Ask yourself this: Whom would you prefer at the controls of your plane on a stormy night, a pilot who smoked a joint three days ago, or one who had six hours of sleep prior to a 13-hour workday in which he’s performed half a dozen takeoffs and landings? The first pilot has indulged in a career-ending toke; the second is in full compliance with the rules. I have to assume that the FAA realizes the foolery of such enforcement policies, but it nonetheless chooses to put its resources into drug testing and other politically expedient issues. Meanwhile it procrastinates, performing study after study and poring over data from NASA circadian rhythm experiments in an attempt to answer one of the world’s most perplexing questions: Is exhaustion a detriment to job performance?
My HomepageMy homepage is at http://coturnix.org. It is temporarily stripped to minimal information, but more will come soon.
Search This Blog:
There are no public comments available to display.
- Some fun stats about the participants of ScienceOnline2011
- How was it for you? Interview with Graham Steel
- Food goes through a rabbit twice. Think what that means!
- <i>Creation</i>: A Conversation with Darwin's Descendant
- BIO101 - Protein Synthesis: Transcription and Translation
- Postscript to Pittendrigh's Pet Project - Phototaxis, Photoperiodism and Precise Projectile Parabolas of Pilobolus on Pasture Poop
- BIO101 - Physiology: Regulation and Control
- BIO101 - Cell Structure
- The PepsiGate linkfest
- Lindau Nobel - interview with Ghada Al-Kadamany
- Food Fraud: It’s What’s for Dinner? blogs.scientificamerican.com/guest-blog/201… 11 hours ago
- Unschooling: The Case for Setting Your Kids Into the Wild outsideonline.com/outdoor-advent… 11 hours ago
- RT @jayrosen_nyu: You know that thing where you know a lot about a subject, then read a news article about it and you discover how... http:… 12 hours ago
- Turtles ‘Talk’ to Each Other, Parents Call Out to Offspring newsweek.com/turtles-talk-e… 12 hours ago
- The media's growing interest in how animals think cjr.org/the_observator… 14 hours ago
- Out of the ashes of printed newspapers comes will come the rebirth of journalism digiphile.wordpress.com/2014/08/19/out… 14 hours ago
- Can Insects Feed A Hungry Planet? ensia.com/infographics/c… 15 hours ago
- The Riding Instructor horsecollaborative.com/riding-instruc… 15 hours ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.