I posted 239 posts in March.
The best post of the month, IMHO, is Defining the Journalism vs. Blogging Debate, with a Science Reporting angle which is now slowly accumulating comments as well as links from various places online.
My second-best post was the in-depth review of Fiddler On The Roof with Topol.
The Open Laboratory 2008 is now up for sale. The guest editor for the Open Laboratory 2009 was announced with great fanfare.
Lots this month about ‘citizen scientists, e.g., Science crowdsourcing – ecology. And Twitter for Birders. I also discovered an Innovative Use of Twitter: monitoring fish catch! And Try to get strangers to talk using objects on April 5th. And a Call for articles: User-led Science, Citizen Science, Popular Science
I had a productive and pleasant trip to Boston. And the ‘Beacons of the Bloggerati’ came back yet another year. In the meantime, the video from the Columbia panel on Open Science was uploaded online. And I got quoted in a Nature article about science blogging and journalism.
Are solo authors less cited?
It was also a busy week at PLoS. We started everyONE blog. We redesigned our article pages with new functionalities (and PLoS Medicine migrated onto TOPAZ platform). You can now use LaTeX when submitting manuscripts to PLoS ONE. And I awarded the first Blog Pick Of The Month.
And I could not resist taking some more stabs at journalism and politics.
And lots of cool videos, cartoons, quotes, links and announcements….
My HomepageMy homepage is at http://coturnix.org. It is temporarily stripped to minimal information, but more will come soon.
Search This Blog:
Bora Zivkovic on Morning at Triton Angie Lindsay Ma on Morning at Triton Linda chamblee on Morning at Triton Jekyll » Blog… on The Big Announcement, this tim… Mike H on The Big Announcement, this tim…
- Food goes through a rabbit twice. Think what that means!
- BIO101 - Physiology: Coordinated Response
- Myths about myths about Thanksgiving turkey making you sleepy
- Web breaks echo-chambers, or, 'Echo-chamber' is just a derogatory term for 'community' - my remarks at #AAASmtg
- When Should Schools Start in the morning?
- Sleep Schedules in Adolescents
- BIO101 - Physiology: Regulation and Control
- BIO101 - Evolution of Biological Diversity
- Grand Rounds Vol. 6 No. 49 - a conference in a tropical island resort
- No rats in Ryder Alley
- #FieldNotes: Let the sleeping apes lie fieldofscience.com/2015/04/fieldn… 3 days ago
- Field of Science: #FieldNotes: Let the sleeping apes lie fieldofscience.com/2015/04/fieldn… 3 days ago
- Why are there so few ice age megafaunal kill sites? contemplativemammoth.wordpress.com/2015/04/21/why… 4 days ago
- Why we can’t stand free-range parenting | News & Observer newsobserver.com/opinion/op-ed/… 6 days ago
- How Washington Derailed Amtrak - nationaljournal.com/magazine/amtra… 6 days ago
- (Psychology Today) Science and the online dating profile wp.me/p50QUt-4g 6 days ago
- 12 guidelines for surviving science… pacificsoutheast.wordpress.com/2015/01/02/12-… 6 days ago
- “Charles Darwin, Vampire Slayer” ncse.com/blog/2015/04/c… 6 days ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.