How should students learn about evolution?
On Thursday morning’s Takeaway (at about 6:30 a.m. or 8:30 a.m.
Eastern), we’re talking with Don McLeroy, chair of the Texas State
Board of Education. He’s believes that students should have the
opportunity to question evolution (and that God created the Earth a
few thousand years ago). Texas is expected to vote this week on new
science standards that could influence textbooks and how more states
treat this controversial issue.
“Evolution and education with Texas State Board of Education chair Don McLeroy”
The Texas Board of Education is in the midst of a major fight this
week over a new science curriculum that’s designed to challenge the
principle of evolution. The Board will vote tomorrow on standards that
will govern science teaching on evolution in Texas for the next 10
Here’s a direct link to the audio.
It’s also in the podcast.
The Takeaway’s homepage
My HomepageMy homepage is at http://coturnix.org. It is temporarily stripped to minimal information, but more will come soon.
Search This Blog:
There are no public comments available to display.
- BIO101 - Physiology: Regulation and Control
- Food goes through a rabbit twice. Think what that means!
- Bed bugs and cockroaches: The insects that bug us
- The PepsiGate linkfest
- Why republish an old blog post?
- Some fun stats about the participants of ScienceOnline2011
- BIO101 - Protein Synthesis: Transcription and Translation
- Sleep Schedules in Adolescents
- Biological Clocks in Protista
- BIO101 - Cell Structure
- Genetically Modified Mosquitoes May Be Released in Florida Keys - Atlantic Mobile theatlantic.com/health/archive… 2 hours ago
- 7 things I wish people understood about OCD vox.com/2015/1/28/7917… via @germanrlopez 2 hours ago
- The Forgiveness Boost - Atlantic Mobile theatlantic.com/health/archive… 2 hours ago
- A Philosopher Walks Into A Coffee Shop slatestarcodex.com/2015/01/25/a-p… 2 hours ago
- Officers Ask Google to Remove Cop-Tracking From Waze Traffic App theatlantic.com/technology/arc… 2 hours ago
- A Note To My Readers: wp.me/p33JF9-1bMh via @DishFeed 8 hours ago
- 'The Cloud' and Other Dangerous Metaphors theatlantic.com/technology/arc… 8 hours ago
- Space-lights developed at Brigham and Women's could be way of the future bizjournals.com/boston/blog/he… via @BostonBizNews 8 hours ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.