How should students learn about evolution?
On Thursday morning’s Takeaway (at about 6:30 a.m. or 8:30 a.m.
Eastern), we’re talking with Don McLeroy, chair of the Texas State
Board of Education. He’s believes that students should have the
opportunity to question evolution (and that God created the Earth a
few thousand years ago). Texas is expected to vote this week on new
science standards that could influence textbooks and how more states
treat this controversial issue.
“Evolution and education with Texas State Board of Education chair Don McLeroy“
The Texas Board of Education is in the midst of a major fight this
week over a new science curriculum that’s designed to challenge the
principle of evolution. The Board will vote tomorrow on standards that
will govern science teaching on evolution in Texas for the next 10
Here’s a direct link to the audio.
It’s also in the podcast.
The Takeaway’s homepage
My HomepageMy homepage is at http://coturnix.org. It is temporarily stripped to minimal information, but more will come soon.
Search This Blog:
There are no public comments available to display.
- Food goes through a rabbit twice. Think what that means!
- BIO101 - Cell Structure
- Carnal Carnival #1 - Essentials of Elimination
- Science Blogging Networks: What, Why and How
- Arsenic Bacteria link-dump
- BIO101 - Protein Synthesis: Transcription and Translation
- The continuum of expertise
- RSA Animate - Smile or Die (video)
- Sigma Xi pizza lunch lecture: Images of Darwin and the Nature of Science
- Web breaks echo-chambers, or, 'Echo-chamber' is just a derogatory term for 'community' - my remarks at #AAASmtg
- Why is Thomas Piketty's 700-page book a bestseller? gu.com/p/4xd4v/tw 7 hours ago
- How anti-vaccination is like a nuclear bomb: wp.me/p6nGL-29c via @drskyskull 7 hours ago
- Science journalism seminar kicks off in Montenegro scilogs.com/balkan_science… 14 hours ago
- The Golden Spoon - Consider the Fork gastropod.com/episode-1-the-… 16 hours ago
- Video Of The $210,000 Grand Prix of Central Park chronofhorse.com/article/video-… 16 hours ago
- Nat Geo Wild's Radical Approach to Science TV: Being Truthful animals.io9.com/nat-geo-wilds-… 16 hours ago
- How do paleontologists access the (non-open access) literature? blogs.plos.org/paleo/2014/09/… 16 hours ago
- ▶ Cavalry Horseback Riding Training: "Modern Centaurs" circa 1920 Educational Films Corporation youtube.com/watch?v=nOyvim… 17 hours ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.