As you know, Anton Zuiker, David Kroll and I were on the radio earlier today, chatting for an hour with Ernie Hood of Radio In Vivo, here in Carrboro.
We discussed science communication, education, publishing, blogging, popularization, journalism, social networking, Second Life, etc. The focus was on ScienceOnline09, but we also mentioned The Open Laboratory anthologies (2006, 2007 and 2008), LabLit.com, the NCCU BRITE, Duke Health, Inside Duke Medicine, PLoS, BlogTogether, SCONC and, of course, our blogs.
Try to find an hour of peace and quiet and listen to the show here (mp3).
And then check out the podcasts of the old Radio In Vivo science shows – there are some excellent previous shows with great scientists.
Update: David took some pictures – you can see them here.
My HomepageMy homepage is at http://coturnix.org. It is temporarily stripped to minimal information, but more will come soon.
Search This Blog:
There are no public comments available to display.
- BIO101 - Physiology: Coordinated Response
- Food goes through a rabbit twice. Think what that means!
- ScienceOnline2011 – interview with Robin Lloyd
- UCLA's Peter Narins' lecture on frog communication (video)
- Coturnix on Sex, part I - Blogging in the nude
- BIO101 - What Creatures Do: Animal Behavior
- Why republish an old blog post?
- Why is some coverage of scientific news in the media very poor?
- Welcome the Popular Science blog network
- BIO101 - Physiology: Regulation and Control
- RT @ccziv: Scientists have created the perfect music for cats sciencealert.com/scientists-hav… #via @ScienceAlert 8 hours ago
- RT @ccziv: Social Media-A Lifeline For Patients With Rare Diseases onforb.es/1M1FxA7 via @forbes 8 hours ago
- RT @ccziv: Atul Gawande and Palliative Care shar.es/1WUXpK via @sharethis 8 hours ago
- But What Do We Know? tws.io/1DLxVzK 10 hours ago
- Bill O’Reilly is a performance artist, and his genre is “resentment news.” pressthink.org/2015/03/bill-o… 10 hours ago
- What is (or will be) your old school science cred? wp.me/p2wMuW-3dq via @DynamicEcology 17 hours ago
- Quick Twitter Tip for Attributing Art blogs.scientificamerican.com/symbiartic/201… 2 days ago
- RT @fieldofscience: Fieldnotes: a view to spotted horses in the morning: Fieldnotes is a weekly collection of… goo.gl/fb/8O9Ejh 3 days ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.