First, as I reported earlier, Archy persuaded PZ Myers to host a one-time carnival about the opening of the Creation Museum – and here is the carnival – a lot of good stuff to read.
I especially liked the only (so far) on-the-scene report by Martha Heil.
I also tend to prefer posts that try to take in a Big Picture and place stuff in broader historical and/or geographical context, thus, I really liked contributions by Laelaps and Greg Laden. They are optimistic, though. The view from outside, from Europe, can be much more pessimistic.
Also, some of the comments on this post remind me of my early internet days on various Balkans Usenet groups. Apparently, the tone and quality have not changed much since the early 1990s! I thought that brotherhood and unity were back in vogue again, as evidenced by the results of the Eurovision contest. I only made a quick remark in that direction, but several Euroblogs wrote deeper sociological analyses of the deeper meaning of the Eurovision results and what they portend for Europe’s future. See, for instance, this post and peruse a good linkfest collected by Eric.
My HomepageMy homepage is at http://coturnix.org. It is temporarily stripped to minimal information, but more will come soon.
Search This Blog:
There are no public comments available to display.
- Grand Rounds Vol. 6 No. 49 - a conference in a tropical island resort
- Food goes through a rabbit twice. Think what that means!
- BIO101 - Physiology: Regulation and Control
- Stick Science cartoons
- Sleep Schedules in Adolescents
- BIO101: Cell-Cell Interactions
- Open Laboratory - old Prefaces and Introductions
- Evo-Devo: what new animal models should we pick?
- BIO101 - Biology and the Scientific Method
- A fantastic picture of a polar bear exhaling underwater
- Yesterday was one year since the last cigarette... 9 hours ago
- The Future of College? theatlantic.com/features/archi… 14 hours ago
- Most smartphone users download zero apps per month qz.com/253618/most-sm… 14 hours ago
- Luddite Horses and Why Your Job May Soon Cease to Exist scholarlykitchen.sspnet.org/2014/08/22/lud… 22 hours ago
- Hollywood Science is Getting Better scilogs.com/from_the_lab_b… 1 day ago
- The Co-op Barn | Horse Collaborative horsecollaborative.com/a-new-way-to-b… 1 day ago
- The World's Largest Horse horsecollaborative.com/the-worlds-lar… 1 day ago
- When cooperation counts news.harvard.edu/gazette/story/… 1 day ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.