How should students learn about evolution?
On Thursday morning’s Takeaway (at about 6:30 a.m. or 8:30 a.m.
Eastern), we’re talking with Don McLeroy, chair of the Texas State
Board of Education. He’s believes that students should have the
opportunity to question evolution (and that God created the Earth a
few thousand years ago). Texas is expected to vote this week on new
science standards that could influence textbooks and how more states
treat this controversial issue.
“Evolution and education with Texas State Board of Education chair Don McLeroy“
The Texas Board of Education is in the midst of a major fight this
week over a new science curriculum that’s designed to challenge the
principle of evolution. The Board will vote tomorrow on standards that
will govern science teaching on evolution in Texas for the next 10
Here’s a direct link to the audio.
It’s also in the podcast.
The Takeaway’s homepage
My HomepageMy homepage is at http://coturnix.org. It is temporarily stripped to minimal information, but more will come soon.
Search This Blog:
There are no public comments available to display.
- Food goes through a rabbit twice. Think what that means!
- BIO101 - Physiology: Regulation and Control
- Postscript to Pittendrigh's Pet Project - Phototaxis, Photoperiodism and Precise Projectile Parabolas of Pilobolus on Pasture Poop
- Morning at Triton
- BIO101 - Current Biological Diversity
- BIO101 - Origin of Biological Diversity
- BIO101: Cell-Cell Interactions
- Magnetotactic Bacteria
- BIO101 - Cell Structure
- When quotes matter: impact of outside quotes in a science press release on news judgment jcom.sissa.it/archive/13/04/… 18 hours ago
- RT @ccziv: Via @nprnews: When Nonprofit Hospitals Sue Their Poorest Patients n.pr/1ACsGiZ 1 day ago
- The Microbes in Your Kitchen (Or in your Starbucks mocha) blogs.scientificamerican.com/food-matters/2… 1 day ago
- When to quit your journalism job pressthink.org/2014/12/when-t… 2 days ago
- Why the workday should be 10–6, not 9–5 vox.com/2014/12/17/740… 3 days ago
- Making the Internet a utility—what’s the worst that could happen? arstechnica.com/business/2014/… 3 days ago
- Questions about alternative splicing sandwalk.blogspot.com/2014/12/questi… 3 days ago
- Beyond journalism in the present tense nie.mn/1z6rojp via @NiemanLab 3 days ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.