Ask yourself this: Whom would you prefer at the controls of your plane on a stormy night, a pilot who smoked a joint three days ago, or one who had six hours of sleep prior to a 13-hour workday in which he’s performed half a dozen takeoffs and landings? The first pilot has indulged in a career-ending toke; the second is in full compliance with the rules. I have to assume that the FAA realizes the foolery of such enforcement policies, but it nonetheless chooses to put its resources into drug testing and other politically expedient issues. Meanwhile it procrastinates, performing study after study and poring over data from NASA circadian rhythm experiments in an attempt to answer one of the world’s most perplexing questions: Is exhaustion a detriment to job performance?
My HomepageMy homepage is at http://coturnix.org. It is temporarily stripped to minimal information, but more will come soon.
Search This Blog:
There are no public comments available to display.
- Food goes through a rabbit twice. Think what that means!
- BIO101 - Physiology: Coordinated Response
- BIO101 - Physiology: Regulation and Control
- ScienceOnline2011 – interview with Alice Bell
- ScienceOnline2010 - interview with Morgan Giddings
- Web breaks echo-chambers, or, 'Echo-chamber' is just a derogatory term for 'community' - my remarks at #AAASmtg
- Carnal Carnival - everything you ever wanted to know about poop you will be able to learn in ten days from today
- Grand Rounds Vol. 6 No. 49 - a conference in a tropical island resort
- BIO101 - From One Cell To Two: Cell Division and DNA Replication
- When to quit your journalism job pressthink.org/2014/12/when-t… 18 hours ago
- Why the workday should be 10–6, not 9–5 vox.com/2014/12/17/740… 1 day ago
- Making the Internet a utility—what’s the worst that could happen? arstechnica.com/business/2014/… 1 day ago
- Questions about alternative splicing sandwalk.blogspot.com/2014/12/questi… 1 day ago
- Beyond journalism in the present tense nie.mn/1z6rojp via @NiemanLab 1 day ago
- News organizations get serious about research nie.mn/1C2Zinj via @NiemanLab 1 day ago
- The Weight of the World: A Look At Global Obesity Prevalence and Dietary Trends blogs.scientificamerican.com/food-matters/2… 1 day ago
- Forelimb biomechanics with Dr. Hilary Clayton horsecollaborative.com/its-all-about-… 1 day ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.