How should students learn about evolution?
On Thursday morning’s Takeaway (at about 6:30 a.m. or 8:30 a.m.
Eastern), we’re talking with Don McLeroy, chair of the Texas State
Board of Education. He’s believes that students should have the
opportunity to question evolution (and that God created the Earth a
few thousand years ago). Texas is expected to vote this week on new
science standards that could influence textbooks and how more states
treat this controversial issue.
“Evolution and education with Texas State Board of Education chair Don McLeroy“
The Texas Board of Education is in the midst of a major fight this
week over a new science curriculum that’s designed to challenge the
principle of evolution. The Board will vote tomorrow on standards that
will govern science teaching on evolution in Texas for the next 10
Here’s a direct link to the audio.
It’s also in the podcast.
The Takeaway’s homepage
My HomepageMy homepage is at http://coturnix.org. It is temporarily stripped to minimal information, but more will come soon.
Search This Blog:
There are no public comments available to display.
- Food goes through a rabbit twice. Think what that means!
- BIO101 - Evolution of Biological Diversity
- Lesson of the Day: Circadian Clocks are HARD to shift!
- Lysenko Gets A D-Minus On My Genetics Test
- Domestication - it's a matter of time (always is for me, that's my 'hammer' for all nails)
- Introducing Wired Science Blog network!
- Texting for Anglers at ScienceOnline2010 (video) - Part 2
- ScienceOnline2010 - interview with Morgan Giddings
- Quick Links
- RT @dropeik: @BoraZ Also see/share "Risky business. Psychology can teach us much about why many people fear GM foods", Cosmos Mag http://t.… 1 hour ago
- How to Lose a Finger, and Other Things I Learned from Darwin's Library blogs.discovermagazine.com/inkfish/2014/0… 3 hours ago
- Revolutionary Engines: How Cars Saved the Urban Environment thebreakthrough.org/index.php/prog… 3 hours ago
- Uncovering Algorithms: Looking Inside the Facebook News Feed civic.mit.edu/blog/natematia… 3 hours ago
- A guaranteed income for every American would eliminate poverty — and it wouldn't destroy the economy vox.com/2014/7/23/5925… 3 hours ago
- Living like Bilbo Baggins: life in an eco-friendly 'hobbit house' telegraph.co.uk/property/green… 4 hours ago
- Science Communication: Making the Switch scilogs.com/guest_blog/sci… 4 hours ago
- Largest aquatic insect in the world found in China blogs.scientificamerican.com/running-ponies… 4 hours ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.