When: Friday, January 30, 2009 1:30 PM – 2:30 PM
Where: LSRC B101 Love Auditorium
Description: Bruce Alberts, a prominent biochemist strongly commited to the improvement of science education, began service as Editor-in-Chief of Science in March 2008. He is a professor in the Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics at the University of California, San Francisco. Alberts has been instrumental in developing the National Science Education standards implemented in school systems nationwide. He is a major proponent of “science as inquiry” teaching that emphasizes logical, hands-on problem solving. Alberts is committed to the promotion of the “creativity, openness and tolerance that are inherent to science”. Alberts believes that scientists everywhere must help create more rational, scientifically-based societies.For More information on Dr. Alberts and his guest seminar, please click on More Info above.
Sponsor: Center for Science Education
My HomepageMy homepage is at http://coturnix.org. It is temporarily stripped to minimal information, but more will come soon.
Search This Blog:
There are no public comments available to display.
- BIO101 - Physiology: Regulation and Control
- Food goes through a rabbit twice. Think what that means!
- BIO101 - Evolution of Biological Diversity
- Arsenic Bacteria link-dump
- Web breaks echo-chambers, or, 'Echo-chamber' is just a derogatory term for 'community' - my remarks at #AAASmtg
- BIO101 - Current Biological Diversity
- BIO101 - Cell Structure
- Morning at Triton
- BIO101 - Physiology: Coordinated Response
- Whales Can Only Taste Salty deepseanews.com/2014/10/whales… via @deepseanews 4 hours ago
- Social Anxiety: why the mundane can be terrifying gu.com/p/42fdk/stw 4 hours ago
- Brain baloney has no place in the classroom theguardian.com/science/head-q… 4 hours ago
- People Are More Swayed by Things That Look Sciencey blogs.discovermagazine.com/inkfish/2014/1… 4 hours ago
- Why Do We Find it So Hard to Write About Ourselves? gainesonbrains.com/2014/10/why-do… 4 hours ago
- Secret wing colours attract female fruit flies eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2… 6 hours ago
- The Myth of the Unbiased Media eastbayexpress.com/oakland/the-my… 6 hours ago
- Social media could be diluting political extremism wired.co.uk/news/archive/2… 6 hours ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.