When: Friday, January 30, 2009 1:30 PM – 2:30 PM
Where: LSRC B101 Love Auditorium
Description: Bruce Alberts, a prominent biochemist strongly commited to the improvement of science education, began service as Editor-in-Chief of Science in March 2008. He is a professor in the Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics at the University of California, San Francisco. Alberts has been instrumental in developing the National Science Education standards implemented in school systems nationwide. He is a major proponent of “science as inquiry” teaching that emphasizes logical, hands-on problem solving. Alberts is committed to the promotion of the “creativity, openness and tolerance that are inherent to science”. Alberts believes that scientists everywhere must help create more rational, scientifically-based societies.For More information on Dr. Alberts and his guest seminar, please click on More Info above.
Sponsor: Center for Science Education
My HomepageMy homepage is at http://coturnix.org. It is temporarily stripped to minimal information, but more will come soon.
Search This Blog:
There are no public comments available to display.
- Postscript to Pittendrigh's Pet Project - Phototaxis, Photoperiodism and Precise Projectile Parabolas of Pilobolus on Pasture Poop
- Food goes through a rabbit twice. Think what that means!
- Lindau Nobel - interview with Ghada Al-Kadamany
- BIO101 - Physiology: Coordinated Response
- The PepsiGate linkfest
- The Ecological and Economic Importance of Sharks, Threats They Face, and How You Can Help (CANCELLED)
- BIO101 - Physiology: Regulation and Control
- A couple of Big Announcements about The Open Laboratory
- BIO101 - Introduction to Anatomy and Physiology
- Wet beaches drown sea turtles scienceline.org/2014/10/wet-be… 2 hours ago
- Inside Breaking News — How we balance speed with rumor control: blog.breakingnews.com/post/481412769… 2 hours ago
- One-Third of Top Websites Restrict Customers’ Right to Sue nytimes.com/2014/10/23/ups… 2 hours ago
- Why media probably shouldn't name Ebola victims cjr.org/the_observator… 2 hours ago
- Journalists need a point of view if they want to stay relevant theconversation.com/journalists-ne… via @US_Conversation 5 hours ago
- Why you should use Twitter during your PhD wp.me/pX3kK-1D6 via @thesiswhisperer 8 hours ago
- Eye of the <del>/Tiger</del> Green Anole anoleannals.org/2014/10/24/eye… 9 hours ago
- On a Decade of Getting Pooped On By Birds - lastwordonnothing.com/2014/10/23/on-… 15 hours ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.