Podcast of this morning’s radio show is now up – you can listen to it here.
We covered ScienceOnline09, including its history, several individual sessions and underlying themes, the changes in science communication and journalism and more. A brief plug for PLoS at the beginning. Answered a couple of e-mailed questions, including one from Greg Laden (who almost stumped me – had to think quickly on my feet!).
Thanks to Stephanie and Mike for inviting me on.
My HomepageMy homepage is at http://coturnix.org. It is temporarily stripped to minimal information, but more will come soon.
Search This Blog:
There are no public comments available to display.
- Food goes through a rabbit twice. Think what that means!
- BIO101 - Protein Synthesis: Transcription and Translation
- BIO101 - Cell Structure
- BIO101 - Physiology: Regulation and Control
- Biological Clocks in Protista
- Teaching Biology 101 (to adults)
- ScienceOnline2011 – interview with John Hawks
- Everything You Always Wanted To Know About Sleep (But Were Too Afraid To Ask)
- Serbian Dreambook: National Imaginary in the Time of Milošević
- Best of May at A Blog Around The Clock
- Research Confirms Controversial Darwin Theory of Jump Dispersal tntoday.utk.edu/2014/10/01/res… 5 hours ago
- ‘Superweeds’ confirm ‘failure’ of GMOs…or maybe not—Narrative misleads, avoids real solutions geneticliteracyproject.org/2014/10/01/sup… 6 hours ago
- Those Who Emerged from the Earth lastwordonnothing.com/2014/09/30/tho… 6 hours ago
- What REALLY Happens When Researchers Work with the Press? medium.com/@kirkenglehard… 6 hours ago
- I am now a “famous palaeontologist” … thanks to my antlers svpow.com/2014/10/01/i-a… 6 hours ago
- GMO ‘steak chips’: Replacing slaughterhouses with genetically engineered meat geneticliteracyproject.org/2014/10/01/gmo… 6 hours ago
- Mysterious Balkan Disease’s Likeliest Risk Factor Also in Chinese Medicines newswise.com/articles/myste… 6 hours ago
- NYT public editor abstains on science story. Why? 'I'm no scientist.' ksj.mit.edu/tracker/2014/1… 6 hours ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.