First, as I reported earlier, Archy persuaded PZ Myers to host a one-time carnival about the opening of the Creation Museum – and here is the carnival – a lot of good stuff to read.
I especially liked the only (so far) on-the-scene report by Martha Heil.
I also tend to prefer posts that try to take in a Big Picture and place stuff in broader historical and/or geographical context, thus, I really liked contributions by Laelaps and Greg Laden. They are optimistic, though. The view from outside, from Europe, can be much more pessimistic.
Also, some of the comments on this post remind me of my early internet days on various Balkans Usenet groups. Apparently, the tone and quality have not changed much since the early 1990s! I thought that brotherhood and unity were back in vogue again, as evidenced by the results of the Eurovision contest. I only made a quick remark in that direction, but several Euroblogs wrote deeper sociological analyses of the deeper meaning of the Eurovision results and what they portend for Europe’s future. See, for instance, this post and peruse a good linkfest collected by Eric.
My HomepageMy homepage is at http://coturnix.org. It is temporarily stripped to minimal information, but more will come soon.
Search This Blog:
There are no public comments available to display.
- Food goes through a rabbit twice. Think what that means!
- BIO101 - Physiology: Coordinated Response
- BIO101 - Physiology: Regulation and Control
- Arsenic Bacteria link-dump
- ScienceOnline2010 - interview with Morgan Giddings
- Wellness and Writing Connections Conference
- Web breaks echo-chambers, or, 'Echo-chamber' is just a derogatory term for 'community' - my remarks at #AAASmtg
- BIO101 - From Two Cells To Many: Cell Differentiation and Embryonic Development
- ScienceOnline2011 – interview with Alice Bell
- When to quit your journalism job pressthink.org/2014/12/when-t… 15 hours ago
- Why the workday should be 10–6, not 9–5 vox.com/2014/12/17/740… 1 day ago
- Making the Internet a utility—what’s the worst that could happen? arstechnica.com/business/2014/… 1 day ago
- Questions about alternative splicing sandwalk.blogspot.com/2014/12/questi… 1 day ago
- Beyond journalism in the present tense nie.mn/1z6rojp via @NiemanLab 1 day ago
- News organizations get serious about research nie.mn/1C2Zinj via @NiemanLab 1 day ago
- The Weight of the World: A Look At Global Obesity Prevalence and Dietary Trends blogs.scientificamerican.com/food-matters/2… 1 day ago
- Forelimb biomechanics with Dr. Hilary Clayton horsecollaborative.com/its-all-about-… 1 day ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.