First, as I reported earlier, Archy persuaded PZ Myers to host a one-time carnival about the opening of the Creation Museum – and here is the carnival – a lot of good stuff to read.
I especially liked the only (so far) on-the-scene report by Martha Heil.
I also tend to prefer posts that try to take in a Big Picture and place stuff in broader historical and/or geographical context, thus, I really liked contributions by Laelaps and Greg Laden. They are optimistic, though. The view from outside, from Europe, can be much more pessimistic.
Also, some of the comments on this post remind me of my early internet days on various Balkans Usenet groups. Apparently, the tone and quality have not changed much since the early 1990s! I thought that brotherhood and unity were back in vogue again, as evidenced by the results of the Eurovision contest. I only made a quick remark in that direction, but several Euroblogs wrote deeper sociological analyses of the deeper meaning of the Eurovision results and what they portend for Europe’s future. See, for instance, this post and peruse a good linkfest collected by Eric.
My HomepageMy homepage is at http://coturnix.org. It is temporarily stripped to minimal information, but more will come soon.
Search This Blog:
There are no public comments available to display.
- BIO101 - Physiology: Regulation and Control
- BIO101 - Evolution of Biological Diversity
- BIO101 - Cell Structure
- Morning at Triton
- BIO101 - From One Cell To Two: Cell Division and DNA Replication
- BIO101 - Biology and the Scientific Method
- Arsenic Bacteria link-dump
- Is education what journalists do?
- Cephalopods don't need a mirror test - they are mirrors themselves .
- Why a rhino urinates at the same rate as a raccoon wapo.st/1wigeEd 8 hours ago
- Seven Reasons Poor People Rent to Own Furniture hughhollowell.org/why-poor-peopl… 12 hours ago
- Social Media, Political News and Ideology journalism.org/2014/10/21/sec… 14 hours ago
- Video: Horse Runs Free Through NYC horsecollaborative.com/horse-runs-fre… 14 hours ago
- Which came first: the long-billed bird or the long-tubed flower? scienceline.org/2014/10/which-… 15 hours ago
- Secret space plane lands in California scienceline.org/2014/10/secret… 15 hours ago
- Women carry fetal DNA long after children’s birth geneticliteracyproject.org/2014/10/21/wom… 15 hours ago
- GMOs Expose Dangerous “Science” Disconnect in Agriculture roablog.com/blog/2014/10/1… 15 hours ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.