How should students learn about evolution?
On Thursday morning’s Takeaway (at about 6:30 a.m. or 8:30 a.m.
Eastern), we’re talking with Don McLeroy, chair of the Texas State
Board of Education. He’s believes that students should have the
opportunity to question evolution (and that God created the Earth a
few thousand years ago). Texas is expected to vote this week on new
science standards that could influence textbooks and how more states
treat this controversial issue.
“Evolution and education with Texas State Board of Education chair Don McLeroy”
The Texas Board of Education is in the midst of a major fight this
week over a new science curriculum that’s designed to challenge the
principle of evolution. The Board will vote tomorrow on standards that
will govern science teaching on evolution in Texas for the next 10
Here’s a direct link to the audio.
It’s also in the podcast.
The Takeaway’s homepage
My HomepageMy homepage is at http://coturnix.org. It is temporarily stripped to minimal information, but more will come soon.
Search This Blog:
Bora Zivkovic on Morning at Triton Angie Lindsay Ma on Morning at Triton Linda chamblee on Morning at Triton Jekyll » Blog… on The Big Announcement, this tim… Mike H on The Big Announcement, this tim…
- Health and Medicine Poetry Contest
- Spring Forward, Fall Back - should you watch out tomorrow morning?
- BIO101 - Cell Structure
- Food goes through a rabbit twice. Think what that means!
- Doesn't reading about this make you salivate?
- ScienceOnline2011 – interview with Jason Priem
- Grand Rounds Vol. 6 No. 49 - a conference in a tropical island resort
- Stick Science cartoons
- BIO101 - Physiology: Regulation and Control
- BIO101 - Introduction to Anatomy and Physiology
- Amazon tribe creates 500-page traditional medicine encyclopedia news.mongabay.com/2015/0624-hanc… 10 hours ago
- How Your Brain Knows When It's Summer: Circadian Clock Linked To Seasons And Length Of Day medicaldaily.com/how-your-brain… 12 hours ago
- Introducing The One Repo svpow.com/2015/06/30/int… 12 hours ago
- What's In A Name? The Reclusive Ridgway's Rail kcet.org/news/redefine/… 12 hours ago
- Tricolored Blackbirds: The Delta's Passenger Pigeon kcet.org/news/redefine/… 12 hours ago
- What Your Brain Does When You Can’t Stay Awake nymag.com/scienceofus/20… 12 hours ago
- Lessons From GM Wheat Failure theness.com/neurologicablo… 12 hours ago
- Poisonous birds eat toxins to poison predators. slate.com/blogs/wild_thi… 12 hours ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.