As you know, Anton Zuiker, David Kroll and I were on the radio earlier today, chatting for an hour with Ernie Hood of Radio In Vivo, here in Carrboro.
We discussed science communication, education, publishing, blogging, popularization, journalism, social networking, Second Life, etc. The focus was on ScienceOnline09, but we also mentioned The Open Laboratory anthologies (2006, 2007 and 2008), LabLit.com, the NCCU BRITE, Duke Health, Inside Duke Medicine, PLoS, BlogTogether, SCONC and, of course, our blogs.
Try to find an hour of peace and quiet and listen to the show here (mp3).
And then check out the podcasts of the old Radio In Vivo science shows – there are some excellent previous shows with great scientists.
Update: David took some pictures – you can see them here.
My HomepageMy homepage is at http://coturnix.org. It is temporarily stripped to minimal information, but more will come soon.
Search This Blog:
There are no public comments available to display.
- Food goes through a rabbit twice. Think what that means!
- BIO101 - Physiology: Regulation and Control
- BIO101 - Biology and the Scientific Method
- BIO101 - Evolution of Biological Diversity
- How to ride a horse bareback and bridle-less (video)
- BIO101 - Protein Synthesis: Transcription and Translation
- ScienceOnline2010 - interview with Fenella Saunders
- Scienceblogging: The Lay Scientist (and The Guardian) – a Q&A with Martin Robbins
- Health and Medicine Poetry Contest
- Quick Links
- Be Afraid! Be VERY Afraid!!! How Can You Help It These Days? bigthink.com/risk-reason-an… 3 hours ago
- Why Isn’t More Botanical Art Like This? blogs.scientificamerican.com/symbiartic/201… 3 hours ago
- Central Park Horse Show announced horsecollaborative.com/show-jumping-i… 3 hours ago
- Are some horses ‘unfixable’? Are all horse problems created by humans? stacywestfallhorseblog.com/2014/07/28/are… 3 hours ago
- Do animals display signs of jealousy? horsetalk.co.nz/2014/07/30/do-… 3 hours ago
- The Nine Simultaneous Lives of Cats: Cat Tracker - Citizen Science Salon | blogs.discovermagazine.com/citizen-scienc… 3 hours ago
- Duck and Cover: Science Journalism in the Digital Age chemheritage.org/discover/media… 3 hours ago
- Science Blogging: Got Comments? scilogs.com/from_the_lab_b… 3 hours ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.