When: Friday, January 30, 2009 1:30 PM – 2:30 PM
Where: LSRC B101 Love Auditorium
Description: Bruce Alberts, a prominent biochemist strongly commited to the improvement of science education, began service as Editor-in-Chief of Science in March 2008. He is a professor in the Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics at the University of California, San Francisco. Alberts has been instrumental in developing the National Science Education standards implemented in school systems nationwide. He is a major proponent of “science as inquiry” teaching that emphasizes logical, hands-on problem solving. Alberts is committed to the promotion of the “creativity, openness and tolerance that are inherent to science”. Alberts believes that scientists everywhere must help create more rational, scientifically-based societies.For More information on Dr. Alberts and his guest seminar, please click on More Info above.
Sponsor: Center for Science Education
My HomepageMy homepage is at http://coturnix.org. It is temporarily stripped to minimal information, but more will come soon.
Search This Blog:
There are no public comments available to display.
- BIO101 - Physiology: Regulation and Control
- Quick & dirty: misleading sex surveys in women's mags (video)
- Food goes through a rabbit twice. Think what that means!
- Scienceblogging: The Lay Scientist (and The Guardian) – a Q&A with Martin Robbins
- BIO101 - Protein Synthesis: Transcription and Translation
- Branding Science Blogging: Cooperatives + Corporate Networks
- Revenge of the Zombifying Wasp (repost)
- Amateur Video Of Gulf Oil Slick - Worse Than BP Admits
- BIO101 - Physiology: Coordinated Response
- Explainer: what is seasonal affective disorder? theconversation.com/explainer-what… via @US_Conversation 5 hours ago
- Resurrecting the Body Snatchers: The Halloween Edition wp.me/p14Gvd-1gx 6 hours ago
- Genetic “hall of mirrors” with large palindromes, yet smaller: What’s mighty about the mouse bit.ly/1rHn411 via @GeneticLiteracy 6 hours ago
- Facebook's secret newsfeed experiments affected voter turnout in the 2012 election gigaom.com/2014/10/31/fac… via @gigaom 6 hours ago
- Why you should use Twitter during your PhD wp.me/pX3kK-1D6 via @thesiswhisperer 6 hours ago
- La Vie Souterraine - lastwordonnothing.com/2014/10/30/la-… 6 hours ago
- m.jbr.sagepub.com/content/early/… 1 day ago
- Study: Horses can Communicate Blanketing Preferences shar.es/10t4sE 1 day ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.