How should students learn about evolution?
On Thursday morning’s Takeaway (at about 6:30 a.m. or 8:30 a.m.
Eastern), we’re talking with Don McLeroy, chair of the Texas State
Board of Education. He’s believes that students should have the
opportunity to question evolution (and that God created the Earth a
few thousand years ago). Texas is expected to vote this week on new
science standards that could influence textbooks and how more states
treat this controversial issue.
“Evolution and education with Texas State Board of Education chair Don McLeroy“
The Texas Board of Education is in the midst of a major fight this
week over a new science curriculum that’s designed to challenge the
principle of evolution. The Board will vote tomorrow on standards that
will govern science teaching on evolution in Texas for the next 10
Here’s a direct link to the audio.
It’s also in the podcast.
The Takeaway’s homepage
My HomepageYou can find all about my online presence at http://coturnix.org. Views presented on this blog and all other online spaces are mine and do not represent the views of Scientific American or its owners (NPG and McMillan).
Search This Blog:
Bora Zivkovic on Morning at Triton Angie Lindsay Ma on Morning at Triton Linda chamblee on Morning at Triton Please, do explain.… on About matjaz zivkovic on About
- BIO101: Cell-Cell Interactions
- Morning at Triton
- BIO101 - Physiology: Regulation and Control
- Food goes through a rabbit twice. Think what that means!
- Carnal Carnival - everything you ever wanted to know about poop you will be able to learn in ten days from today
- Scienceblogging: Scientopia – a Q&A with SciCurious and Mark Chu-Carroll
- BIO101 - Protein Synthesis: Transcription and Translation
- Bed bugs and cockroaches: The insects that bug us
- The Irish-Serbian connection
- Miscellaneous PLoS news
- Oh, Spring lastwordonnothing.com/2013/05/17/oh-… 5 hours ago
- #SciAmBlogs Friday – quantum computing, rationalilty, armed Treebeard, Giant African Land Snails, invasive ladybugs. bit.ly/13uG2Mr 7 hours ago
- @drgitlin my score very different today than last week, not worth testing a silly app. 11 hours ago
- C’mon Baby Light My (Magnetic) Fire bit.ly/108hgAZ by @JenLucPiquant at #SciAmBlogs 11 hours ago
- An invasive ladybug uses a biological weapon to kill off competitors bit.ly/13u8fTE by @curiouswavefn at #SciAmBlogs 12 hours ago
- With Drones Circling, How Should Lawmakers Respond? bit.ly/13u7FFs by @lggreenemeier at #SciAmBlogs 12 hours ago
- @hildabast I think it happens every Friday when it's my turn to do Incubator picks ;-) 12 hours ago
- #DispatchesDNLee: Giant African Land Snails bit.ly/13u786s by @DNLee5 at #SciAmBlogs 12 hours ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
Thank youThanks to Arikia Millikan for helping with setting up this site.