My son is working on a paper for school and he picked the topic of video games and how they affect behavior. He primed himself by playing Assassin’s Creed for a couple of days, so he could aggressively look for sources and he found these:
Most Middle-school Boys And Many Girls Play Violent Video Games
Children’s Personality Features Unchanged By Short-Term Video Play
Study Examines Video Game Play Among Adolescents
Surgeons With Video Game Skill Appear To Perform Better In Simulated Surgery Skills Course
Online Multiplayer Video Games Create Greater Negative Consequences, Elicit Greater Enjoyment than Traditional Ones
How Violent Video Games Are Exemplary Aggression Teachers
In Video Games, Not All Mayhem Is Created Equal
Violent Video Games Can Increase Aggression
In Which Art Intimidates Life
This is your brain on violent media
Repeated Exposure to Media Violence Is Associated with Diminished Response in an Inhibitory Frontolimbic Network
Brain Changes When Viewing Violent Media
Media violence and the brain: when movies attack
This is Your Brain on Violent Media
Now he can start furiously typing his essay.
If only this image (from here) was not photoshopped, but reflected the real excitement of doing science instead of shooting at everything that moves….
My HomepageMy homepage is at http://coturnix.org. It is temporarily stripped to minimal information, but more will come soon.
Search This Blog:
There are no public comments available to display.
- BIO101 - From One Cell To Two: Cell Division and DNA Replication
- Quick & dirty: misleading sex surveys in women's mags (video)
- Food goes through a rabbit twice. Think what that means!
- BIO101 - Physiology: Coordinated Response
- BIO101 - Physiology: Regulation and Control
- Influence of Light Cycle on Dominance Status and Aggression in Crayfish
- Alert! Some Big And Important And Exciting News!
- Shaq and the Mini-Shaq, the extreme primates.
- Everything You Always Wanted To Know About Sleep (But Were Too Afraid To Ask)
- Two and a Half Months of Milkweed - lastwordonnothing.com/2014/11/21/two… 1 day ago
- Is publishing "just a button"? wp.me/p7FmM-2SJ 1 day ago
- 5 Questions for Tyler Hicks niemanstoryboard.org/stories/5-ques… via @niemanstory 1 day ago
- Conservation biologists drove two species to extinction. Save the parasites! By @Emma_Marris slate.com/blogs/wild_thi… via @SlateWild 1 day ago
- “The Definitive Story of ‘Information Wants To Be Free’” by @StevenLevy medium.com/backchannel/th… 1 day ago
- Seasonal affective disorder: Why the short days of winter make you depressed vox.com/2014/11/21/725… via @josephstromberg 1 day ago
- A high-flying health concern scienceline.org/2014/11/a-high… 1 day ago
- We choose to do these things because they are hard wp.me/pxxDo-UI via @allinthegutter 1 day ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.