I remember from an old review that John Palmer did a study on the diurnal pattern of copulation in humans some years ago. You can see the abstract here.
Now, Roberto Reffinetti repeated the study and published it in the online open-source Journal of Circadian Rhythms here.
The two studies agree: The peak copulatory activity in people living in a modern society is around midnight (or, really, around bedtime) with a smaller secondary peak in the morning around wake-time.
Dig through the papers yourself for additional data on workday-weekend differences and the temporal patterns of the female orgasm.
My HomepageMy homepage is at http://coturnix.org. It is temporarily stripped to minimal information, but more will come soon.
Search This Blog:
Bora Zivkovic on Morning at Triton Angie Lindsay Ma on Morning at Triton Linda chamblee on Morning at Triton Jekyll » Blog… on The Big Announcement, this tim… Mike H on The Big Announcement, this tim…
- Food goes through a rabbit twice. Think what that means!
- BIO101 - Physiology: Coordinated Response
- Biology and the Scientific Method
- Everything You Always Wanted To Know About Sleep (But Were Too Afraid To Ask)
- Clocks in Bacteria III: Evolution of Clocks in Cyanobacteria
- Scienceblogging: The Lay Scientist (and The Guardian) – a Q&A with Martin Robbins
- Search terms...
- Lysenko Gets A D-Minus On My Genetics Test
- ScienceOnline2011 - interview with Holly Bik
- Kevin in China, part 7 - Bit By Snakes? Get Used To It!
- #FieldNotes: How to keep a giraffe alive, bears dead, and be fed on bread. fieldofscience.com/2015/11/fieldn… 2 weeks ago
- Tapeworms -- It's Not Just Cancer That Should Worry You forbes.com/sites/judyston… 2 weeks ago
- #FieldNotes: How to keep a giraffe alive, bears dead, and be fed on bread. fieldofscience.com/2015/11/fieldn… 3 weeks ago
- Field of Science: #FieldNotes: How to keep a giraffe alive, bears dead, and be fed on bread. fieldofscience.com/2015/11/fieldn… 3 weeks ago
- Do snakes sleep? snakesarelong.blogspot.com/2015/08/do-sna… 3 weeks ago
- This Artist Painted Physicists Into a 3D Living Chalkboard gizmodo.com/this-artist-pa… 3 weeks ago
- Some Dogs Wear a Costume Every Day blogs.scientificamerican.com/dog-spies/some… 3 weeks ago
- RT @ccziv: E. coli Outbreak Strikes Chipotle - What You Need To Know via @forbes onforb.es/1PgBZPb Another great post by @DrJudySton… 3 weeks ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.