You know how on comment threads on blogposts about evolution you, sooner or later, get a commenter saying something that reveals complete lack of understanding of even the basics of evolutionary biology? It is usually accompanied by some creationist canard as well. What do you do? If you stop to explain the basics, the thread gets derailed. You REALLY want to discuss that latest study, not go back to basics over and over again.
So, instead of explaining the basics, you post a link to the appropriate page on the TalkOrigins FAQ or Index of Creationist Claims and move on with the discussion, hoping that the uninformed commenter will actually do the homework and follow the links.
But there is no such resource for discussions about equality, particularly gender equality. Or at least there WAS no such thing. There is now – see Feminism101 (via Pandagon and Feministe). Help build it by finding and linking relevant online articles and blog-posts that explain the basics or debunk myths and mysoginist talking points.
No need to have every comment thread derailed by Man’s Rights creeps any more. Whatever they say – just link to the relevant F101 post and send them there. Then continue discussing what YOU want to discuss instead of going to the basics over and over again.
My HomepageMy homepage is at http://coturnix.org. It is temporarily stripped to minimal information, but more will come soon.
Search This Blog:
Nicholas Robinson on 2013 – Blog Year In… Alison Cummins on 2013 – Blog Year In… Alison Cummins on 2013 – Blog Year In… Sam on 2013 – Blog Year In… Nicholas Robinson on 2013 – Blog Year In…
- Welcome Scientopia, a new science blogging network
- Lindau Nobel - interview with Ghada Al-Kadamany
- Stick Science cartoons
- Postscript to Pittendrigh's Pet Project - Phototaxis, Photoperiodism and Precise Projectile Parabolas of Pilobolus on Pasture Poop
- BIO101 - Cell Structure
- 2013 - Blog Year In Review
- Food goes through a rabbit twice. Think what that means!
- Grand Green Education
- Quail: How many clocks?
- Obligatory Reading of the Day - Femiphobia
- RT @ccziv: I.Am.So.Tired. Hate on Bora all you want but LEAVE ANTON ALONE. He has been all good to EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU. 2 months ago
- #FF for last three months of Fridays - one and only @ccziv 2 months ago
- RT @Anna_Rothschild: What could have entered the public domain today if the 1976 Copyright Act didn't exist? bit.ly/19Dgoia #public… 2 months ago
- Wearing two hats (or two white coats): The rise of researcher-doctors georgiahealthnews.com/2014/01/wearin… 2 months ago
- When Physicians Relate to Some Patients, but Not All blogs.scientificamerican.com/guest-blog/201… 2 months ago
- @FromTheLabBench Thank you! 2 months ago
- RT @DogSpies: Can You Sniff Your Dog Out Of A Line Up? | My latest at @sciamblogs Title HT @DoUBelieveInDog! blogs.scientificamerican.com/dog-spies/2013… http://… 2 months ago
- RT @FromTheLabBench: Grey squirrel nests are nothing if not a testimony to incredible animal industry... great post by @m_m_campbell: http:… 2 months ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.