I tried to understand what DNA barcoding is, as everyone is talking about it. And I tried reading a couple of papers about it – I am a biologist, so I should have understood them, but nope, I was still in the dark.
So, what does one do? Waits for a science blogger to explain it. And so it happens, Karen explained it yesterday. I read it. Slowly and carefully. Only once. And I grokked it all!
My HomepageMy homepage is at http://coturnix.org. It is temporarily stripped to minimal information, but more will come soon.
Search This Blog:
There are no public comments available to display.
- Food goes through a rabbit twice. Think what that means!
- Stick Science cartoons
- The One and Only Serbian Restaurant in Manhattan
- BIO101 - Physiology: Coordinated Response
- Everything You Always Wanted To Know About Sleep (But Were Too Afraid To Ask)
- ScienceOnline2010 – interview with Kelly Rae Chi
- BIO101 - Physiology: Regulation and Control
- BIO101 - Evolution of Biological Diversity
- BIO101 - Biology and the Scientific Method
- Isopods At The Gate: Interview with Kevin Zelnio
- RT @jayrosen_nyu: Let's run an experiment on Facebook, rather than the other way around. They shift to opt in. Let's see what happens. http… 11 hours ago
- In 1858, People Said the Telegraph Was 'Too Fast for the Truth' theatlantic.com/technology/arc… 14 hours ago
- The story behind the heist at the N.C. Museum of Natural Sciences indyweek.com/indyweek/the-s… 14 hours ago
- First Look Media shifts direction some pressthink.org/2014/07/first-… 17 hours ago
- The right’s dinosaur fetish: Why the Koch brothers are obsessed with paleontology salon.com/2014/07/28/the… 17 hours ago
- Using Light to Diagnose Parkinson’s bu.edu/today/2014/usi… 17 hours ago
- Social network research may boost prairie dog conservation efforts eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2… 17 hours ago
- Star Wars Episode VII: A force on Ireland's birds earthtouchnews.com/earth-matters/… 17 hours ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.