When: Friday, January 30, 2009 1:30 PM – 2:30 PM
Where: LSRC B101 Love Auditorium
Description: Bruce Alberts, a prominent biochemist strongly commited to the improvement of science education, began service as Editor-in-Chief of Science in March 2008. He is a professor in the Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics at the University of California, San Francisco. Alberts has been instrumental in developing the National Science Education standards implemented in school systems nationwide. He is a major proponent of “science as inquiry” teaching that emphasizes logical, hands-on problem solving. Alberts is committed to the promotion of the “creativity, openness and tolerance that are inherent to science”. Alberts believes that scientists everywhere must help create more rational, scientifically-based societies.For More information on Dr. Alberts and his guest seminar, please click on More Info above.
Sponsor: Center for Science Education
My HomepageMy homepage is at http://coturnix.org. It is temporarily stripped to minimal information, but more will come soon.
Search This Blog:
There are no public comments available to display.
- Food goes through a rabbit twice. Think what that means!
- BIO101 - Physiology: Regulation and Control
- BIO101 - Cell Structure
- Guest Blog at Scientific American – second guest post: We all need (a little bit of) sex
- Walking With Zeke
- ScienceOnline2010 - interview with Marla Broadfoot
- ScienceOnline2010 - interview with Maria Droujkova
- Dynamically Programmable Alarm Clock (video)
- Teaching Biology 101 (to adults)
- Stick Science cartoons
- Open-access megajournals reduce the peer-review burden wp.me/p7FmM-2T1 1 day ago
- Is this peer reviewed? Predatory journals and the transparency of peer review. blogs.scientificamerican.com/information-cu… 2 days ago
- Spider at the Window - lastwordonnothing.com/2014/11/25/spi… 2 days ago
- Holding a Book Bound in Human Skin wp.me/p14Gvd-1hY 2 days ago
- Can Brain Science Be Dangerous? nyti.ms/1C5vIl2 3 days ago
- Cosmopomorphism - lastwordonnothing.com/2014/11/24/890… 3 days ago
- Depicting the tree of life in museums: guiding principles from psychological research evolution-outreach.com/content/7/1/25 #evolution:educationandoutreach 3 days ago
- Surviving the Grind of Fact-Checking theopennotebook.com/2014/11/25/sur… 3 days ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.