, Roberto Reffinetti repeated the study and published it in the online open-source Journal of Circadian Rhythms here.
The two studies agree: The peak copulatory activity in people living in a modern society is around midnight (or, really, around bedtime) with a smaller secondary peak in the morning around wake-time.
Dig through the papers yourself for additional data on workday-weekend differences and the temporal patterns of the female orgasm.
My HomepageMy homepage is at http://coturnix.org. It is temporarily stripped to minimal information, but more will come soon.
Search This Blog:
There are no public comments available to display.
- BIO101 - Physiology: Regulation and Control
- BIO101 - Evolution of Biological Diversity
- BIO101 - Cell Structure
- Morning at Triton
- Arsenic Bacteria link-dump
- BIO101 - From One Cell To Two: Cell Division and DNA Replication
- BIO101 - Biology and the Scientific Method
- Cephalopods don't need a mirror test - they are mirrors themselves .
- When Should Schools Start in the morning?
- Why a rhino urinates at the same rate as a raccoon wapo.st/1wigeEd 5 hours ago
- Seven Reasons Poor People Rent to Own Furniture hughhollowell.org/why-poor-peopl… 9 hours ago
- Social Media, Political News and Ideology journalism.org/2014/10/21/sec… 10 hours ago
- Video: Horse Runs Free Through NYC horsecollaborative.com/horse-runs-fre… 11 hours ago
- Which came first: the long-billed bird or the long-tubed flower? scienceline.org/2014/10/which-… 12 hours ago
- Secret space plane lands in California scienceline.org/2014/10/secret… 12 hours ago
- Women carry fetal DNA long after children’s birth geneticliteracyproject.org/2014/10/21/wom… 12 hours ago
- GMOs Expose Dangerous “Science” Disconnect in Agriculture roablog.com/blog/2014/10/1… 12 hours ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.