When: Friday, January 30, 2009 1:30 PM – 2:30 PM
Where: LSRC B101 Love Auditorium
Description: Bruce Alberts, a prominent biochemist strongly commited to the improvement of science education, began service as Editor-in-Chief of Science in March 2008. He is a professor in the Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics at the University of California, San Francisco. Alberts has been instrumental in developing the National Science Education standards implemented in school systems nationwide. He is a major proponent of “science as inquiry” teaching that emphasizes logical, hands-on problem solving. Alberts is committed to the promotion of the “creativity, openness and tolerance that are inherent to science”. Alberts believes that scientists everywhere must help create more rational, scientifically-based societies.For More information on Dr. Alberts and his guest seminar, please click on More Info above.
Sponsor: Center for Science Education
My HomepageMy homepage is at http://coturnix.org. It is temporarily stripped to minimal information, but more will come soon.
Search This Blog:
There are no public comments available to display.
- BIO101 - Physiology: Regulation and Control
- Science Blogging Networks: What, Why and How
- BIO101 - Evolution of Biological Diversity
- BIO101: Cell-Cell Interactions
- Food goes through a rabbit twice. Think what that means!
- Best of September at A Blog Around The Clock
- BIO101 - From Two Cells To Many: Cell Differentiation and Embryonic Development
- Bed bugs and cockroaches: The insects that bug us
- Stick Science cartoons
- Alert! Some Big And Important And Exciting News!
- UNC team helps produce short documentary about solar energy investment in Spain jomc.unc.edu/news/unc-team-… 1 hour ago
- My garden is organic and I grow GMOs geneticliteracyproject.org/2014/09/02/my-… 3 hours ago
- New generation Amish farmer’s view of next Green Revolution geneticliteracyproject.org/2014/09/02/new… 3 hours ago
- Nap and coffee combo clears neurotransmitters so buzz more effective geneticliteracyproject.org/2014/09/02/nap… 3 hours ago
- When the media hypes epigenetics, mothers take the blame geneticliteracyproject.org/2014/09/02/whe… 3 hours ago
- What’s the future of GMO ‘Frankenfuels’? geneticliteracyproject.org/2014/09/02/wha… 3 hours ago
- Incredible video of North Carolina's Wild Horses horsecollaborative.com/incredible-vid… 5 hours ago
- There's A Teenager On Top Of The Show Jumping World, But The U.S. Riders Are In The Hunt chronofhorse.com/article/teenag… 8 hours ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.