If you are wondering why I posted this picture and what it all (including the title of this post) means, you need to read the comment threads on these posts:
The Transition to Daylight Savings Time and the Risk of Myocardial Infarction
The Response from Janszky and Ljung — Dr. Isis Defends the Blogosphere
What is ‘the normal way to debate and discuss scientific findings’ anyway?
Spring Forward, Fall Back – should you watch out tomorrow morning?
Notes of importance
Bora is the Most Brilliant Man Ever and I Love Him
Pseudonimity, scientific criticism and respect on the blogs…
Discourse give me hives
The Pseudonymity Laboratory: When Authors and Bloggers Collide
Letter to the Editor as a mechanism of post-publication scientific discussion
Update – there’s more:
Getting the roles of blogs and journals straight
Bring in da light, bring in da snark
On the Need for Women to Defend Women in Science…
My HomepageMy homepage is at http://coturnix.org. It is temporarily stripped to minimal information, but more will come soon.
Search This Blog:
There are no public comments available to display.
- Food goes through a rabbit twice. Think what that means!
- Lesson of the Day: Circadian Clocks are HARD to shift!
- BIO101 - Evolution of Biological Diversity
- Lysenko Gets A D-Minus On My Genetics Test
- Domestication - it's a matter of time (always is for me, that's my 'hammer' for all nails)
- Introducing Wired Science Blog network!
- Can Wordpress do this?
- Open Laboratory 2010 - two weeks to go!
- Neil DeGrasse Tyson Debunks 2012 Armageddon (video)
- RT @dropeik: @BoraZ Also see/share "Risky business. Psychology can teach us much about why many people fear GM foods", Cosmos Mag http://t.… 5 hours ago
- How to Lose a Finger, and Other Things I Learned from Darwin's Library blogs.discovermagazine.com/inkfish/2014/0… 7 hours ago
- Revolutionary Engines: How Cars Saved the Urban Environment thebreakthrough.org/index.php/prog… 8 hours ago
- Uncovering Algorithms: Looking Inside the Facebook News Feed civic.mit.edu/blog/natematia… 8 hours ago
- A guaranteed income for every American would eliminate poverty — and it wouldn't destroy the economy vox.com/2014/7/23/5925… 8 hours ago
- Living like Bilbo Baggins: life in an eco-friendly 'hobbit house' telegraph.co.uk/property/green… 8 hours ago
- Science Communication: Making the Switch scilogs.com/guest_blog/sci… 8 hours ago
- Largest aquatic insect in the world found in China blogs.scientificamerican.com/running-ponies… 8 hours ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.