When: Friday, January 30, 2009 1:30 PM – 2:30 PM
Where: LSRC B101 Love Auditorium
Description: Bruce Alberts, a prominent biochemist strongly commited to the improvement of science education, began service as Editor-in-Chief of Science in March 2008. He is a professor in the Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics at the University of California, San Francisco. Alberts has been instrumental in developing the National Science Education standards implemented in school systems nationwide. He is a major proponent of “science as inquiry” teaching that emphasizes logical, hands-on problem solving. Alberts is committed to the promotion of the “creativity, openness and tolerance that are inherent to science”. Alberts believes that scientists everywhere must help create more rational, scientifically-based societies.For More information on Dr. Alberts and his guest seminar, please click on More Info above.
Sponsor: Center for Science Education
My HomepageMy homepage is at http://coturnix.org. It is temporarily stripped to minimal information, but more will come soon.
Search This Blog:
Bora Zivkovic on Morning at Triton Angie Lindsay Ma on Morning at Triton Linda chamblee on Morning at Triton Jekyll » Blog… on The Big Announcement, this tim… Mike H on The Big Announcement, this tim…
- Health and Medicine Poetry Contest
- BIO101 - Protein Synthesis: Transcription and Translation
- Food goes through a rabbit twice. Think what that means!
- The PepsiGate linkfest
- BIO101 - Cell Structure
- A Farewell to Scienceblogs: the Changing Science Blogging Ecosystem
- BIO101 - Biology and the Scientific Method
- BIO101 - Physiology: Regulation and Control
- BIO101 - Physiology: Coordinated Response
- Grand Rounds Vol. 6 No. 49 - a conference in a tropical island resort
- 5,200 Days in Space theatlantic.com/features/archi… 2 days ago
- I once tried to cheat sleep, and for a year I succeeded qz.com/430415/i-once-… 2 days ago
- #FieldNotes: Honey Badger Don’t Care! fieldofscience.com/2015/06/fieldn… 4 days ago
- Field of Science: #FieldNotes: Honey Badger Don’t Care! fieldofscience.com/2015/06/fieldn… 5 days ago
- Leader of the pack: fleshing out Velociraptor behaviour in Jurassic World neurodojo.blogspot.com/2015/06/leader… 5 days ago
- Next up on physics curriculums: “Interstellar” - qz.com/437078/next-up… 5 days ago
- Rethinking Invasion hakaimagazine.com/article-short/… 5 days ago
- Horses that heal: how equine therapy is helping people find peace of mind theguardian.com/science/2015/j… 5 days ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.