When: Friday, January 30, 2009 1:30 PM – 2:30 PM
Where: LSRC B101 Love Auditorium
Description: Bruce Alberts, a prominent biochemist strongly commited to the improvement of science education, began service as Editor-in-Chief of Science in March 2008. He is a professor in the Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics at the University of California, San Francisco. Alberts has been instrumental in developing the National Science Education standards implemented in school systems nationwide. He is a major proponent of “science as inquiry” teaching that emphasizes logical, hands-on problem solving. Alberts is committed to the promotion of the “creativity, openness and tolerance that are inherent to science”. Alberts believes that scientists everywhere must help create more rational, scientifically-based societies.For More information on Dr. Alberts and his guest seminar, please click on More Info above.
Sponsor: Center for Science Education
My HomepageMy homepage is at http://coturnix.org. It is temporarily stripped to minimal information, but more will come soon.
Search This Blog:
There are no public comments available to display.
- Food goes through a rabbit twice. Think what that means!
- Carolus Linnaeus's Floral Clocks
- Biology and the Scientific Method
- BIO101 - Protein Synthesis: Transcription and Translation
- BIO101 - Introduction to Anatomy and Physiology
- BIO101 - Physiology: Regulation and Control
- Teaching physiology - Cardiac Arrhythmias: the best video ever!
- ScienceOnline2011 - interview with Holly Bik
- Friday Weird Sex Blogging - Corkscrewing
- Timing dinosaurmusings.wordpress.com/2014/09/20/tim… 17 minutes ago
- Randy Schekman: Journals like 'Nature', 'Science' or 'Cell' prey on people's vanity metode.cat/en/Issues/Inte… 48 minutes ago
- @aliciaparr Thank you! 55 minutes ago
- On “Kardashians” in science and the general relationship between achievement and fame pensees.pascallisch.net/?p=1819 6 hours ago
- How to Make Social Media Worth Your Time: When Is Enough Enough? writerunboxed.com/2014/08/25/soc… 6 hours ago
- @Gurdur @ccziv thank you so much, Tim! 16 hours ago
- Where Do You Go To Learn About The Practice of Science Communication? scilogs.com/communication_… 23 hours ago
- Journey Through the Brain: MIT Neurotech blogs.scientificamerican.com/expeditions/20… 23 hours ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.