How should students learn about evolution?
On Thursday morning’s Takeaway (at about 6:30 a.m. or 8:30 a.m.
Eastern), we’re talking with Don McLeroy, chair of the Texas State
Board of Education. He’s believes that students should have the
opportunity to question evolution (and that God created the Earth a
few thousand years ago). Texas is expected to vote this week on new
science standards that could influence textbooks and how more states
treat this controversial issue.
“Evolution and education with Texas State Board of Education chair Don McLeroy“
The Texas Board of Education is in the midst of a major fight this
week over a new science curriculum that’s designed to challenge the
principle of evolution. The Board will vote tomorrow on standards that
will govern science teaching on evolution in Texas for the next 10
Here’s a direct link to the audio.
It’s also in the podcast.
The Takeaway’s homepage
My HomepageMy homepage is at http://coturnix.org. It is temporarily stripped to minimal information, but more will come soon.
Search This Blog:
There are no public comments available to display.
- BIO101 - From One Cell To Two: Cell Division and DNA Replication
- Food goes through a rabbit twice. Think what that means!
- BIO101 - Physiology: Regulation and Control
- BIO101 - Physiology: Coordinated Response
- The PepsiGate linkfest
- Biological Clocks in Protista
- ScienceOnline2011 – interview with John Hawks
- Open Laboratory 2010 - submissions now closed - see all the entries
- Is this something that NYTimes editors proudly allowed to get published?
- New and Exciting in PLoS ONE
- Scared about arsenic in your rice? Shouldn’t be, but if so there is a GMO fix bit.ly/1tlCTuX via @GeneticLiteracy 7 hours ago
- What's Your Horse Thinking? horseandrider.com/article/whats-… 7 hours ago
- Inside The Rationality Movement That Has Silicon Valley Buzzing With Positive Thinking fastcompany.com/3037333/most-c… 7 hours ago
- Death is All Around Us: The Plague Pits of London wp.me/p14Gvd-1hl 11 hours ago
- Tesser Well - lastwordonnothing.com/2014/11/19/tes… 11 hours ago
- @theWinnower do you have access? PDF to coturnixATgmail? 1 day ago
- Reverse Seasonal Affective Disorder: Why Do People Get SAD in Summer? animals.io9.com/reverse-season… 1 day ago
- RT @ccziv: Laughing Matter: Finding the Roots of Humor in the Brain livescience.com/48775-humor-br… 1 day ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.