When: Friday, January 30, 2009 1:30 PM – 2:30 PM
Where: LSRC B101 Love Auditorium
Description: Bruce Alberts, a prominent biochemist strongly commited to the improvement of science education, began service as Editor-in-Chief of Science in March 2008. He is a professor in the Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics at the University of California, San Francisco. Alberts has been instrumental in developing the National Science Education standards implemented in school systems nationwide. He is a major proponent of “science as inquiry” teaching that emphasizes logical, hands-on problem solving. Alberts is committed to the promotion of the “creativity, openness and tolerance that are inherent to science”. Alberts believes that scientists everywhere must help create more rational, scientifically-based societies.For More information on Dr. Alberts and his guest seminar, please click on More Info above.
Sponsor: Center for Science Education
My HomepageMy homepage is at http://coturnix.org. It is temporarily stripped to minimal information, but more will come soon.
Search This Blog:
There are no public comments available to display.
- Food goes through a rabbit twice. Think what that means!
- Everything You Always Wanted To Know About Sleep (But Were Too Afraid To Ask)
- Walking With Zeke
- Domestication - it's a matter of time (always is for me, that's my 'hammer' for all nails)
- Lesson of the Day: Circadian Clocks are HARD to shift!
- Serbian Dreambook: National Imaginary in the Time of Milošević
- Shaq and the Mini-Shaq, the extreme primates.
- From Viruses to Viral Video: Interview with Anna Kushnir
- Biology and the Scientific Method
- BIO101 - Origin of Biological Diversity
- RT @maggiekb1: Hundreds of thousands of Indian farmers have committed suicide. But their deaths have nothing to do with Monsanto http://t.c… 13 hours ago
- The limits of animal life on Tatooine boingboing.net/2014/07/22/ani… 14 hours ago
- Worthwhile Canadian Initiative: Learning about theory does not teach people how to theorize worthwhile.typepad.com/worthwhile_can… 14 hours ago
- What the textbooks don't tell you - one of psychology's most famous experiments was seriously flawed bps-research-digest.blogspot.ca/2014/07/what-t… 14 hours ago
- A world without statistics andrewgelman.com/2014/07/23/wor… 14 hours ago
- There are no ring species whyevolutionistrue.wordpress.com/2014/07/16/the… 14 hours ago
- Even Tatooine feels the heat from climate change cnet.com/news/even-tato… 14 hours ago
- Popular Anti-Science Site Likens Journalists to "Nazi Collaborators" Over GMO Coverage motherjones.com/blue-marble/20… 14 hours ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.