As you know, Anton Zuiker, David Kroll and I were on the radio earlier today, chatting for an hour with Ernie Hood of Radio In Vivo, here in Carrboro.
We discussed science communication, education, publishing, blogging, popularization, journalism, social networking, Second Life, etc. The focus was on ScienceOnline09, but we also mentioned The Open Laboratory anthologies (2006, 2007 and 2008), LabLit.com, the NCCU BRITE, Duke Health, Inside Duke Medicine, PLoS, BlogTogether, SCONC and, of course, our blogs.
Try to find an hour of peace and quiet and listen to the show here (mp3).
And then check out the podcasts of the old Radio In Vivo science shows – there are some excellent previous shows with great scientists.
Update: David took some pictures – you can see them here.
My HomepageMy homepage is at http://coturnix.org. It is temporarily stripped to minimal information, but more will come soon.
Search This Blog:
Nicholas Robinson on 2013 – Blog Year In… Alison Cummins on 2013 – Blog Year In… Alison Cummins on 2013 – Blog Year In… Sam on 2013 – Blog Year In… Nicholas Robinson on 2013 – Blog Year In…
- 2013 - Blog Year In Review
- BIO101 - Protein Synthesis: Transcription and Translation
- This happened
- Lindau Nobel - interview with Ghada Al-Kadamany
- Some fun stats about the participants of ScienceOnline2011
- BIO101 - Physiology: Regulation and Control
- More on sleep in adolescents
- Carnal Carnival #1 - Essentials of Elimination
- Stick Science cartoons
- RT @ccziv: I.Am.So.Tired. Hate on Bora all you want but LEAVE ANTON ALONE. He has been all good to EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU. 2 months ago
- #FF for last three months of Fridays - one and only @ccziv 2 months ago
- RT @Anna_Rothschild: What could have entered the public domain today if the 1976 Copyright Act didn't exist? bit.ly/19Dgoia #public… 2 months ago
- Wearing two hats (or two white coats): The rise of researcher-doctors georgiahealthnews.com/2014/01/wearin… 2 months ago
- When Physicians Relate to Some Patients, but Not All blogs.scientificamerican.com/guest-blog/201… 2 months ago
- @FromTheLabBench Thank you! 2 months ago
- RT @DogSpies: Can You Sniff Your Dog Out Of A Line Up? | My latest at @sciamblogs Title HT @DoUBelieveInDog! blogs.scientificamerican.com/dog-spies/2013… http://… 2 months ago
- RT @FromTheLabBench: Grey squirrel nests are nothing if not a testimony to incredible animal industry... great post by @m_m_campbell: http:… 2 months ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.