If you are wondering why I posted this picture and what it all (including the title of this post) means, you need to read the comment threads on these posts:
The Transition to Daylight Savings Time and the Risk of Myocardial Infarction
The Response from Janszky and Ljung — Dr. Isis Defends the Blogosphere
What is ‘the normal way to debate and discuss scientific findings’ anyway?
Spring Forward, Fall Back – should you watch out tomorrow morning?
Notes of importance
Bora is the Most Brilliant Man Ever and I Love Him
Pseudonimity, scientific criticism and respect on the blogs…
Discourse give me hives
The Pseudonymity Laboratory: When Authors and Bloggers Collide
Letter to the Editor as a mechanism of post-publication scientific discussion
Update – there’s more:
Getting the roles of blogs and journals straight
Bring in da light, bring in da snark
On the Need for Women to Defend Women in Science…
My HomepageMy homepage is at http://coturnix.org. It is temporarily stripped to minimal information, but more will come soon.
Search This Blog:
There are no public comments available to display.
- BIO101 - Cell Structure
- Arsenic Bacteria link-dump
- Science Blogging Networks: What, Why and How
- Everything You Always Wanted To Know About Sleep (But Were Too Afraid To Ask)
- Carolus Linnaeus's Floral Clocks
- Biology and the Scientific Method
- Food goes through a rabbit twice. Think what that means!
- BIO101 - Physiology: Regulation and Control
- Nicholas Christakis: The hidden influence of social networks (TED talk video)
- Science journalism seminar kicks off in Montenegro scilogs.com/balkan_science… 2 hours ago
- The Golden Spoon - Consider the Fork gastropod.com/episode-1-the-… 4 hours ago
- Video Of The $210,000 Grand Prix of Central Park chronofhorse.com/article/video-… 4 hours ago
- Nat Geo Wild's Radical Approach to Science TV: Being Truthful animals.io9.com/nat-geo-wilds-… 4 hours ago
- How do paleontologists access the (non-open access) literature? blogs.plos.org/paleo/2014/09/… 4 hours ago
- ▶ Cavalry Horseback Riding Training: "Modern Centaurs" circa 1920 Educational Films Corporation youtube.com/watch?v=nOyvim… 4 hours ago
- The Life of the Mind: Hannah Arendt on Thinking vs. Knowing and the Crucial Difference Between Truth and Meaning brainpickings.org/2014/09/16/han… 5 hours ago
- How Repetition Enchants the Brain and the Psychology of Why We Love It in Music brainpickings.org/2014/09/18/on-… 5 hours ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.