First, as I reported earlier, Archy persuaded PZ Myers to host a one-time carnival about the opening of the Creation Museum – and here is the carnival – a lot of good stuff to read.
I especially liked the only (so far) on-the-scene report by Martha Heil.
I also tend to prefer posts that try to take in a Big Picture and place stuff in broader historical and/or geographical context, thus, I really liked contributions by Laelaps and Greg Laden. They are optimistic, though. The view from outside, from Europe, can be much more pessimistic.
Also, some of the comments on this post remind me of my early internet days on various Balkans Usenet groups. Apparently, the tone and quality have not changed much since the early 1990s! I thought that brotherhood and unity were back in vogue again, as evidenced by the results of the Eurovision contest. I only made a quick remark in that direction, but several Euroblogs wrote deeper sociological analyses of the deeper meaning of the Eurovision results and what they portend for Europe’s future. See, for instance, this post and peruse a good linkfest collected by Eric.
My HomepageMy homepage is at http://coturnix.org. It is temporarily stripped to minimal information, but more will come soon.
Search This Blog:
There are no public comments available to display.
- Food goes through a rabbit twice. Think what that means!
- BIO101 - Physiology: Regulation and Control
- Evolutionary Medicine: Does reindeer have a circadian stop-watch instead of a clock?
- A Huge New Circadian Pacemaker Found In The Mammalian Brain
- Clock Tutorial #3c - Darwin On Time
- Carnal Carnival #1 - Essentials of Elimination
- Clock Tutorial #9: Circadian Organization In Japanese Quail
- Web breaks echo-chambers, or, 'Echo-chamber' is just a derogatory term for 'community' - my remarks at #AAASmtg
- Sleep and Circadian group on Graduate Junction
- Creating a prairie dog "Facebook" to aid conservation conservationmagazine.org/2014/07/creati… 7 hours ago
- When cooperation counts eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2… 7 hours ago
- Good Guys and Guns dinosaurmusings.wordpress.com/2014/07/30/goo… 7 hours ago
- Be Afraid! Be VERY Afraid!!! How Can You Help It These Days? bigthink.com/risk-reason-an… 15 hours ago
- Why Isn’t More Botanical Art Like This? blogs.scientificamerican.com/symbiartic/201… 15 hours ago
- Central Park Horse Show announced horsecollaborative.com/show-jumping-i… 15 hours ago
- Are some horses ‘unfixable’? Are all horse problems created by humans? stacywestfallhorseblog.com/2014/07/28/are… 15 hours ago
- Do animals display signs of jealousy? horsetalk.co.nz/2014/07/30/do-… 15 hours ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.