If you are wondering why I posted this picture and what it all (including the title of this post) means, you need to read the comment threads on these posts:
The Transition to Daylight Savings Time and the Risk of Myocardial Infarction
The Response from Janszky and Ljung — Dr. Isis Defends the Blogosphere
What is ‘the normal way to debate and discuss scientific findings’ anyway?
Spring Forward, Fall Back – should you watch out tomorrow morning?
Notes of importance
Bora is the Most Brilliant Man Ever and I Love Him
Pseudonimity, scientific criticism and respect on the blogs…
Discourse give me hives
The Pseudonymity Laboratory: When Authors and Bloggers Collide
Letter to the Editor as a mechanism of post-publication scientific discussion
Update – there’s more:
Getting the roles of blogs and journals straight
Bring in da light, bring in da snark
On the Need for Women to Defend Women in Science…
My HomepageMy homepage is at http://coturnix.org. It is temporarily stripped to minimal information, but more will come soon.
Search This Blog:
Bora Zivkovic on Morning at Triton Angie Lindsay Ma on Morning at Triton Linda chamblee on Morning at Triton Jekyll » Blog… on The Big Announcement, this tim… Mike H on The Big Announcement, this tim…
- BIO101 - Physiology: Regulation and Control
- Food goes through a rabbit twice. Think what that means!
- BIO101 - Cell Structure
- BIO101 - Protein Synthesis: Transcription and Translation
- BIO101 - Physiology: Coordinated Response
- Web breaks echo-chambers, or, 'Echo-chamber' is just a derogatory term for 'community' - my remarks at #AAASmtg
- BIO101: Cell-Cell Interactions
- Postscript to Pittendrigh's Pet Project - Phototaxis, Photoperiodism and Precise Projectile Parabolas of Pilobolus on Pasture Poop
- Sleep Schedules in Adolescents
- BIO101 - Introduction to Anatomy and Physiology
- Peer J and PeerJ Preprints to be preserved with Portico – Portico shar.es/1gat9c 2 hours ago
- FieldNotes: from Captain Ahab to Jeff Goldblum, chasing the giants fieldofscience.com/2015/03/fieldn… 6 hours ago
- @CameronNeylon @AndreaKuszewski @McDawg @CarinaDSLR yup, that's what I complained about on my Facebook wall... 6 hours ago
- Behind the Curve lastwordonnothing.com/2015/03/25/beh… 12 hours ago
- Motivations to Blog about Science – #MySciBlog Data scilogs.com/from_the_lab_b… 16 hours ago
- This Nose Knows biologicalexceptions.blogspot.com/2015/03/this-n… 17 hours ago
- Journalists have to decide what to do about candidates who are climate change denialists pressthink.org/2015/03/journa… 18 hours ago
- @MGhydro @AndreaKuszewski @McDawg @CarinaDSLR of course, the first paper to be so requested was about tits! Blue tits! 21 hours ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.