First, as I reported earlier, Archy persuaded PZ Myers to host a one-time carnival about the opening of the Creation Museum – and here is the carnival – a lot of good stuff to read.
I especially liked the only (so far) on-the-scene report by Martha Heil.
I also tend to prefer posts that try to take in a Big Picture and place stuff in broader historical and/or geographical context, thus, I really liked contributions by Laelaps and Greg Laden. They are optimistic, though. The view from outside, from Europe, can be much more pessimistic.
Also, some of the comments on this post remind me of my early internet days on various Balkans Usenet groups. Apparently, the tone and quality have not changed much since the early 1990s! I thought that brotherhood and unity were back in vogue again, as evidenced by the results of the Eurovision contest. I only made a quick remark in that direction, but several Euroblogs wrote deeper sociological analyses of the deeper meaning of the Eurovision results and what they portend for Europe’s future. See, for instance, this post and peruse a good linkfest collected by Eric.
My HomepageMy homepage is at http://coturnix.org. It is temporarily stripped to minimal information, but more will come soon.
Search This Blog:
There are no public comments available to display.
- Bed bugs and cockroaches: The insects that bug us
- Why republish an old blog post?
- The PepsiGate linkfest
- Food goes through a rabbit twice. Think what that means!
- BIO101 - Physiology: Regulation and Control
- BIO101 - Biology and the Scientific Method
- Lindau Nobel - interview with Ghada Al-Kadamany
- BIO101 - Cell Structure
- Scienceblogging: science3.0.com – a Q&A with Mark Hahnel
- Hilary Maybaum at ScienceOnline2010 (video)
- Hard Times in the Younger Dryas - lastwordonnothing.com/2015/01/27/har… 4 hours ago
- A Scientist’s Defense of Free Will shar.es/1bSFlx via @creativitypost 4 hours ago
- Modern rudeness in Stone Age minds with Amy Alkon blogs.scientificamerican.com/beautiful-mind… 15 hours ago
- Coevolutionary aesthetics in human and biotic artworlds ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/P… 15 hours ago
- Why grudges don't work scripting.com/2015/01/27/why… 17 hours ago
- A note about blogging scripting.com/2015/01/25/aNo… 17 hours ago
- Six ways in which Andrew Keen is wrong about the internet gigaom.com/2015/01/27/six… via @gigaom 17 hours ago
- What Is Science Journalism Worth? Part II theopennotebook.com/2015/01/27/wha… 19 hours ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.