How should students learn about evolution?
On Thursday morning’s Takeaway (at about 6:30 a.m. or 8:30 a.m.
Eastern), we’re talking with Don McLeroy, chair of the Texas State
Board of Education. He’s believes that students should have the
opportunity to question evolution (and that God created the Earth a
few thousand years ago). Texas is expected to vote this week on new
science standards that could influence textbooks and how more states
treat this controversial issue.
“Evolution and education with Texas State Board of Education chair Don McLeroy“
The Texas Board of Education is in the midst of a major fight this
week over a new science curriculum that’s designed to challenge the
principle of evolution. The Board will vote tomorrow on standards that
will govern science teaching on evolution in Texas for the next 10
Here’s a direct link to the audio.
It’s also in the podcast.
The Takeaway’s homepage
My HomepageMy homepage is at http://coturnix.org. It is temporarily stripped to minimal information, but more will come soon.
Search This Blog:
There are no public comments available to display.
- Postscript to Pittendrigh's Pet Project - Phototaxis, Photoperiodism and Precise Projectile Parabolas of Pilobolus on Pasture Poop
- Lindau Nobel - interview with Ghada Al-Kadamany
- The Ecological and Economic Importance of Sharks, Threats They Face, and How You Can Help (CANCELLED)
- Food goes through a rabbit twice. Think what that means!
- A couple of Big Announcements about The Open Laboratory
- BIO101 - Physiology: Coordinated Response
- Teaching Biology 101 (to adults)
- BIO101 - Physiology: Regulation and Control
- Morning at Triton
- On a Decade of Getting Pooped On By Birds - lastwordonnothing.com/2014/10/23/on-… 2 hours ago
- Milk Grown in a Lab Is Humane and Sustainable. But Can It Catch On? on.natgeo.com/1yZ6F0n via @NatGeo 7 hours ago
- Reef sharks may already be adapted for climate change conservationmagazine.org/2014/10/reef-s… 11 hours ago
- Four secrets your goldfish is hiding from you bbc.com/earth/story/20… 12 hours ago
- Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events used highly self-conscious, experimental literary techniques theatlantic.com/entertainment/… 12 hours ago
- Flex your apps: Apple’s new HealthKit collects data from all your body monitoring apps scienceline.org/2014/10/flex-y… 13 hours ago
- American Schools Are Training Kids for a World That Doesn't Exist wired.com/2014/10/on-lea… 13 hours ago
- Discover #bestintravel winner Serbia lonelyplanet.com/best-in-travel… via @lonelyplanet #lp 14 hours ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.