You know how on comment threads on blogposts about evolution you, sooner or later, get a commenter saying something that reveals complete lack of understanding of even the basics of evolutionary biology? It is usually accompanied by some creationist canard as well. What do you do? If you stop to explain the basics, the thread gets derailed. You REALLY want to discuss that latest study, not go back to basics over and over again.
So, instead of explaining the basics, you post a link to the appropriate page on the TalkOrigins FAQ or Index of Creationist Claims and move on with the discussion, hoping that the uninformed commenter will actually do the homework and follow the links.
But there is no such resource for discussions about equality, particularly gender equality. Or at least there WAS no such thing. There is now – see Feminism101 (via Pandagon and Feministe). Help build it by finding and linking relevant online articles and blog-posts that explain the basics or debunk myths and mysoginist talking points.
No need to have every comment thread derailed by Man’s Rights creeps any more. Whatever they say – just link to the relevant F101 post and send them there. Then continue discussing what YOU want to discuss instead of going to the basics over and over again.
My HomepageMy homepage is at http://coturnix.org. It is temporarily stripped to minimal information, but more will come soon.
Search This Blog:
Bora Zivkovic on Morning at Triton Angie Lindsay Ma on Morning at Triton Linda chamblee on Morning at Triton Jekyll » Blog… on The Big Announcement, this tim… Mike H on The Big Announcement, this tim…
- Food goes through a rabbit twice. Think what that means!
- BIO101 - Physiology: Regulation and Control
- BIO101 - Evolution of Biological Diversity
- BIO101 - Protein Synthesis: Transcription and Translation
- Postscript to Pittendrigh's Pet Project - Phototaxis, Photoperiodism and Precise Projectile Parabolas of Pilobolus on Pasture Poop
- Blog memes
- BIO101 - From Genes To Species: A Primer on Evolution
- BIO101 - Origin of Biological Diversity
- BIO101 - Organisms In Time and Space: Ecology
- Waking Experience Affects Sleep Need in Drosophila
- The Mammoths of Niederweningen mammothtales.blogspot.com/2015/07/the-ma… 1 day ago
- Earth's sixth mass extinction is under way - but are we bothered? - theecologist.org/blogs_and_comm… 1 day ago
- The Science of Stress and How Our Emotions Affect Our Susceptibility to Burnout and Disease | brainpickings.org/2015/07/20/est… 1 day ago
- Eric Schwitzgebel on "Moral hypocrisy: why doesn't knowing about ethics make people more ethical?" rationallyspeakingpodcast.org/show/rs139-eri… 1 day ago
- Dopamine and Horses: Learning, Stereotypies, and More thehorse.com/articles/36130… 3 days ago
- Does Shark Week portrayal of sharks matter? | southernfriedscience.com/?p=18302 3 days ago
- Who's the Herd Leader? It Depends, Researchers Say thehorse.com/articles/36096… 3 days ago
- Easy DNA Editing Will Remake the World. Buckle Up. | wired.com/2015/07/crispr… 3 days ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.