My son is working on a paper for school and he picked the topic of video games and how they affect behavior. He primed himself by playing Assassin’s Creed for a couple of days, so he could aggressively look for sources and he found these:
Most Middle-school Boys And Many Girls Play Violent Video Games
Children’s Personality Features Unchanged By Short-Term Video Play
Study Examines Video Game Play Among Adolescents
Surgeons With Video Game Skill Appear To Perform Better In Simulated Surgery Skills Course
Online Multiplayer Video Games Create Greater Negative Consequences, Elicit Greater Enjoyment than Traditional Ones
How Violent Video Games Are Exemplary Aggression Teachers
In Video Games, Not All Mayhem Is Created Equal
Violent Video Games Can Increase Aggression
In Which Art Intimidates Life
This is your brain on violent media
Repeated Exposure to Media Violence Is Associated with Diminished Response in an Inhibitory Frontolimbic Network
Brain Changes When Viewing Violent Media
Media violence and the brain: when movies attack
This is Your Brain on Violent Media
Now he can start furiously typing his essay.
If only this image (from here) was not photoshopped, but reflected the real excitement of doing science instead of shooting at everything that moves….
My HomepageMy homepage is at http://coturnix.org. It is temporarily stripped to minimal information, but more will come soon.
Search This Blog:
There are no public comments available to display.
- BIO101 - Physiology: Regulation and Control
- BIO101 - Evolution of Biological Diversity
- Food goes through a rabbit twice. Think what that means!
- Lindau Nobel - interview with Ghada Al-Kadamany
- BIO101 - Protein Synthesis: Transcription and Translation
- Why republish an old blog post?
- Halloween Grand Rounds
- The PepsiGate linkfest
- Welcome the Popular Science blog network
- ScienceOnline2011 - interview with Holly Bik
- Study: Horses can Communicate Blanketing Preferences thehorse.com/articles/34718… 5 hours ago
- Solar power is contagious: Installing panels often means your neighbors will too vox.com/2014/10/24/705… via @voxdotcom 5 hours ago
- There is no shame worse than poor teeth in a rich world aeon.co/magazine/healt… via @aeonmag 5 hours ago
- The Police Are Still Out of Control politico.com/magazine/story… by Frank Serpico 5 hours ago
- Napoleon's conquest of Italy led to a copyright-fueled opera boom vox.com/2014/10/24/704… via @voxdotcom 6 hours ago
- How Twitter helps you teach better wp.me/poqp6-3IM 9 hours ago
- @JulieMilland I agree with you that optimists outnumber pessimists, but he's right that the latter are richer and have better PR. 9 hours ago
- @JulieMilland he talks about two strains. See PDF as well - it's all too real, unfortunately 10 hours ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.