As you know, Anton Zuiker, David Kroll and I were on the radio earlier today, chatting for an hour with Ernie Hood of Radio In Vivo, here in Carrboro.
We discussed science communication, education, publishing, blogging, popularization, journalism, social networking, Second Life, etc. The focus was on ScienceOnline09, but we also mentioned The Open Laboratory anthologies (2006, 2007 and 2008), LabLit.com, the NCCU BRITE, Duke Health, Inside Duke Medicine, PLoS, BlogTogether, SCONC and, of course, our blogs.
Try to find an hour of peace and quiet and listen to the show here (mp3).
And then check out the podcasts of the old Radio In Vivo science shows – there are some excellent previous shows with great scientists.
Update: David took some pictures – you can see them here.
My HomepageMy homepage is at http://coturnix.org. It is temporarily stripped to minimal information, but more will come soon.
Search This Blog:
There are no public comments available to display.
- Food goes through a rabbit twice. Think what that means!
- BIO101 - Biology and the Scientific Method
- BIO101 - Physiology: Regulation and Control
- BIO101 - From Two Cells To Many: Cell Differentiation and Embryonic Development
- Lindau Nobel - interview with Ghada Al-Kadamany
- Save the Mountain Walrus
- Biological Clocks in Protista
- Some fun stats about the participants of ScienceOnline2011
- Teaching Biology 101 (to adults)
- BIO101 - Protein Synthesis: Transcription and Translation
- The way we get off airplanes makes absolutely no sense vox.com/2014/7/8/58778… via @josephstromberg 7 hours ago
- A Journal to Advance Citizen Science: an Interview with Caren Cooper - scilogs.com/communication_… 7 hours ago
- Why Americans Are the Weirdest People in the World psmag.com/books-and-cult… 22 hours ago
- Trotting Over Poles Can Have Exercise, Therapeutic Benefits thehorse.com/articles/34104… 2 days ago
- What You Eat Matters. Does When You Eat Matter, Too? health.usnews.com/health-news/bl… 3 days ago
- Andrew's five favorite "new" ocean blogs: southernfriedscience.com/?p=17988 via @SFriedScience 3 days ago
- I'd be optimistic about a news organization (finally) trying a 'full-stack' business approach wp.me/poqp6-3Rn via @wordpressdotcom 3 days ago
- What lesson should universities learn from the decline of newspapers? | In Due Course induecourse.ca/what-lesson-sh… 3 days ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.