Podcast of this morning’s radio show is now up – you can listen to it here.
We covered ScienceOnline09, including its history, several individual sessions and underlying themes, the changes in science communication and journalism and more. A brief plug for PLoS at the beginning. Answered a couple of e-mailed questions, including one from Greg Laden (who almost stumped me – had to think quickly on my feet!).
Thanks to Stephanie and Mike for inviting me on.
My HomepageMy homepage is at http://coturnix.org. It is temporarily stripped to minimal information, but more will come soon.
Search This Blog:
There are no public comments available to display.
- BIO101 - Physiology: Regulation and Control
- Quick & dirty: misleading sex surveys in women's mags (video)
- Food goes through a rabbit twice. Think what that means!
- BIO101 - Protein Synthesis: Transcription and Translation
- Scienceblogging: The Lay Scientist (and The Guardian) – a Q&A with Martin Robbins
- How to Fix an Authentic Serbian* Sarma (Stuffed Cabbage)
- BIO101 - Physiology: Coordinated Response
- Branding Science Blogging: Cooperatives + Corporate Networks
- Fun in New York City last week, a new blog post, and more.
- Explainer: what is seasonal affective disorder? theconversation.com/explainer-what… via @US_Conversation 2 hours ago
- Resurrecting the Body Snatchers: The Halloween Edition wp.me/p14Gvd-1gx 3 hours ago
- Genetic “hall of mirrors” with large palindromes, yet smaller: What’s mighty about the mouse bit.ly/1rHn411 via @GeneticLiteracy 3 hours ago
- Facebook's secret newsfeed experiments affected voter turnout in the 2012 election gigaom.com/2014/10/31/fac… via @gigaom 3 hours ago
- Why you should use Twitter during your PhD wp.me/pX3kK-1D6 via @thesiswhisperer 3 hours ago
- La Vie Souterraine - lastwordonnothing.com/2014/10/30/la-… 3 hours ago
- m.jbr.sagepub.com/content/early/… 1 day ago
- Study: Horses can Communicate Blanketing Preferences shar.es/10t4sE 1 day ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.