If you are wondering why I posted this picture and what it all (including the title of this post) means, you need to read the comment threads on these posts:
The Transition to Daylight Savings Time and the Risk of Myocardial Infarction
The Response from Janszky and Ljung — Dr. Isis Defends the Blogosphere
What is ‘the normal way to debate and discuss scientific findings’ anyway?
Spring Forward, Fall Back – should you watch out tomorrow morning?
Notes of importance
Bora is the Most Brilliant Man Ever and I Love Him
Pseudonimity, scientific criticism and respect on the blogs…
Discourse give me hives
The Pseudonymity Laboratory: When Authors and Bloggers Collide
Letter to the Editor as a mechanism of post-publication scientific discussion
Update – there’s more:
Getting the roles of blogs and journals straight
Bring in da light, bring in da snark
On the Need for Women to Defend Women in Science…
My HomepageMy homepage is at http://coturnix.org. It is temporarily stripped to minimal information, but more will come soon.
Search This Blog:
Bora Zivkovic on Morning at Triton Angie Lindsay Ma on Morning at Triton Linda chamblee on Morning at Triton Jekyll » Blog… on The Big Announcement, this tim… Mike H on The Big Announcement, this tim…
- Postscript to Pittendrigh's Pet Project - Phototaxis, Photoperiodism and Precise Projectile Parabolas of Pilobolus on Pasture Poop
- Food goes through a rabbit twice. Think what that means!
- BIO101 - Cell Structure
- Waking Experience Affects Sleep Need in Drosophila
- Biology and the Scientific Method
- Hypnic Jerk
- Friday Weird Sex Blogging - Postscript to Pittendrigh's Pet Project - Phototaxis, Photoperiodism and Precise Projectile Parabolas of Pilobolus on Pasture Poop
- Scienceblogging: The Lay Scientist (and The Guardian) – a Q&A with Martin Robbins
- BIO101 - Current Biological Diversity
- BIO101 - Physiology: Regulation and Control
- A bigger, brighter 2016 for JCOM jcom.sissa.it/bigger-brighte… 10 hours ago
- Like the Facebook page: Journal of Science Communication facebook.com/jcom.sissa.it/ 1 day ago
- A bigger, brighter 2016 for JCOM jcom.sissa.it/bigger-brighte… 1 day ago
- Stakeholders engagement in research leads to higher policy impact jcom.sissa.it/stakeholders-e… 1 day ago
- "Extreme citizen science (ExCiteS)" and real citizens' empowerment jcom.sissa.it/extreme-citize… 2 days ago
- Can we understand citizen science? jcom.sissa.it/archive/15/01/… 3 weeks ago
- Challenges and successes in engaging citizen scientists to observe snow cover jcom.sissa.it/archive/15/01/… 3 weeks ago
- Cell Spotting: educational and motivational outcomes of cell biology citizen science project in the classroom jcom.sissa.it/archive/15/01/… 3 weeks ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.