When: Friday, January 30, 2009 1:30 PM – 2:30 PM
Where: LSRC B101 Love Auditorium
Description: Bruce Alberts, a prominent biochemist strongly commited to the improvement of science education, began service as Editor-in-Chief of Science in March 2008. He is a professor in the Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics at the University of California, San Francisco. Alberts has been instrumental in developing the National Science Education standards implemented in school systems nationwide. He is a major proponent of “science as inquiry” teaching that emphasizes logical, hands-on problem solving. Alberts is committed to the promotion of the “creativity, openness and tolerance that are inherent to science”. Alberts believes that scientists everywhere must help create more rational, scientifically-based societies.For More information on Dr. Alberts and his guest seminar, please click on More Info above.
Sponsor: Center for Science Education
My HomepageMy homepage is at http://coturnix.org. It is temporarily stripped to minimal information, but more will come soon.
Search This Blog:
There are no public comments available to display.
- Food goes through a rabbit twice. Think what that means!
- When Should Schools Start in the morning?
- Why republish an old blog post?
- Drumroll, please! Introducing: Scienceblogging.org
- BIO101 - Introduction to Anatomy and Physiology
- The One and Only Serbian Restaurant in Manhattan
- BIO101 - Physiology: Coordinated Response
- Isopods At The Gate: Interview with Kevin Zelnio
- Search terms...
- First Look Media shifts direction some pressthink.org/2014/07/first-… 3 hours ago
- The right’s dinosaur fetish: Why the Koch brothers are obsessed with paleontology salon.com/2014/07/28/the… 3 hours ago
- Using Light to Diagnose Parkinson’s bu.edu/today/2014/usi… 3 hours ago
- Social network research may boost prairie dog conservation efforts eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2… 3 hours ago
- Star Wars Episode VII: A force on Ireland's birds earthtouchnews.com/earth-matters/… 3 hours ago
- 10 Weird Resuscitation Techniques From 200 Years Ago mentalfloss.com/article/57977/… 3 hours ago
- We Experiment On Human Beings! blog.okcupid.com/index.php/we-e… 3 hours ago
- In the (appropriate!) shift to mobile, is desktop sometimes being abandoned too quickly? niemanlab.org/2014/07/in-the… 3 hours ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.