I posted 239 posts in March.
The best post of the month, IMHO, is Defining the Journalism vs. Blogging Debate, with a Science Reporting angle which is now slowly accumulating comments as well as links from various places online.
My second-best post was the in-depth review of Fiddler On The Roof with Topol.
The Open Laboratory 2008 is now up for sale. The guest editor for the Open Laboratory 2009 was announced with great fanfare.
Lots this month about ‘citizen scientists, e.g., Science crowdsourcing – ecology. And Twitter for Birders. I also discovered an Innovative Use of Twitter: monitoring fish catch! And Try to get strangers to talk using objects on April 5th. And a Call for articles: User-led Science, Citizen Science, Popular Science
I had a productive and pleasant trip to Boston. And the ‘Beacons of the Bloggerati’ came back yet another year. In the meantime, the video from the Columbia panel on Open Science was uploaded online. And I got quoted in a Nature article about science blogging and journalism.
Are solo authors less cited?
It was also a busy week at PLoS. We started everyONE blog. We redesigned our article pages with new functionalities (and PLoS Medicine migrated onto TOPAZ platform). You can now use LaTeX when submitting manuscripts to PLoS ONE. And I awarded the first Blog Pick Of The Month.
And I could not resist taking some more stabs at journalism and politics.
And lots of cool videos, cartoons, quotes, links and announcements….
My HomepageMy homepage is at http://coturnix.org. It is temporarily stripped to minimal information, but more will come soon.
Search This Blog:
Bora Zivkovic on Morning at Triton Angie Lindsay Ma on Morning at Triton Linda chamblee on Morning at Triton Jekyll » Blog… on The Big Announcement, this tim… Mike H on The Big Announcement, this tim…
- BIO101 - Physiology: Regulation and Control
- BIO101 - Cell Structure
- Food goes through a rabbit twice. Think what that means!
- BIO101 - Protein Synthesis: Transcription and Translation
- Drumroll, please! Introducing: Scienceblogging.org
- BIO101 - Physiology: Coordinated Response
- Grand Rounds Vol. 6 No. 49 - a conference in a tropical island resort
- BIO101 - Evolution of Biological Diversity
- Carnal Carnival #1 - Essentials of Elimination
- Field of Science: #FieldNotes: Nobels, and a Michigan backyard mammoth fieldofscience.com/2015/10/fieldn… 10 hours ago
- The birds that fear death bbc.com/earth/story/20… 21 hours ago
- Nobel Prize In Chemistry On Repairing DNA Damage, Safeguarding The Genetic Material forbes.com/sites/davidkro… 1 day ago
- Where Have All the Bloggers Gone dinosaurmusings.wordpress.com/2015/10/06/whe… 2 days ago
- Slacking in the workplace: Medicine for the modern employee? jessicabodford.com/2015/10/03/sla… 3 days ago
- Congats to Jack scripting.com/2015/10/05/con… 3 days ago
- Freedom to Facebook? | Committing Sociology committingsociology.com/2015/06/10/how… 3 days ago
- The Cool Factor: Air Conditioning's History in Images americanscientist.org/blog/pub/the-c… 4 days ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.