My son is working on a paper for school and he picked the topic of video games and how they affect behavior. He primed himself by playing Assassin’s Creed for a couple of days, so he could aggressively look for sources and he found these:
Most Middle-school Boys And Many Girls Play Violent Video Games
Children’s Personality Features Unchanged By Short-Term Video Play
Study Examines Video Game Play Among Adolescents
Surgeons With Video Game Skill Appear To Perform Better In Simulated Surgery Skills Course
Online Multiplayer Video Games Create Greater Negative Consequences, Elicit Greater Enjoyment than Traditional Ones
How Violent Video Games Are Exemplary Aggression Teachers
In Video Games, Not All Mayhem Is Created Equal
Violent Video Games Can Increase Aggression
In Which Art Intimidates Life
This is your brain on violent media
Repeated Exposure to Media Violence Is Associated with Diminished Response in an Inhibitory Frontolimbic Network
Brain Changes When Viewing Violent Media
Media violence and the brain: when movies attack
This is Your Brain on Violent Media
Now he can start furiously typing his essay.
If only this image (from here) was not photoshopped, but reflected the real excitement of doing science instead of shooting at everything that moves….
My HomepageMy homepage is at http://coturnix.org. It is temporarily stripped to minimal information, but more will come soon.
Search This Blog:
Bora Zivkovic on Morning at Triton Angie Lindsay Ma on Morning at Triton Linda chamblee on Morning at Triton Jekyll » Blog… on The Big Announcement, this tim… Mike H on The Big Announcement, this tim…
- Doesn't reading about this make you salivate?
- Health and Medicine Poetry Contest
- Food goes through a rabbit twice. Think what that means!
- Spring Forward, Fall Back - should you watch out tomorrow morning?
- BIO101 - Protein Synthesis: Transcription and Translation
- Grand Rounds Vol. 6 No. 49 - a conference in a tropical island resort
- Open Laboratory 2010 - submissions so far
- ScienceOnline2011 – interview with Jason Priem
- BIO101 - Organisms In Time and Space: Ecology
- Field of Science: #FieldNotes: Hallucigenia is back on its head again. fieldofscience.com/2015/07/fieldn… 2 hours ago
- #FieldNotes: Hallucigenia is back on its head again. fieldofscience.com/2015/07/fieldn… 22 hours ago
- RT @ccziv: See comment: advicegoddess.com/archives/2015/… @richardajowsey @marscrumbs @louisemensch 22 hours ago
- Field of Science: #FieldNotes: Hallucigenia is back on its head again. fieldofscience.com/2015/07/fieldn… 1 day ago
- 5,200 Days in Space theatlantic.com/features/archi… 5 days ago
- I once tried to cheat sleep, and for a year I succeeded qz.com/430415/i-once-… 5 days ago
- #FieldNotes: Honey Badger Don’t Care! fieldofscience.com/2015/06/fieldn… 1 week ago
- Field of Science: #FieldNotes: Honey Badger Don’t Care! fieldofscience.com/2015/06/fieldn… 1 week ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.