I tried to understand what DNA barcoding is, as everyone is talking about it. And I tried reading a couple of papers about it – I am a biologist, so I should have understood them, but nope, I was still in the dark.
So, what does one do? Waits for a science blogger to explain it. And so it happens, Karen explained it yesterday. I read it. Slowly and carefully. Only once. And I grokked it all!
My HomepageYou can find all about my online presence at http://coturnix.org. Views presented on this blog and all other online spaces are mine and do not represent the views of Scientific American or its owners (NPG and McMillan).
Search This Blog:
Bora Zivkovic on Morning at Triton Angie Lindsay Ma on Morning at Triton Linda chamblee on Morning at Triton Please, do explain.… on About matjaz zivkovic on About
- BIO101 - Physiology: Regulation and Control
- Food goes through a rabbit twice. Think what that means!
- The Ecological and Economic Importance of Sharks, Threats They Face, and How You Can Help (CANCELLED)
- ScienceOnline2011 – interview with Alice Bell
- How the Giraffe Got Its Neck?
- BIO101: Cell-Cell Interactions
- Grand Rounds Vol. 6 No. 49 - a conference in a tropical island resort
- I hope to see you tonight!
- Journal Clubs - think of the future!
- Health and Medicine Poetry Contest
- RT @Protohedgehog: An interesting look at the evolution of science authorship through time, by @RobAboukhalil bit.ly/10g2VpI 41 minutes ago
- RT @mistersugar: ICYMI: Please help us understand the impact of @ScienceOnline. #sciox. vr.stor.im 42 minutes ago
- China's One-Child Policy Affects Personality: scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id… 44 minutes ago
- Sharing Science Research in the Age of Social Media bit.ly/16JAHYj by @TERCtweets at #SciAmBlogs 45 minutes ago
- Why Feeling Anxious About Vaccine Makes It More Effective (Benefits of Short-Term Stress) ow.ly/1WrToe @ferrisjabr at #SciAmBlogs 1 hour ago
- Stuart Hurlbert rips Sokal & Rohlf and the state of biostatistical training ow.ly/1WrTao 1 hour ago
- Becoming an individual twin isn’t about genetics or environment, but how you experience them ow.ly/1WrROY @scicurious #SciAmBlogs 1 hour ago
- Taxonomic Splitting And The Meteoric Rise In The Number Of Reptile Species ow.ly/1WrQ4N 1 hour ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
Thank youThanks to Arikia Millikan for helping with setting up this site.