How should students learn about evolution?
On Thursday morning’s Takeaway (at about 6:30 a.m. or 8:30 a.m.
Eastern), we’re talking with Don McLeroy, chair of the Texas State
Board of Education. He’s believes that students should have the
opportunity to question evolution (and that God created the Earth a
few thousand years ago). Texas is expected to vote this week on new
science standards that could influence textbooks and how more states
treat this controversial issue.
“Evolution and education with Texas State Board of Education chair Don McLeroy“
The Texas Board of Education is in the midst of a major fight this
week over a new science curriculum that’s designed to challenge the
principle of evolution. The Board will vote tomorrow on standards that
will govern science teaching on evolution in Texas for the next 10
Here’s a direct link to the audio.
It’s also in the podcast.
The Takeaway’s homepage
My HomepageMy homepage is at http://coturnix.org. It is temporarily stripped to minimal information, but more will come soon.
Search This Blog:
There are no public comments available to display.
- BIO101 - Physiology: Regulation and Control
- ScienceOnline2011 - interview with Holly Bik
- BIO101 - Cell Structure
- Morning at Triton
- Food goes through a rabbit twice. Think what that means!
- BIO101 - Biology and the Scientific Method
- BIO101 - Evolution of Biological Diversity
- Postscript to Pittendrigh's Pet Project - Phototaxis, Photoperiodism and Precise Projectile Parabolas of Pilobolus on Pasture Poop
- Grand Rounds Vol. 6 No. 49 - a conference in a tropical island resort
- Seven Reasons Poor People Rent to Own Furniture hughhollowell.org/why-poor-peopl… 29 minutes ago
- Social Media, Political News and Ideology journalism.org/2014/10/21/sec… 1 hour ago
- Video: Horse Runs Free Through NYC horsecollaborative.com/horse-runs-fre… 2 hours ago
- Which came first: the long-billed bird or the long-tubed flower? scienceline.org/2014/10/which-… 3 hours ago
- Secret space plane lands in California scienceline.org/2014/10/secret… 3 hours ago
- Women carry fetal DNA long after children’s birth geneticliteracyproject.org/2014/10/21/wom… 3 hours ago
- GMOs Expose Dangerous “Science” Disconnect in Agriculture roablog.com/blog/2014/10/1… 3 hours ago
- Fossils rewrite history of penetrative sex nature.com/news/fossils-r… 3 hours ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.