When: Friday, January 30, 2009 1:30 PM – 2:30 PM
Where: LSRC B101 Love Auditorium
Description: Bruce Alberts, a prominent biochemist strongly commited to the improvement of science education, began service as Editor-in-Chief of Science in March 2008. He is a professor in the Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics at the University of California, San Francisco. Alberts has been instrumental in developing the National Science Education standards implemented in school systems nationwide. He is a major proponent of “science as inquiry” teaching that emphasizes logical, hands-on problem solving. Alberts is committed to the promotion of the “creativity, openness and tolerance that are inherent to science”. Alberts believes that scientists everywhere must help create more rational, scientifically-based societies.For More information on Dr. Alberts and his guest seminar, please click on More Info above.
Sponsor: Center for Science Education
My HomepageYou can find all about my online presence at http://coturnix.org. Views presented on this blog and all other online spaces are mine and do not represent the views of Scientific American or its owners (NPG and McMillan).
Search This Blog:
Bora Zivkovic on Morning at Triton Angie Lindsay Ma on Morning at Triton Linda chamblee on Morning at Triton Please, do explain.… on About matjaz zivkovic on About
- BIO101: Cell-Cell Interactions
- Morning at Triton
- Linnaeus' floral clock on the island of Mainau
- BIO101 - Physiology: Regulation and Control
- Food goes through a rabbit twice. Think what that means!
- ScienceOnline2011 – interview with John Hawks
- Scienceblogging: Scientopia – a Q&A with SciCurious and Mark Chu-Carroll
- Carnal Carnival - everything you ever wanted to know about poop you will be able to learn in ten days from today
- Animals with cool names
- How the Giraffe Got Its Neck?
- Why Do Top Athletes Suddenly Develop “the Yips”—a Tendency to Choke under Pressure? scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id… 55 minutes ago
- Artist Goes Through His "Sloth Period" buzzfeed.com/chelseamarshal… 1 hour ago
- Climate Warnings, Growing Louder nytimes.com/2013/05/19/opi… 2 hours ago
- Jon Karl got played by a confidential source and now ABC News has a big Benghazi problem pressthink.org/2013/05/jon-ka… 2 hours ago
- Your story, please: How has ScienceOnline made a difference? ow.ly/1Wo32x #sciox 2 hours ago
- Unusual Offshore Octopods: The See-Through “Glass” Octopus [Video] bit.ly/16wJixP by @katherineharmon at #SciAmBlogs 2 hours ago
- Deadly Snakes, Ugly Critters, Leonardo DiCaprio and Other Links from the Brink bit.ly/16wJ49X by @johnrplatt at #SciAmBlogs 2 hours ago
- Physics Week in Review: May 18, 2013 bit.ly/16wIxoJ by @JenLucPiquant at #SciAmBlogs 2 hours ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
Thank youThanks to Arikia Millikan for helping with setting up this site.