As you know, Anton Zuiker, David Kroll and I were on the radio earlier today, chatting for an hour with Ernie Hood of Radio In Vivo, here in Carrboro.
We discussed science communication, education, publishing, blogging, popularization, journalism, social networking, Second Life, etc. The focus was on ScienceOnline09, but we also mentioned The Open Laboratory anthologies (2006, 2007 and 2008), LabLit.com, the NCCU BRITE, Duke Health, Inside Duke Medicine, PLoS, BlogTogether, SCONC and, of course, our blogs.
Try to find an hour of peace and quiet and listen to the show here (mp3).
And then check out the podcasts of the old Radio In Vivo science shows – there are some excellent previous shows with great scientists.
Update: David took some pictures – you can see them here.
My HomepageMy homepage is at http://coturnix.org. It is temporarily stripped to minimal information, but more will come soon.
Search This Blog:
There are no public comments available to display.
- Food goes through a rabbit twice. Think what that means!
- Lesson of the Day: Circadian Clocks are HARD to shift!
- BIO101 - Evolution of Biological Diversity
- Lysenko Gets A D-Minus On My Genetics Test
- Introducing Wired Science Blog network!
- Domestication - it's a matter of time (always is for me, that's my 'hammer' for all nails)
- Scienceblogging: Scientopia – a Q&A with SciCurious and Mark Chu-Carroll
- Quick Links
- Open Laboratory - old Prefaces and Introductions
- RT @dropeik: @BoraZ Also see/share "Risky business. Psychology can teach us much about why many people fear GM foods", Cosmos Mag http://t.… 3 hours ago
- How to Lose a Finger, and Other Things I Learned from Darwin's Library blogs.discovermagazine.com/inkfish/2014/0… 5 hours ago
- Revolutionary Engines: How Cars Saved the Urban Environment thebreakthrough.org/index.php/prog… 5 hours ago
- Uncovering Algorithms: Looking Inside the Facebook News Feed civic.mit.edu/blog/natematia… 6 hours ago
- A guaranteed income for every American would eliminate poverty — and it wouldn't destroy the economy vox.com/2014/7/23/5925… 6 hours ago
- Living like Bilbo Baggins: life in an eco-friendly 'hobbit house' telegraph.co.uk/property/green… 6 hours ago
- Science Communication: Making the Switch scilogs.com/guest_blog/sci… 6 hours ago
- Largest aquatic insect in the world found in China blogs.scientificamerican.com/running-ponies… 6 hours ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.