I remember from an old review that John Palmer did a study on the diurnal pattern of copulation in humans some years ago. You can see the abstract here.
Now, Roberto Reffinetti repeated the study and published it in the online open-source Journal of Circadian Rhythms here.
The two studies agree: The peak copulatory activity in people living in a modern society is around midnight (or, really, around bedtime) with a smaller secondary peak in the morning around wake-time.
Dig through the papers yourself for additional data on workday-weekend differences and the temporal patterns of the female orgasm.
My HomepageMy homepage is at http://coturnix.org. It is temporarily stripped to minimal information, but more will come soon.
Search This Blog:
There are no public comments available to display.
- BIO101 - Physiology: Regulation and Control
- 'Pink Boots and the Machete'
- BIO101 - Protein Synthesis: Transcription and Translation
- Food goes through a rabbit twice. Think what that means!
- BIO101 - Introduction to Anatomy and Physiology
- Looking for good educational biology movies
- Clock Tutorial #16: Photoperiodism - Models and Experimental Approaches
- The PepsiGate linkfest
- Teaching physiology - Cardiac Arrhythmias: the best video ever!
- A podcast for those who like food for their brain grist.org/food/a-podcast… 11 hours ago
- I Quit Liking Things On Facebook for Two Weeks. Here’s How It Changed My View of Humanity medium.com/@schmutzie… 15 hours ago
- Belgrade Walking Tours belgradian.com/touristic-tour… 15 hours ago
- Role-Playing Game Upends College Lecture and Ignites Fire in Students blogs.kqed.org/mindshift/2014… 15 hours ago
- Horse Fitness Is The Secret Weapon / Horse Collaborative Article horsecollaborative.com/fitness-is-the… 15 hours ago
- LIVE Broadcast Of The $210,000 Central Park Grand Prix! chronofhorse.com/article/live-b… 16 hours ago
- Journalism isn’t just about informing readers, it’s also about helping them take action gigaom.com/2014/09/16/jou… 16 hours ago
- More Useless Creatures scilogs.com/tenacious-telo… 16 hours ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.