When: Friday, January 30, 2009 1:30 PM – 2:30 PM
Where: LSRC B101 Love Auditorium
Description: Bruce Alberts, a prominent biochemist strongly commited to the improvement of science education, began service as Editor-in-Chief of Science in March 2008. He is a professor in the Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics at the University of California, San Francisco. Alberts has been instrumental in developing the National Science Education standards implemented in school systems nationwide. He is a major proponent of “science as inquiry” teaching that emphasizes logical, hands-on problem solving. Alberts is committed to the promotion of the “creativity, openness and tolerance that are inherent to science”. Alberts believes that scientists everywhere must help create more rational, scientifically-based societies.For More information on Dr. Alberts and his guest seminar, please click on More Info above.
Sponsor: Center for Science Education
My HomepageMy homepage is at http://coturnix.org. It is temporarily stripped to minimal information, but more will come soon.
Search This Blog:
Bora Zivkovic on Morning at Triton Angie Lindsay Ma on Morning at Triton Linda chamblee on Morning at Triton Jekyll » Blog… on The Big Announcement, this tim… Mike H on The Big Announcement, this tim…
- BIO101 - Physiology: Regulation and Control
- BIO101 - Physiology: Coordinated Response
- BIO101 - Current Biological Diversity
- Stick Science cartoons
- BIO101 - Biology and the Scientific Method
- Why republish an old blog post?
- Food goes through a rabbit twice. Think what that means!
- Vanessa Woods interview at ScienceOnline2010 (video)
- BIO101 - Origin of Biological Diversity
- How (not) to review papers on inclusive fitness molecularecologist.com/2015/03/how-no… 21 hours ago
- Some perspective on “predatory” open access journals scienceblogs.com/confessions/20… via @Scienceblogs 21 hours ago
- Small science, big picture wp.me/p1Wchp-2iz via @OnCirculation 21 hours ago
- There is crying in science. That’s okay. wp.me/p2wMuW-3j9 via @DynamicEcology 21 hours ago
- Neuroscience and other theory-poor fields: Tools first, simulation later wavefunction.fieldofscience.com/2015/03/neuros… 1 day ago
- Why Starting a “Blog” is a Terrible Idea medium.com/on-writing-2/w… Much better idea is to remove the scare quotes.... 1 day ago
- Saving a species, one snake at a time earthtouchnews.com/all-articles/2… 1 day ago
- Behind the Curve lastwordonnothing.com/2015/03/25/beh… 1 day ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.