You know how on comment threads on blogposts about evolution you, sooner or later, get a commenter saying something that reveals complete lack of understanding of even the basics of evolutionary biology? It is usually accompanied by some creationist canard as well. What do you do? If you stop to explain the basics, the thread gets derailed. You REALLY want to discuss that latest study, not go back to basics over and over again.
So, instead of explaining the basics, you post a link to the appropriate page on the TalkOrigins FAQ or Index of Creationist Claims and move on with the discussion, hoping that the uninformed commenter will actually do the homework and follow the links.
But there is no such resource for discussions about equality, particularly gender equality. Or at least there WAS no such thing. There is now – see Feminism101 (via Pandagon and Feministe). Help build it by finding and linking relevant online articles and blog-posts that explain the basics or debunk myths and mysoginist talking points.
No need to have every comment thread derailed by Man’s Rights creeps any more. Whatever they say – just link to the relevant F101 post and send them there. Then continue discussing what YOU want to discuss instead of going to the basics over and over again.
My HomepageMy homepage is at http://coturnix.org. It is temporarily stripped to minimal information, but more will come soon.
Search This Blog:
Bora Zivkovic on Morning at Triton Angie Lindsay Ma on Morning at Triton Linda chamblee on Morning at Triton Please, do explain.… on About matjaz zivkovic on About
- This happened
- BIO101 - Physiology: Regulation and Control
- Welcome the Popular Science blog network
- Everything You Always Wanted To Know About Sleep (But Were Too Afraid To Ask)
- BIO101 - Cell Structure
- Cool physics on Bloggingheads.tv
- It's A Jungle Out There
- Scienceblogging: Field of Science – a Q&A with Edward Michaud
- ScienceOnline2010 - interview with Jason Hoyt
- No need to defend me. Kudos to @monicabyrne13 and @hannahjwaters for having the courage to speak up. I was wrong. I am sorry. I am learning. 1 month ago
- To friends I let down and perhaps lost today: I understand why. I am sorry. I will miss you. 1 month ago
- This happened blog.coturnix.org/2013/10/15/thi… 1 month ago
- @ccziv thank you medawlin!!!!! 1 month ago
- RT @ccziv: I stand with medawlin. (@BoraZ ) 1 month ago
- @KMBTweets hugs right back atcha 1 month ago
- RT @Gurdur: @hildabast @JohnFBruno @AndreaKuszewski @huler @sciam #StandingwithDNLee but also #StandingwithMdiChristina, b/c the abuse was … 1 month ago
- #SciAmBlogs Monday – #standingwithDNLee and yes, there was other stuff as well…. blogs.scientificamerican.com/network-centra… 1 month ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.