When: Friday, January 30, 2009 1:30 PM – 2:30 PM
Where: LSRC B101 Love Auditorium
Description: Bruce Alberts, a prominent biochemist strongly commited to the improvement of science education, began service as Editor-in-Chief of Science in March 2008. He is a professor in the Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics at the University of California, San Francisco. Alberts has been instrumental in developing the National Science Education standards implemented in school systems nationwide. He is a major proponent of “science as inquiry” teaching that emphasizes logical, hands-on problem solving. Alberts is committed to the promotion of the “creativity, openness and tolerance that are inherent to science”. Alberts believes that scientists everywhere must help create more rational, scientifically-based societies.For More information on Dr. Alberts and his guest seminar, please click on More Info above.
Sponsor: Center for Science Education
My HomepageMy homepage is at http://coturnix.org. It is temporarily stripped to minimal information, but more will come soon.
Search This Blog:
Bora Zivkovic on Morning at Triton Angie Lindsay Ma on Morning at Triton Linda chamblee on Morning at Triton Jekyll » Blog… on The Big Announcement, this tim… Mike H on The Big Announcement, this tim…
- BIO101 - From Genes To Species: A Primer on Evolution
- BIO101 - From Genes To Traits: How Genotype Affects Phenotype
- BIO101 - What Creatures Do: Animal Behavior
- BIO101 - Protein Synthesis: Transcription and Translation
- BIO101 - Cell Structure
- BIO101 - From Two Cells To Many: Cell Differentiation and Embryonic Development
- BIO101: Cell-Cell Interactions
- BIO101 - From One Cell To Two: Cell Division and DNA Replication
- Food goes through a rabbit twice. Think what that means!
- Carnal Carnival #1 - Essentials of Elimination
- RT @ccziv: Cops Crack Down On Vendor Accused Of Charging $30 For Hot Dogs Near 9/11 Memorial gothamist.com/2015/05/21/wtc… 4 hours ago
- #FieldNotes: How The Bird Got Its Beak fieldofscience.com/2015/05/fieldn… 13 hours ago
- #FieldNotes: How The Bird Got Its Beak fieldofscience.com/2015/05/fieldn… 16 hours ago
- Field of Science: #FieldNotes: How The Bird Got Its Beak fieldofscience.com/2015/05/fieldn… 19 hours ago
- Is there a limit to how many species can the earth hold? evol-eco.blogspot.ca/2015/05/is-the… 6 days ago
- #FieldNotes: do African horses do flehmen at the sight of Derby hats? fieldofscience.com/2015/05/fieldn… 6 days ago
- Field of Science: #FieldNotes: do African horses do flehmen at the sight of Derby hats? fieldofscience.com/2015/05/fieldn… 1 week ago
- #FieldNotes: do African horses do flehmen at the sight of Derby hats? fieldofscience.com/2015/05/fieldn… 1 week ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.