How should students learn about evolution?
On Thursday morning’s Takeaway (at about 6:30 a.m. or 8:30 a.m.
Eastern), we’re talking with Don McLeroy, chair of the Texas State
Board of Education. He’s believes that students should have the
opportunity to question evolution (and that God created the Earth a
few thousand years ago). Texas is expected to vote this week on new
science standards that could influence textbooks and how more states
treat this controversial issue.
“Evolution and education with Texas State Board of Education chair Don McLeroy“
The Texas Board of Education is in the midst of a major fight this
week over a new science curriculum that’s designed to challenge the
principle of evolution. The Board will vote tomorrow on standards that
will govern science teaching on evolution in Texas for the next 10
Here’s a direct link to the audio.
It’s also in the podcast.
The Takeaway’s homepage
My HomepageMy homepage is at http://coturnix.org. It is temporarily stripped to minimal information, but more will come soon.
Search This Blog:
There are no public comments available to display.
- Science Blogging Networks: What, Why and How
- BIO101 - Physiology: Regulation and Control
- BIO101 - Evolution of Biological Diversity
- BIO101: Cell-Cell Interactions
- Best of September at A Blog Around The Clock
- Food goes through a rabbit twice. Think what that means!
- BIO101 - From Two Cells To Many: Cell Differentiation and Embryonic Development
- Circadian Quackery
- Best of August at A Blog Around The Clock
- BIO101 - Protein Synthesis: Transcription and Translation
- Why Every Journalism Student Should Blog scilogs.com/from_the_lab_b… 13 hours ago
- How A Viral Video Revealed A Previously Undocumented Ant Behavior animals.io9.com/how-a-viral-vi… 13 hours ago
- The Book That Got Teaching Right newyorker.com/culture/cultur… 13 hours ago
- Terazije Square - Belgradian belgradian.com/sightseeing/te… 13 hours ago
- Could a tattoo help you survive a trip into history? theguardian.com/science/the-h-… 13 hours ago
- Those to Whom the Rules Do Not Apply (In Their Opinion) dinosaurmusings.wordpress.com/2014/09/01/rul… 13 hours ago
- Facebook's algorithm isn't news scripting.com/2014/09/01/fac… 13 hours ago
- If Half of All Species Go Extinct, Will One of Them Be Us? m.nautil.us/blog/if-half-o… 17 hours ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.