When: Friday, January 30, 2009 1:30 PM – 2:30 PM
Where: LSRC B101 Love Auditorium
Description: Bruce Alberts, a prominent biochemist strongly commited to the improvement of science education, began service as Editor-in-Chief of Science in March 2008. He is a professor in the Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics at the University of California, San Francisco. Alberts has been instrumental in developing the National Science Education standards implemented in school systems nationwide. He is a major proponent of “science as inquiry” teaching that emphasizes logical, hands-on problem solving. Alberts is committed to the promotion of the “creativity, openness and tolerance that are inherent to science”. Alberts believes that scientists everywhere must help create more rational, scientifically-based societies.For More information on Dr. Alberts and his guest seminar, please click on More Info above.
Sponsor: Center for Science Education
My HomepageMy homepage is at http://coturnix.org. It is temporarily stripped to minimal information, but more will come soon.
Search This Blog:
Bora Zivkovic on Morning at Triton Angie Lindsay Ma on Morning at Triton Linda chamblee on Morning at Triton Jekyll » Blog… on The Big Announcement, this tim… Mike H on The Big Announcement, this tim…
- BIO101 - Physiology: Regulation and Control
- Food goes through a rabbit twice. Think what that means!
- BIO101 - Physiology: Coordinated Response
- BIO101 - Current Biological Diversity
- BIO101: Cell-Cell Interactions
- Everything You Always Wanted To Know About Sleep (But Were Too Afraid To Ask)
- BIO101 - Protein Synthesis: Transcription and Translation
- Looking for good educational biology movies
- Silly me, I thought it was the cool fossils...
- Why doctors and scientists are so anxious about the rise of pop science - Vox vox.com/2015/4/27/8503… 1 hour ago
- 'I wish this guy hadn't written this book' - Columbia Journalism Review cjr.org/first_person/j… 1 hour ago
- Stegosaurus plates provide first solid evidence that male, female dinosaurs looked different | Machines Like Us machineslikeus.com/news/stegosaur… 1 hour ago
- Inbreeding among mountain gorillas has no consequences | ScienceNordic sciencenordic.com/inbreeding-amo… 1 hour ago
- The value of family meals thementalelf.net/populations-an… 1 hour ago
- Dreams of Monsters and Coconuts, Airports and Toilets | The Last Word On Nothing lastwordonnothing.com/2015/04/28/dre… 1 hour ago
- Parasite-Infected Bumblebees Seek out Flowers with Nicotine | Strange Animals strangeanimals.info/2015/04/infect… 1 hour ago
- Questioning Answers: Melatonin and leaky gut continued questioning-answers.blogspot.com/2015/04/melato… 1 hour ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.