I remember from an old review that John Palmer did a study on the diurnal pattern of copulation in humans some years ago. You can see the abstract here.
Now, Roberto Reffinetti repeated the study and published it in the online open-source Journal of Circadian Rhythms here.
The two studies agree: The peak copulatory activity in people living in a modern society is around midnight (or, really, around bedtime) with a smaller secondary peak in the morning around wake-time.
Dig through the papers yourself for additional data on workday-weekend differences and the temporal patterns of the female orgasm.
My HomepageMy homepage is at http://coturnix.org. It is temporarily stripped to minimal information, but more will come soon.
Search This Blog:
Bora Zivkovic on Morning at Triton Angie Lindsay Ma on Morning at Triton Linda chamblee on Morning at Triton Jekyll » Blog… on The Big Announcement, this tim… Mike H on The Big Announcement, this tim…
- Doesn't reading about this make you salivate?
- Food goes through a rabbit twice. Think what that means!
- Health and Medicine Poetry Contest
- BIO101 - Protein Synthesis: Transcription and Translation
- Open Laboratory 2010 - submissions so far
- A Farewell to Scienceblogs: the Changing Science Blogging Ecosystem
- The PepsiGate linkfest
- ScienceOnline2011 - interview with Holly Bik
- Written In Stone: interview with Brian Switek
- 5,200 Days in Space theatlantic.com/features/archi… 3 days ago
- I once tried to cheat sleep, and for a year I succeeded qz.com/430415/i-once-… 3 days ago
- #FieldNotes: Honey Badger Don’t Care! fieldofscience.com/2015/06/fieldn… 5 days ago
- Field of Science: #FieldNotes: Honey Badger Don’t Care! fieldofscience.com/2015/06/fieldn… 6 days ago
- Leader of the pack: fleshing out Velociraptor behaviour in Jurassic World neurodojo.blogspot.com/2015/06/leader… 6 days ago
- Next up on physics curriculums: “Interstellar” - qz.com/437078/next-up… 6 days ago
- Rethinking Invasion hakaimagazine.com/article-short/… 6 days ago
- Horses that heal: how equine therapy is helping people find peace of mind theguardian.com/science/2015/j… 6 days ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.