You know how on comment threads on blogposts about evolution you, sooner or later, get a commenter saying something that reveals complete lack of understanding of even the basics of evolutionary biology? It is usually accompanied by some creationist canard as well. What do you do? If you stop to explain the basics, the thread gets derailed. You REALLY want to discuss that latest study, not go back to basics over and over again.
So, instead of explaining the basics, you post a link to the appropriate page on the TalkOrigins FAQ or Index of Creationist Claims and move on with the discussion, hoping that the uninformed commenter will actually do the homework and follow the links.
But there is no such resource for discussions about equality, particularly gender equality. Or at least there WAS no such thing. There is now – see Feminism101 (via Pandagon and Feministe). Help build it by finding and linking relevant online articles and blog-posts that explain the basics or debunk myths and mysoginist talking points.
No need to have every comment thread derailed by Man’s Rights creeps any more. Whatever they say – just link to the relevant F101 post and send them there. Then continue discussing what YOU want to discuss instead of going to the basics over and over again.
My HomepageMy homepage is at http://coturnix.org. It is temporarily stripped to minimal information, but more will come soon.
Search This Blog:
Bora Zivkovic on Morning at Triton Angie Lindsay Ma on Morning at Triton Linda chamblee on Morning at Triton Jekyll » Blog… on The Big Announcement, this tim… Mike H on The Big Announcement, this tim…
- BIO101 - From Two Cells To Many: Cell Differentiation and Embryonic Development
- BIO101: Cell-Cell Interactions
- BIO101 - Protein Synthesis: Transcription and Translation
- BIO101 - Cell Structure
- BIO101 - What Creatures Do: Animal Behavior
- BIO101 - From Genes To Traits: How Genotype Affects Phenotype
- BIO101 - Biology and the Scientific Method
- BIO101 - From Genes To Species: A Primer on Evolution
- BIO101 - From One Cell To Two: Cell Division and DNA Replication
- Food goes through a rabbit twice. Think what that means!
- Field of Science: #FieldNotes: When Snakes Had Legs... fieldofscience.com/2015/05/fieldn… 5 hours ago
- Attempt to shame journalists with chocolate study is shameful sciencenews.org/blog/culture-b… 9 hours ago
- #FieldNotes: When Snakes Had Legs... fieldofscience.com/2015/05/fieldn… 18 hours ago
- Field of Science: #FieldNotes: When Snakes Had Legs... fieldofscience.com/2015/05/fieldn… 21 hours ago
- Magnets are for Refrigerators doctorramey.com/magnets-are-fo… 1 day ago
- Sandwalk: The "Insulation Theory of Junk DNA" sandwalk.blogspot.com/2015/05/the-in… 1 day ago
- PC Mike Podcast: 7 Ways Facebook is Bad for your Mental Health jessicabodford.com/2015/05/26/pc-… 1 day ago
- The New Animal Rights Army: Enabling Lawlessness, Cruelty, Injustice, And The Death Of Privacy bedlamfarm.com/2015/05/26/the… 1 day ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.