How should students learn about evolution?
On Thursday morning’s Takeaway (at about 6:30 a.m. or 8:30 a.m.
Eastern), we’re talking with Don McLeroy, chair of the Texas State
Board of Education. He’s believes that students should have the
opportunity to question evolution (and that God created the Earth a
few thousand years ago). Texas is expected to vote this week on new
science standards that could influence textbooks and how more states
treat this controversial issue.
“Evolution and education with Texas State Board of Education chair Don McLeroy“
The Texas Board of Education is in the midst of a major fight this
week over a new science curriculum that’s designed to challenge the
principle of evolution. The Board will vote tomorrow on standards that
will govern science teaching on evolution in Texas for the next 10
Here’s a direct link to the audio.
It’s also in the podcast.
The Takeaway’s homepage
My HomepageMy homepage is at http://coturnix.org. It is temporarily stripped to minimal information, but more will come soon.
Search This Blog:
There are no public comments available to display.
- Food goes through a rabbit twice. Think what that means!
- When Should Schools Start in the morning?
- Why republish an old blog post?
- Biology and the Scientific Method
- BIO101 - Physiology: Regulation and Control
- BIO101 - Introduction to Anatomy and Physiology
- Search terms...
- Drumroll, please! Introducing: Scienceblogging.org
- BIO101: Cell-Cell Interactions
- RT @jayrosen_nyu: Let's run an experiment on Facebook, rather than the other way around. They shift to opt in. Let's see what happens. http… 7 hours ago
- In 1858, People Said the Telegraph Was 'Too Fast for the Truth' theatlantic.com/technology/arc… 10 hours ago
- The story behind the heist at the N.C. Museum of Natural Sciences indyweek.com/indyweek/the-s… 10 hours ago
- First Look Media shifts direction some pressthink.org/2014/07/first-… 13 hours ago
- The right’s dinosaur fetish: Why the Koch brothers are obsessed with paleontology salon.com/2014/07/28/the… 13 hours ago
- Using Light to Diagnose Parkinson’s bu.edu/today/2014/usi… 13 hours ago
- Social network research may boost prairie dog conservation efforts eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2… 13 hours ago
- Star Wars Episode VII: A force on Ireland's birds earthtouchnews.com/earth-matters/… 13 hours ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.