Ask yourself this: Whom would you prefer at the controls of your plane on a stormy night, a pilot who smoked a joint three days ago, or one who had six hours of sleep prior to a 13-hour workday in which he’s performed half a dozen takeoffs and landings? The first pilot has indulged in a career-ending toke; the second is in full compliance with the rules. I have to assume that the FAA realizes the foolery of such enforcement policies, but it nonetheless chooses to put its resources into drug testing and other politically expedient issues. Meanwhile it procrastinates, performing study after study and poring over data from NASA circadian rhythm experiments in an attempt to answer one of the world’s most perplexing questions: Is exhaustion a detriment to job performance?
My HomepageMy homepage is at http://coturnix.org. It is temporarily stripped to minimal information, but more will come soon.
Search This Blog:
There are no public comments available to display.
- BIO101 - Physiology: Regulation and Control
- BIO101 - Physiology: Coordinated Response
- BIO101 - Cell Structure
- Some fun stats about the participants of ScienceOnline2011
- BIO101 - Protein Synthesis: Transcription and Translation
- Stick Science cartoons
- Animals with cool names
- Looking for good educational biology movies
- Books: 'Bonk: The Curious Coupling of Science and Sex' by Mary Roach
- Creating the sound of showjumping: 'Microphones on anything that moves' edition.cnn.com/2014/10/10/spo… 7 hours ago
- She's America's youngest female billionaire - and a dropout money.cnn.com/2014/10/16/tec… 8 hours ago
- 14 Sheer Genius Quarter Mark Clips horsecollaborative.com/14-sheer-geniu… 8 hours ago
- Guidelines be Damned dinosaurmusings.wordpress.com/2014/10/19/gui… 8 hours ago
- How neuroscience explains the urge to self-harm aeon.co/magazine/healt… 8 hours ago
- Marcus Aurelius on What His Father Taught Him About Humility, Honor, Kindness, and Integrity brainpickings.org/2014/10/07/mar… 8 hours ago
- You'll Need A Flexible Key To Open The Weirdest Lock On Earth io9.com/to-open-this-i… 8 hours ago
- The History Manifesto: How to Eradicate Epidemic of Short-Termism & Harness Our Past in Creating Flourishing Future brainpickings.org/2014/10/16/the… 8 hours ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.