Ask yourself this: Whom would you prefer at the controls of your plane on a stormy night, a pilot who smoked a joint three days ago, or one who had six hours of sleep prior to a 13-hour workday in which he’s performed half a dozen takeoffs and landings? The first pilot has indulged in a career-ending toke; the second is in full compliance with the rules. I have to assume that the FAA realizes the foolery of such enforcement policies, but it nonetheless chooses to put its resources into drug testing and other politically expedient issues. Meanwhile it procrastinates, performing study after study and poring over data from NASA circadian rhythm experiments in an attempt to answer one of the world’s most perplexing questions: Is exhaustion a detriment to job performance?
My HomepageMy homepage is at http://coturnix.org. It is temporarily stripped to minimal information, but more will come soon.
Search This Blog:
Bora Zivkovic on Morning at Triton Angie Lindsay Ma on Morning at Triton Linda chamblee on Morning at Triton Jekyll » Blog… on The Big Announcement, this tim… Mike H on The Big Announcement, this tim…
- Food goes through a rabbit twice. Think what that means!
- BIO101 - Physiology: Coordinated Response
- Biology and the Scientific Method
- Waking Experience Affects Sleep Need in Drosophila
- BIO101 - Physiology: Regulation and Control
- BIO101 - From Two Cells To Many: Cell Differentiation and Embryonic Development
- BIO101 - Evolution of Biological Diversity
- Carolus Linnaeus's Floral Clocks
- BIO101 - Cell Structure
- BIO101 - Introduction to Anatomy and Physiology
- Gluten-free GM wheat can help celiac patients - biofortified.org/2015/08/gluten… 2 days ago
- Why Marijuana Growers Struggle With Pesticide Safety - theatlantic.com/health/archive… 2 days ago
- #FieldNotes: Amplituhedron and the dissection of cats fieldofscience.com/2015/08/fieldn… 4 days ago
- Field of Science: #FieldNotes: Amplituhedron and the dissection of cats fieldofscience.com/2015/08/fieldn… 5 days ago
- Field of Science: FieldNotes: Amplituhedron and the dissection of cats fieldofscience.com/2015/08/fieldn… 5 days ago
- Should Environmental Reporting Get the Peer-Review Treatment? - psmag.com/books-and-cult… 6 days ago
- #FieldNotes: Amplituhedron and the dissection of cats fieldofscience.com/2015/08/fieldn… 6 days ago
- Field of Science: #FieldNotes: Amplituhedron and the dissection of cats fieldofscience.com/2015/08/fieldn… 6 days ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.