You know how on comment threads on blogposts about evolution you, sooner or later, get a commenter saying something that reveals complete lack of understanding of even the basics of evolutionary biology? It is usually accompanied by some creationist canard as well. What do you do? If you stop to explain the basics, the thread gets derailed. You REALLY want to discuss that latest study, not go back to basics over and over again.
So, instead of explaining the basics, you post a link to the appropriate page on the TalkOrigins FAQ or Index of Creationist Claims and move on with the discussion, hoping that the uninformed commenter will actually do the homework and follow the links.
But there is no such resource for discussions about equality, particularly gender equality. Or at least there WAS no such thing. There is now – see Feminism101 (via Pandagon and Feministe). Help build it by finding and linking relevant online articles and blog-posts that explain the basics or debunk myths and mysoginist talking points.
No need to have every comment thread derailed by Man’s Rights creeps any more. Whatever they say – just link to the relevant F101 post and send them there. Then continue discussing what YOU want to discuss instead of going to the basics over and over again.
My HomepageMy homepage is at http://coturnix.org. It is temporarily stripped to minimal information, but more will come soon.
Search This Blog:
There are no public comments available to display.
- Food goes through a rabbit twice. Think what that means!
- Biology and the Scientific Method
- BIO101 - Physiology: Regulation and Control
- New and Exciting in PLoS ONE
- Some fun stats about the participants of ScienceOnline2011
- ScienceOnline2011 - introducing the participants
- BIO101 - Protein Synthesis: Transcription and Translation
- Friday Weird Sex Blogging - Corkscrewing
- Where I've been
- Can a night owl become an early bird? espressoscience.com/2014/09/17/can… 20 hours ago
- GMO ‘foreign gene’ fears? Breeders incorporating unknown’ DNA into food crops for centuries geneticliteracyproject.org/2014/09/22/gmo… 20 hours ago
- Science blogging: an exploratory study of motives, styles, and audience reactions jcom.sissa.it/archive/13/03/… 20 hours ago
- Films and Science: quantification and analysis of the use of Science Fiction films in scientific papers jcom.sissa.it/archive/13/03/… 20 hours ago
- Six Things You May Not Have Known About Fiddler on the Roof smithsonianmag.com/arts-culture/s… 20 hours ago
- RT @Gurdur: @BoraZ Seen this? From @ChemistryWorld: for #RoshHashanah chemists create Mogen Doved molecule rsc.li/1ponvfl http://t.… 1 day ago
- Wheelbarrow handles for vertebrae? The cervical rib bundles of <i>Sauroposeidon</i> and other… wp.me/p7FmM-2Oo via @wordpressdotcom 1 day ago
- Bolder Lizards Drop Their Tails More Readily to Compensate for Risky Behavior anoleannals.org/2014/09/22/bol… 1 day ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.