When: Friday, January 30, 2009 1:30 PM – 2:30 PM
Where: LSRC B101 Love Auditorium
Description: Bruce Alberts, a prominent biochemist strongly commited to the improvement of science education, began service as Editor-in-Chief of Science in March 2008. He is a professor in the Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics at the University of California, San Francisco. Alberts has been instrumental in developing the National Science Education standards implemented in school systems nationwide. He is a major proponent of “science as inquiry” teaching that emphasizes logical, hands-on problem solving. Alberts is committed to the promotion of the “creativity, openness and tolerance that are inherent to science”. Alberts believes that scientists everywhere must help create more rational, scientifically-based societies.For More information on Dr. Alberts and his guest seminar, please click on More Info above.
Sponsor: Center for Science Education
My HomepageMy homepage is at http://coturnix.org. It is temporarily stripped to minimal information, but more will come soon.
Search This Blog:
There are no public comments available to display.
- Is education what journalists do?
- BIO101 - Cell Structure
- Food goes through a rabbit twice. Think what that means!
- BIO101 - Protein Synthesis: Transcription and Translation
- BIO101 - Physiology: Regulation and Control
- ScienceOnline2011 – interview with John Hawks
- Biological Clocks in Protista
- Teaching Biology 101 (to adults)
- Grand Rounds Vol. 6 No. 49 - a conference in a tropical island resort
- “It’s Not Just Tang” by @astVintageSpace medium.com/re-form/its-no… 57 minutes ago
- Editors who don't use Twitter undercut their pleas to innovate wp.me/poqp6-3GC 59 minutes ago
- I’ve Never Been On a Top Twitter Science List scilogs.com/from_the_lab_b… 13 hours ago
- Research Confirms Controversial Darwin Theory of Jump Dispersal tntoday.utk.edu/2014/10/01/res… 22 hours ago
- ‘Superweeds’ confirm ‘failure’ of GMOs…or maybe not—Narrative misleads, avoids real solutions geneticliteracyproject.org/2014/10/01/sup… 22 hours ago
- Those Who Emerged from the Earth lastwordonnothing.com/2014/09/30/tho… 22 hours ago
- What REALLY Happens When Researchers Work with the Press? medium.com/@kirkenglehard… 22 hours ago
- I am now a “famous palaeontologist” … thanks to my antlers svpow.com/2014/10/01/i-a… 22 hours ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.