If you are wondering why I posted this picture and what it all (including the title of this post) means, you need to read the comment threads on these posts:
The Transition to Daylight Savings Time and the Risk of Myocardial Infarction
The Response from Janszky and Ljung — Dr. Isis Defends the Blogosphere
What is ‘the normal way to debate and discuss scientific findings’ anyway?
Spring Forward, Fall Back – should you watch out tomorrow morning?
Notes of importance
Bora is the Most Brilliant Man Ever and I Love Him
Pseudonimity, scientific criticism and respect on the blogs…
Discourse give me hives
The Pseudonymity Laboratory: When Authors and Bloggers Collide
Letter to the Editor as a mechanism of post-publication scientific discussion
Update – there’s more:
Getting the roles of blogs and journals straight
Bring in da light, bring in da snark
On the Need for Women to Defend Women in Science…
My HomepageMy homepage is at http://coturnix.org. It is temporarily stripped to minimal information, but more will come soon.
Search This Blog:
There are no public comments available to display.
- Food goes through a rabbit twice. Think what that means!
- BIO101 - Physiology: Coordinated Response
- BIO101 - Physiology: Regulation and Control
- BIO101 - From One Cell To Two: Cell Division and DNA Replication
- ScienceOnline2010 - interview with Morgan Giddings
- Carnal Carnival - everything you ever wanted to know about poop you will be able to learn in ten days from today
- BIO101 - From Two Cells To Many: Cell Differentiation and Embryonic Development
- Web breaks echo-chambers, or, 'Echo-chamber' is just a derogatory term for 'community' - my remarks at #AAASmtg
- Grand Rounds Vol. 6 No. 49 - a conference in a tropical island resort
- Wellness and Writing Connections Conference
- When to quit your journalism job pressthink.org/2014/12/when-t… 12 hours ago
- Why the workday should be 10–6, not 9–5 vox.com/2014/12/17/740… 1 day ago
- Making the Internet a utility—what’s the worst that could happen? arstechnica.com/business/2014/… 1 day ago
- Questions about alternative splicing sandwalk.blogspot.com/2014/12/questi… 1 day ago
- Beyond journalism in the present tense nie.mn/1z6rojp via @NiemanLab 1 day ago
- News organizations get serious about research nie.mn/1C2Zinj via @NiemanLab 1 day ago
- The Weight of the World: A Look At Global Obesity Prevalence and Dietary Trends blogs.scientificamerican.com/food-matters/2… 1 day ago
- Forelimb biomechanics with Dr. Hilary Clayton horsecollaborative.com/its-all-about-… 1 day ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.