If you are wondering why I posted this picture and what it all (including the title of this post) means, you need to read the comment threads on these posts:
The Transition to Daylight Savings Time and the Risk of Myocardial Infarction
The Response from Janszky and Ljung — Dr. Isis Defends the Blogosphere
What is ‘the normal way to debate and discuss scientific findings’ anyway?
Spring Forward, Fall Back – should you watch out tomorrow morning?
Notes of importance
Bora is the Most Brilliant Man Ever and I Love Him
Pseudonimity, scientific criticism and respect on the blogs…
Discourse give me hives
The Pseudonymity Laboratory: When Authors and Bloggers Collide
Letter to the Editor as a mechanism of post-publication scientific discussion
Update – there’s more:
Getting the roles of blogs and journals straight
Bring in da light, bring in da snark
On the Need for Women to Defend Women in Science…
My HomepageMy homepage is at http://coturnix.org. It is temporarily stripped to minimal information, but more will come soon.
Search This Blog:
There are no public comments available to display.
- BIO101 - Evolution of Biological Diversity
- The Irish-Serbian connection
- BIO101 - Physiology: Coordinated Response
- BIO101 - Physiology: Regulation and Control
- Food goes through a rabbit twice. Think what that means!
- Lindau Nobel - interview with Ghada Al-Kadamany
- BIO101 - Introduction to Anatomy and Physiology
- Why republish an old blog post?
- Welcome the Popular Science blog network
- Best of September
- Study: Horses can Communicate Blanketing Preferences thehorse.com/articles/34718… 12 hours ago
- Solar power is contagious: Installing panels often means your neighbors will too vox.com/2014/10/24/705… via @voxdotcom 12 hours ago
- There is no shame worse than poor teeth in a rich world aeon.co/magazine/healt… via @aeonmag 12 hours ago
- The Police Are Still Out of Control politico.com/magazine/story… by Frank Serpico 12 hours ago
- Napoleon's conquest of Italy led to a copyright-fueled opera boom vox.com/2014/10/24/704… via @voxdotcom 12 hours ago
- How Twitter helps you teach better wp.me/poqp6-3IM 16 hours ago
- @JulieMilland I agree with you that optimists outnumber pessimists, but he's right that the latter are richer and have better PR. 16 hours ago
- @JulieMilland he talks about two strains. See PDF as well - it's all too real, unfortunately 17 hours ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.