How should students learn about evolution?
On Thursday morning’s Takeaway (at about 6:30 a.m. or 8:30 a.m.
Eastern), we’re talking with Don McLeroy, chair of the Texas State
Board of Education. He’s believes that students should have the
opportunity to question evolution (and that God created the Earth a
few thousand years ago). Texas is expected to vote this week on new
science standards that could influence textbooks and how more states
treat this controversial issue.
“Evolution and education with Texas State Board of Education chair Don McLeroy”
The Texas Board of Education is in the midst of a major fight this
week over a new science curriculum that’s designed to challenge the
principle of evolution. The Board will vote tomorrow on standards that
will govern science teaching on evolution in Texas for the next 10
Here’s a direct link to the audio.
It’s also in the podcast.
The Takeaway’s homepage
My HomepageMy homepage is at http://coturnix.org. It is temporarily stripped to minimal information, but more will come soon.
Search This Blog:
Bora Zivkovic on Morning at Triton Angie Lindsay Ma on Morning at Triton Linda chamblee on Morning at Triton Jekyll » Blog… on The Big Announcement, this tim… Mike H on The Big Announcement, this tim…
- BIO101 - Protein Synthesis: Transcription and Translation
- BIO101 - Cell Structure
- Food goes through a rabbit twice. Think what that means!
- BIO101 - Cell Structure
- BIO101 - Physiology: Regulation and Control
- Carnal Carnival - everything you ever wanted to know about poop you will be able to learn in ten days from today
- ScienceOnline2011 - interview with Holly Bik
- Everything You Always Wanted To Know About Sleep (But Were Too Afraid To Ask)
- BIO101 - Physiology: Coordinated Response
- Biological Clocks in Protista
- #FieldNotes: How to keep a giraffe alive, bears dead, and be fed on bread. fieldofscience.com/2015/11/fieldn… 2 weeks ago
- Tapeworms -- It's Not Just Cancer That Should Worry You forbes.com/sites/judyston… 2 weeks ago
- #FieldNotes: How to keep a giraffe alive, bears dead, and be fed on bread. fieldofscience.com/2015/11/fieldn… 3 weeks ago
- Field of Science: #FieldNotes: How to keep a giraffe alive, bears dead, and be fed on bread. fieldofscience.com/2015/11/fieldn… 3 weeks ago
- Do snakes sleep? snakesarelong.blogspot.com/2015/08/do-sna… 3 weeks ago
- This Artist Painted Physicists Into a 3D Living Chalkboard gizmodo.com/this-artist-pa… 3 weeks ago
- Some Dogs Wear a Costume Every Day blogs.scientificamerican.com/dog-spies/some… 3 weeks ago
- RT @ccziv: E. coli Outbreak Strikes Chipotle - What You Need To Know via @forbes onforb.es/1PgBZPb Another great post by @DrJudySton… 3 weeks ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.