I remember from an old review that John Palmer did a study on the diurnal pattern of copulation in humans some years ago. You can see the abstract here.
Now, Roberto Reffinetti repeated the study and published it in the online open-source Journal of Circadian Rhythms here.
The two studies agree: The peak copulatory activity in people living in a modern society is around midnight (or, really, around bedtime) with a smaller secondary peak in the morning around wake-time.
Dig through the papers yourself for additional data on workday-weekend differences and the temporal patterns of the female orgasm.
My HomepageMy homepage is at http://coturnix.org. It is temporarily stripped to minimal information, but more will come soon.
Search This Blog:
There are no public comments available to display.
- Food goes through a rabbit twice. Think what that means!
- BIO101 - Protein Synthesis: Transcription and Translation
- Save the Mountain Walrus
- Hot Peppers - Why Are They Hot?
- ScienceOnline2011 - interview with Holly Bik
- BIO101 - Physiology: Regulation and Control
- A Farewell to Scienceblogs: the Changing Science Blogging Ecosystem
- Lysenko Gets A D-Minus On My Genetics Test
- Bloggers at the Zoo - movies #5
- Is this peer reviewed? Predatory journals and the transparency of peer review. blogs.scientificamerican.com/information-cu… 8 hours ago
- Spider at the Window - lastwordonnothing.com/2014/11/25/spi… 12 hours ago
- Holding a Book Bound in Human Skin wp.me/p14Gvd-1hY 12 hours ago
- Can Brain Science Be Dangerous? nyti.ms/1C5vIl2 1 day ago
- Cosmopomorphism - lastwordonnothing.com/2014/11/24/890… 1 day ago
- Depicting the tree of life in museums: guiding principles from psychological research evolution-outreach.com/content/7/1/25 #evolution:educationandoutreach 1 day ago
- Surviving the Grind of Fact-Checking theopennotebook.com/2014/11/25/sur… 1 day ago
- Students analyze different types of plagiarism wp.me/poqp6-3K1 1 day ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.