As you know, Anton Zuiker, David Kroll and I were on the radio earlier today, chatting for an hour with Ernie Hood of Radio In Vivo, here in Carrboro.
We discussed science communication, education, publishing, blogging, popularization, journalism, social networking, Second Life, etc. The focus was on ScienceOnline09, but we also mentioned The Open Laboratory anthologies (2006, 2007 and 2008), LabLit.com, the NCCU BRITE, Duke Health, Inside Duke Medicine, PLoS, BlogTogether, SCONC and, of course, our blogs.
Try to find an hour of peace and quiet and listen to the show here (mp3).
And then check out the podcasts of the old Radio In Vivo science shows – there are some excellent previous shows with great scientists.
Update: David took some pictures – you can see them here.
My HomepageMy homepage is at http://coturnix.org. It is temporarily stripped to minimal information, but more will come soon.
Search This Blog:
There are no public comments available to display.
- Food goes through a rabbit twice. Think what that means!
- BIO101 - Cell Structure
- Carnal Carnival #1 - Essentials of Elimination
- Arsenic Bacteria link-dump
- Science Blogging Networks: What, Why and How
- Nicholas Christakis: The hidden influence of social networks (TED talk video)
- Web breaks echo-chambers, or, 'Echo-chamber' is just a derogatory term for 'community' - my remarks at #AAASmtg
- RSA Animate - Smile or Die (video)
- Sigma Xi pizza lunch lecture: Images of Darwin and the Nature of Science
- Everything You Always Wanted To Know About Sleep (But Were Too Afraid To Ask)
- Why is Thomas Piketty's 700-page book a bestseller? gu.com/p/4xd4v/tw 3 hours ago
- How anti-vaccination is like a nuclear bomb: wp.me/p6nGL-29c via @drskyskull 3 hours ago
- Science journalism seminar kicks off in Montenegro scilogs.com/balkan_science… 10 hours ago
- The Golden Spoon - Consider the Fork gastropod.com/episode-1-the-… 12 hours ago
- Video Of The $210,000 Grand Prix of Central Park chronofhorse.com/article/video-… 12 hours ago
- Nat Geo Wild's Radical Approach to Science TV: Being Truthful animals.io9.com/nat-geo-wilds-… 12 hours ago
- How do paleontologists access the (non-open access) literature? blogs.plos.org/paleo/2014/09/… 12 hours ago
- ▶ Cavalry Horseback Riding Training: "Modern Centaurs" circa 1920 Educational Films Corporation youtube.com/watch?v=nOyvim… 12 hours ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.