Ask yourself this: Whom would you prefer at the controls of your plane on a stormy night, a pilot who smoked a joint three days ago, or one who had six hours of sleep prior to a 13-hour workday in which he’s performed half a dozen takeoffs and landings? The first pilot has indulged in a career-ending toke; the second is in full compliance with the rules. I have to assume that the FAA realizes the foolery of such enforcement policies, but it nonetheless chooses to put its resources into drug testing and other politically expedient issues. Meanwhile it procrastinates, performing study after study and poring over data from NASA circadian rhythm experiments in an attempt to answer one of the world’s most perplexing questions: Is exhaustion a detriment to job performance?
My HomepageMy homepage is at http://coturnix.org. It is temporarily stripped to minimal information, but more will come soon.
Search This Blog:
There are no public comments available to display.
- BIO101 - Protein Synthesis: Transcription and Translation
- Everything You Always Wanted To Know About Sleep (But Were Too Afraid To Ask)
- BIO101 - Physiology: Coordinated Response
- Food goes through a rabbit twice. Think what that means!
- The Mighty Ant-Lion
- BIO101 - Introduction to Anatomy and Physiology
- Scienceblogging: The Lay Scientist (and The Guardian) – a Q&A with Martin Robbins
- Nicholas Christakis: The hidden influence of social networks (TED talk video)
- BIO101 - Origin of Biological Diversity
- Can Brain Science Be Dangerous? nyti.ms/1C5vIl2 8 hours ago
- Cosmopomorphism - lastwordonnothing.com/2014/11/24/890… 10 hours ago
- Depicting the tree of life in museums: guiding principles from psychological research evolution-outreach.com/content/7/1/25 #evolution:educationandoutreach 10 hours ago
- Surviving the Grind of Fact-Checking theopennotebook.com/2014/11/25/sur… 10 hours ago
- Students analyze different types of plagiarism wp.me/poqp6-3K1 10 hours ago
- Four Weird Ways Animals Sense the World on.natgeo.com/1F93t0U via @NatGeo 10 hours ago
- Hard Comparison: Legacy Media vs. Digital Native goo.gl/opAh4z 23 hours ago
- It's not just about print vs. digital media - it's about culture gigaom.com/2014/11/24/its… via @gigaom 23 hours ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.