I remember from an old review that John Palmer did a study on the diurnal pattern of copulation in humans some years ago. You can see the abstract here.
Now, Roberto Reffinetti repeated the study and published it in the online open-source Journal of Circadian Rhythms here.
The two studies agree: The peak copulatory activity in people living in a modern society is around midnight (or, really, around bedtime) with a smaller secondary peak in the morning around wake-time.
Dig through the papers yourself for additional data on workday-weekend differences and the temporal patterns of the female orgasm.
My HomepageMy homepage is at http://coturnix.org. It is temporarily stripped to minimal information, but more will come soon.
Search This Blog:
Bora Zivkovic on Morning at Triton Angie Lindsay Ma on Morning at Triton Linda chamblee on Morning at Triton Jekyll » Blog… on The Big Announcement, this tim… Mike H on The Big Announcement, this tim…
- Postscript to Pittendrigh's Pet Project - Phototaxis, Photoperiodism and Precise Projectile Parabolas of Pilobolus on Pasture Poop
- Food goes through a rabbit twice. Think what that means!
- BIO101 - Protein Synthesis: Transcription and Translation
- BIO101 - Introduction to Anatomy and Physiology
- BIO101 - Cell Structure
- Bringing back the Quagga
- BIO101 - Physiology: Coordinated Response
- Grand Rounds Vol. 6 No. 49 - a conference in a tropical island resort
- One of a Mind: Interview with Shelley Batts
- Lysenko Gets A D-Minus On My Genetics Test
- A bigger, brighter 2016 for JCOM jcom.sissa.it/bigger-brighte… 1 hour ago
- Stakeholders engagement in research leads to higher policy impact jcom.sissa.it/stakeholders-e… 1 hour ago
- "Extreme citizen science (ExCiteS)" and real citizens' empowerment jcom.sissa.it/extreme-citize… 21 hours ago
- Can we understand citizen science? jcom.sissa.it/archive/15/01/… 2 weeks ago
- Challenges and successes in engaging citizen scientists to observe snow cover jcom.sissa.it/archive/15/01/… 2 weeks ago
- Cell Spotting: educational and motivational outcomes of cell biology citizen science project in the classroom jcom.sissa.it/archive/15/01/… 2 weeks ago
- School of Ants goes to college: integrating citizen science into general classroom increases engagement with science jcom.sissa.it/archive/15/01/… 2 weeks ago
- Motivation and learning impact of Dutch flu-trackers jcom.sissa.it/archive/15/01/… 2 weeks ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.