You know how on comment threads on blogposts about evolution you, sooner or later, get a commenter saying something that reveals complete lack of understanding of even the basics of evolutionary biology? It is usually accompanied by some creationist canard as well. What do you do? If you stop to explain the basics, the thread gets derailed. You REALLY want to discuss that latest study, not go back to basics over and over again.
So, instead of explaining the basics, you post a link to the appropriate page on the TalkOrigins FAQ or Index of Creationist Claims and move on with the discussion, hoping that the uninformed commenter will actually do the homework and follow the links.
But there is no such resource for discussions about equality, particularly gender equality. Or at least there WAS no such thing. There is now – see Feminism101 (via Pandagon and Feministe). Help build it by finding and linking relevant online articles and blog-posts that explain the basics or debunk myths and mysoginist talking points.
No need to have every comment thread derailed by Man’s Rights creeps any more. Whatever they say – just link to the relevant F101 post and send them there. Then continue discussing what YOU want to discuss instead of going to the basics over and over again.
My HomepageMy homepage is at http://coturnix.org. It is temporarily stripped to minimal information, but more will come soon.
Search This Blog:
There are no public comments available to display.
- Food goes through a rabbit twice. Think what that means!
- Lysenko Gets A D-Minus On My Genetics Test
- Everything You Always Wanted To Know About Sleep (But Were Too Afraid To Ask)
- BIO101 - Introduction to Anatomy and Physiology
- BIO101 - Physiology: Regulation and Control
- BIO101 - Physiology: Coordinated Response
- BIO101 - From Two Cells To Many: Cell Differentiation and Embryonic Development
- BIO101 - Cell Structure
- Why republish an old blog post?
- Is the Entertainment Industry Doing the Media’s Job When It Comes to Climate Change? ivn.us/2014/12/17/ent… 5 hours ago
- Blogging for Science Outreach, Blogging for Myself scilogs.com/from_the_lab_b… 5 hours ago
- Hooray for U.S. - Cuba Talks! anoleannals.org/2014/12/17/hoo… 7 hours ago
- Disturbing Disorders: FOP (Stone Man Syndrome) wp.me/p14Gvd-1iE 7 hours ago
- Technology & Deafness wp.me/pJ5LB-CN via @jaivirdi 7 hours ago
- Ecologists who are awesome at things besides ecology wp.me/p2wMuW-32A via @DynamicEcology 7 hours ago
- Who Gives Press Releases Their Power? - lastwordonnothing.com/2014/12/16/who… 17 hours ago
- RT @Gurdur: Zanini, koala in #Koalas Hospital, Pt Macquarie,Australia. They could use some Christmas cheer koalahospital.org.au/adopt-a-koala http://t.… 1 day ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.