How should students learn about evolution?
On Thursday morning’s Takeaway (at about 6:30 a.m. or 8:30 a.m.
Eastern), we’re talking with Don McLeroy, chair of the Texas State
Board of Education. He’s believes that students should have the
opportunity to question evolution (and that God created the Earth a
few thousand years ago). Texas is expected to vote this week on new
science standards that could influence textbooks and how more states
treat this controversial issue.
“Evolution and education with Texas State Board of Education chair Don McLeroy”
The Texas Board of Education is in the midst of a major fight this
week over a new science curriculum that’s designed to challenge the
principle of evolution. The Board will vote tomorrow on standards that
will govern science teaching on evolution in Texas for the next 10
Here’s a direct link to the audio.
It’s also in the podcast.
The Takeaway’s homepage
My HomepageMy homepage is at http://coturnix.org. It is temporarily stripped to minimal information, but more will come soon.
Search This Blog:
Bora Zivkovic on Morning at Triton Angie Lindsay Ma on Morning at Triton Linda chamblee on Morning at Triton Jekyll » Blog… on The Big Announcement, this tim… Mike H on The Big Announcement, this tim…
- BIO101 - Physiology: Regulation and Control
- Food goes through a rabbit twice. Think what that means!
- BIO101 - Physiology: Coordinated Response
- BIO101 - From One Cell To Two: Cell Division and DNA Replication
- BIO101 - Protein Synthesis: Transcription and Translation
- BIO101: Cell-Cell Interactions
- Scienceblogging: The Lay Scientist (and The Guardian) – a Q&A with Martin Robbins
- BIO101 – Physiology: Coordinated Response
- ScienceOnline2010 - interview with Helene Andrews-Polymenis
- Neuroscience and other theory-poor fields: Tools first, simulation later wavefunction.fieldofscience.com/2015/03/neuros… 10 hours ago
- Why Starting a “Blog” is a Terrible Idea medium.com/on-writing-2/w… Much better idea is to remove the scare quotes.... 11 hours ago
- Saving a species, one snake at a time earthtouchnews.com/all-articles/2… 11 hours ago
- Behind the Curve lastwordonnothing.com/2015/03/25/beh… 11 hours ago
- These scientists studied journalists covering science. Whoa, meta. grist.org/science/these-… 11 hours ago
- Ferns Get It On After 60 Million Years Apart blogs.scientificamerican.com/artful-amoeba/… 11 hours ago
- Everything Is Obvious (Once You Know The Answer) sammcnerney.com/2015/03/27/eve… 11 hours ago
- Looking for Life in All the Wrong Places? blogs.discovermagazine.com/outthere/2015/… 11 hours ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.