If you are wondering why I posted this picture and what it all (including the title of this post) means, you need to read the comment threads on these posts:
The Transition to Daylight Savings Time and the Risk of Myocardial Infarction
The Response from Janszky and Ljung — Dr. Isis Defends the Blogosphere
What is ‘the normal way to debate and discuss scientific findings’ anyway?
Spring Forward, Fall Back – should you watch out tomorrow morning?
Notes of importance
Bora is the Most Brilliant Man Ever and I Love Him
Pseudonimity, scientific criticism and respect on the blogs…
Discourse give me hives
The Pseudonymity Laboratory: When Authors and Bloggers Collide
Letter to the Editor as a mechanism of post-publication scientific discussion
Update – there’s more:
Getting the roles of blogs and journals straight
Bring in da light, bring in da snark
On the Need for Women to Defend Women in Science…
My HomepageYou can find all about my online presence at http://coturnix.org. Views presented on this blog and all other online spaces are mine and do not represent the views of Scientific American or its owners (NPG and McMillan).
Search This Blog:
Bora Zivkovic on Morning at Triton Angie Lindsay Ma on Morning at Triton Linda chamblee on Morning at Triton Please, do explain.… on About matjaz zivkovic on About
- Food goes through a rabbit twice. Think what that means!
- BIO101 - Physiology: Regulation and Control
- BIO101 - Physiology: Coordinated Response
- Come to ConvergeSouth
- ScienceOnline2010 - interview with Morgan Giddings
- A Farewell to Scienceblogs: the Changing Science Blogging Ecosystem
- Quick Links and Updates
- Rubik's Cube Tournament - Winners Meet Professor Erno Rubik
- ScienceOnline2011 – interview with Holly Tucker
- #SciAmBlogs Friday – Kirk vs. Spock, bridge failure, elephant seals, chemical intuition, predatory journals,... bit.ly/134T3xx 5 hours ago
- Barack Obama Should Call for End of All War, Not Just War on Terror bit.ly/1259RZM by @Horganism at #SciAmBlogs 9 hours ago
- Less valid complaints about not getting a tenure-track faculty position bit.ly/1257o1B cc @whybirdssing 9 hours ago
- @DogSpies my chihuahua is great with kids....IF she's asked first. Great lesson! 9 hours ago
- @JaimeHeadden @chrisdc77 @MikeTaylor I have no idea what all you're talking about. Pong was easy. I quit gaming after that. 9 hours ago
- RT @DogSpies: Dog Bite Prevention Simplified: Want to interact with a dog? Ask the dog first. Check this out: bit.ly/14JAII4 9 hours ago
- @SciencingSara sure - we may get some $$ help for our drinks - can we chat over email? 10 hours ago
- @edyong209 yeah, I've been hearing it for about a decade now... 10 hours ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
Thank youThanks to Arikia Millikan for helping with setting up this site.