I tried to understand what DNA barcoding is, as everyone is talking about it. And I tried reading a couple of papers about it – I am a biologist, so I should have understood them, but nope, I was still in the dark.
So, what does one do? Waits for a science blogger to explain it. And so it happens, Karen explained it yesterday. I read it. Slowly and carefully. Only once. And I grokked it all!
My HomepageMy homepage is at http://coturnix.org. It is temporarily stripped to minimal information, but more will come soon.
Search This Blog:
Bora Zivkovic on Morning at Triton Angie Lindsay Ma on Morning at Triton Linda chamblee on Morning at Triton Jekyll » Blog… on The Big Announcement, this tim… Mike H on The Big Announcement, this tim…
- Lysenko Gets A D-Minus On My Genetics Test
- BIO101 - Evolution of Biological Diversity
- BIO101 - Physiology: Coordinated Response
- Bed bugs and cockroaches: The insects that bug us
- Doesn't reading about this make you salivate?
- Grand Rounds Vol. 6 No. 49 - a conference in a tropical island resort
- Carnal Carnival #1 - Essentials of Elimination
- Biology and the Scientific Method
- Stick Science cartoons
- Beyond Pluto: Let’s Go See Some More New Worlds phenomena.nationalgeographic.com/2015/07/31/bey… 1 day ago
- Physics demonstrations: Lichtenberg figures skullsinthestars.com/2015/07/31/phy… 1 day ago
- #FieldNotes: In a grip of the legs of a snake fieldofscience.com/2015/07/fieldn… 1 day ago
- @dylanmatt see also: blogs.scientificamerican.com/guest-blog/wan… 1 day ago
- Field of Science: FieldNotes: In a grip of the legs of a snake fieldofscience.com/2015/07/fieldn… 2 days ago
- Field of Science: #FieldNotes: In a grip of the legs of a snake fieldofscience.com/2015/07/fieldn… 2 days ago
- It’s Not Climate Change — It’s Everything Change — medium.com/matter/it-s-no… 3 days ago
- The Honey Hunters blog.longreads.com/2014/09/28/the… 3 days ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.