Ask yourself this: Whom would you prefer at the controls of your plane on a stormy night, a pilot who smoked a joint three days ago, or one who had six hours of sleep prior to a 13-hour workday in which he’s performed half a dozen takeoffs and landings? The first pilot has indulged in a career-ending toke; the second is in full compliance with the rules. I have to assume that the FAA realizes the foolery of such enforcement policies, but it nonetheless chooses to put its resources into drug testing and other politically expedient issues. Meanwhile it procrastinates, performing study after study and poring over data from NASA circadian rhythm experiments in an attempt to answer one of the world’s most perplexing questions: Is exhaustion a detriment to job performance?
My HomepageMy homepage is at http://coturnix.org. It is temporarily stripped to minimal information, but more will come soon.
Search This Blog:
There are no public comments available to display.
- Lindau Nobel - interview with Ghada Al-Kadamany
- Postscript to Pittendrigh's Pet Project - Phototaxis, Photoperiodism and Precise Projectile Parabolas of Pilobolus on Pasture Poop
- BIO101 - Physiology: Coordinated Response
- Food goes through a rabbit twice. Think what that means!
- BIO101 - Introduction to Anatomy and Physiology
- A couple of Big Announcements about The Open Laboratory
- The Ecological and Economic Importance of Sharks, Threats They Face, and How You Can Help (CANCELLED)
- ScienceOnline2011 - interview with Holly Bik
- Schooling-like Behavior of Medaka Fish Induced by Optomotor Response (video)
- Why you should use Twitter during your PhD wp.me/pX3kK-1D6 via @thesiswhisperer 2 hours ago
- Eye of the <del>/Tiger</del> Green Anole anoleannals.org/2014/10/24/eye… 2 hours ago
- On a Decade of Getting Pooped On By Birds - lastwordonnothing.com/2014/10/23/on-… 8 hours ago
- Milk Grown in a Lab Is Humane and Sustainable. But Can It Catch On? on.natgeo.com/1yZ6F0n via @NatGeo 13 hours ago
- Reef sharks may already be adapted for climate change conservationmagazine.org/2014/10/reef-s… 17 hours ago
- Four secrets your goldfish is hiding from you bbc.com/earth/story/20… 19 hours ago
- Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events used highly self-conscious, experimental literary techniques theatlantic.com/entertainment/… 19 hours ago
- Flex your apps: Apple’s new HealthKit collects data from all your body monitoring apps scienceline.org/2014/10/flex-y… 19 hours ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.