As you know, Anton Zuiker, David Kroll and I were on the radio earlier today, chatting for an hour with Ernie Hood of Radio In Vivo, here in Carrboro.
We discussed science communication, education, publishing, blogging, popularization, journalism, social networking, Second Life, etc. The focus was on ScienceOnline09, but we also mentioned The Open Laboratory anthologies (2006, 2007 and 2008), LabLit.com, the NCCU BRITE, Duke Health, Inside Duke Medicine, PLoS, BlogTogether, SCONC and, of course, our blogs.
Try to find an hour of peace and quiet and listen to the show here (mp3).
And then check out the podcasts of the old Radio In Vivo science shows – there are some excellent previous shows with great scientists.
Update: David took some pictures – you can see them here.
My HomepageMy homepage is at http://coturnix.org. It is temporarily stripped to minimal information, but more will come soon.
Search This Blog:
There are no public comments available to display.
- Food goes through a rabbit twice. Think what that means!
- BIO101 - Physiology: Coordinated Response
- BIO101: Cell-Cell Interactions
- Carnal Carnival #1 - Essentials of Elimination
- BIO101 - From One Cell To Two: Cell Division and DNA Replication
- BIO101 - Origin of Biological Diversity
- BIO101 - Current Biological Diversity
- BIO101 - Evolution of Biological Diversity
- BIO101 - Cell Structure
- Genome as a Multipurpose Structure Built by Evolution muse.jhu.edu/journals/persp… (from @ProjectMUSE) 1 hour ago
- RT @jayrosen_nyu: I just published something new at my site, called: Why do they give us tenure? pressthink.org/2014/10/why-do… Warning: long and d… 1 hour ago
- Are mornings for morality? Night owls might disagree ars.to/1tgqD4H 8 hours ago
- Something is wrong on the Internet! What does the Science Blogger do? scilogs.com/from_the_lab_b… 13 hours ago
- How the Right-Wing Media Smeared a Science Project motherboard.vice.com/read/how-the-r… 13 hours ago
- $8.5 million expansion gives NC Zoo’s polar bears more room to roam newsobserver.com/2014/10/23/425… 13 hours ago
- Rapid Evolution in Anolis carolinensis Following the Invasion of Anolis sagrei anoleannals.org/2014/10/25/rap… 13 hours ago
- Nature criticizes science hyperbole and bad science writing sandwalk.blogspot.ca/2014/10/nature… 13 hours ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.