I know, I know, it’s middle of February, but I was busy and neglected my duties. So, to catch up with the monthly feature, here is the best of January at A Blog Around The Clock:
Of course, the entire month was dominated by ScienceOnline’09, so the rest of posts were mostly quick links, cartoons and YouTube videos, which is, I hope, understandable. But I did write, post facto, some of my own coverage of the conference, e.g., ScienceOnline09 – Thursday, ScienceOnline’09 – Friday Morning Coffee Cupping, ScienceOnline’09 – Friday Lab Tour: the NC Museum of Natural Sciences, ScienceOnline’09 – WiSE Lacks Shanties, ScienceOnline’09 – Saturday 9am, ScienceOnline’09 – Saturday 10:15am, ScienceOnline’09 – Saturday 11:30am, ScienceOnline’09 – Saturday 2pm, and on the organization of an Unconference, ScienceOnline’09 – Saturday 3:15pm – Blog carnivals and Thank them – they made ScienceOnline’09 possible. And then, there was a very nice article about ScienceOnline09 in BioTechniques.
We revealed the winners – the posts that will appear in The Open Laboratory 2008 and teased you with the cover.
Christina Pikas showed some research on science blogging communities in The Structure of Scientific Blogolutions!
Overlords asked, so we answered: What is science’s rightful place?
Then I had fun with a bad science journalist in Graham Lawton Was Wrong.
And, in a post that comes closest to “science blogging” as narrowly defined, I showed some X-ray images of my dog.
My HomepageMy homepage is at http://coturnix.org. It is temporarily stripped to minimal information, but more will come soon.
Search This Blog:
There are no public comments available to display.
- Food goes through a rabbit twice. Think what that means!
- Visualizing educational data
- BIO101 - Physiology: Regulation and Control
- Grand Rounds Vol. 6 No. 49 - a conference in a tropical island resort
- BIO101 - Cell Structure
- Biology and the Scientific Method
- <i>Creation</i>: A Conversation with Darwin's Descendant
- Hairless Grey Foxes in North Carolina
- How to ride a horse bareback and bridle-less (video)
- SO close | Sauropod Vertebra Picture of the Week svpow.com/2014/08/21/so-… 3 hours ago
- The Pufferfish’s Lethal Poison Shows Up Right Under Our Feet nautil.us/blog/the-puffe… 4 hours ago
- This: Why Atlantic Media is funding a social platform for sharing links, one at a time niemanlab.org/2014/08/this-w… 4 hours ago
- Ancient Yukon horse yields oldest genome ever cbc.ca/news/technolog… 4 hours ago
- How Would Immortality Affect a Vampire’s Memory? blogs.scientificamerican.com/guest-blog/201… 4 hours ago
- Can an algorithm solve comment section trolling? cjr.org/behind_the_new… 10 hours ago
- The retro-futuristic future of blogging theverge.com/2014/8/20/6049… 10 hours ago
- Death at the Races sciencenotes.ucsc.edu/2014/pages/hor… 12 hours ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.