First, as I reported earlier, Archy persuaded PZ Myers to host a one-time carnival about the opening of the Creation Museum – and here is the carnival – a lot of good stuff to read.
I especially liked the only (so far) on-the-scene report by Martha Heil.
I also tend to prefer posts that try to take in a Big Picture and place stuff in broader historical and/or geographical context, thus, I really liked contributions by Laelaps and Greg Laden. They are optimistic, though. The view from outside, from Europe, can be much more pessimistic.
Also, some of the comments on this post remind me of my early internet days on various Balkans Usenet groups. Apparently, the tone and quality have not changed much since the early 1990s! I thought that brotherhood and unity were back in vogue again, as evidenced by the results of the Eurovision contest. I only made a quick remark in that direction, but several Euroblogs wrote deeper sociological analyses of the deeper meaning of the Eurovision results and what they portend for Europe’s future. See, for instance, this post and peruse a good linkfest collected by Eric.
My HomepageMy homepage is at http://coturnix.org. It is temporarily stripped to minimal information, but more will come soon.
Search This Blog:
Bora Zivkovic on Morning at Triton Angie Lindsay Ma on Morning at Triton Linda chamblee on Morning at Triton Jekyll » Blog… on The Big Announcement, this tim… Mike H on The Big Announcement, this tim…
- Food goes through a rabbit twice. Think what that means!
- Doesn't reading about this make you salivate?
- Spring Forward, Fall Back - should you watch out tomorrow morning?
- Health and Medicine Poetry Contest
- BIO101 - Protein Synthesis: Transcription and Translation
- Grand Rounds Vol. 6 No. 49 - a conference in a tropical island resort
- Open Laboratory 2010 - submissions so far
- BIO101 - Organisms In Time and Space: Ecology
- Say 'Hi' if you see him running - Interview with Dave Munger
- #FieldNotes: Hallucigenia is back on its head again. fieldofscience.com/2015/07/fieldn… 11 hours ago
- RT @ccziv: See comment: advicegoddess.com/archives/2015/… @richardajowsey @marscrumbs @louisemensch 11 hours ago
- Field of Science: #FieldNotes: Hallucigenia is back on its head again. fieldofscience.com/2015/07/fieldn… 17 hours ago
- 5,200 Days in Space theatlantic.com/features/archi… 4 days ago
- I once tried to cheat sleep, and for a year I succeeded qz.com/430415/i-once-… 4 days ago
- #FieldNotes: Honey Badger Don’t Care! fieldofscience.com/2015/06/fieldn… 6 days ago
- Field of Science: #FieldNotes: Honey Badger Don’t Care! fieldofscience.com/2015/06/fieldn… 1 week ago
- Leader of the pack: fleshing out Velociraptor behaviour in Jurassic World neurodojo.blogspot.com/2015/06/leader… 1 week ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.