Ask yourself this: Whom would you prefer at the controls of your plane on a stormy night, a pilot who smoked a joint three days ago, or one who had six hours of sleep prior to a 13-hour workday in which he’s performed half a dozen takeoffs and landings? The first pilot has indulged in a career-ending toke; the second is in full compliance with the rules. I have to assume that the FAA realizes the foolery of such enforcement policies, but it nonetheless chooses to put its resources into drug testing and other politically expedient issues. Meanwhile it procrastinates, performing study after study and poring over data from NASA circadian rhythm experiments in an attempt to answer one of the world’s most perplexing questions: Is exhaustion a detriment to job performance?
My HomepageMy homepage is at http://coturnix.org. It is temporarily stripped to minimal information, but more will come soon.
Search This Blog:
Bora Zivkovic on Morning at Triton Angie Lindsay Ma on Morning at Triton Linda chamblee on Morning at Triton Jekyll » Blog… on The Big Announcement, this tim… Mike H on The Big Announcement, this tim…
- BIO101 - Physiology: Regulation and Control
- BIO101 - Physiology: Coordinated Response
- BIO101 - Current Biological Diversity
- Stick Science cartoons
- BIO101 - Biology and the Scientific Method
- Why republish an old blog post?
- Food goes through a rabbit twice. Think what that means!
- Vanessa Woods interview at ScienceOnline2010 (video)
- BIO101 - Origin of Biological Diversity
- How (not) to review papers on inclusive fitness molecularecologist.com/2015/03/how-no… 16 hours ago
- Some perspective on “predatory” open access journals scienceblogs.com/confessions/20… via @Scienceblogs 16 hours ago
- Small science, big picture wp.me/p1Wchp-2iz via @OnCirculation 16 hours ago
- There is crying in science. That’s okay. wp.me/p2wMuW-3j9 via @DynamicEcology 16 hours ago
- Neuroscience and other theory-poor fields: Tools first, simulation later wavefunction.fieldofscience.com/2015/03/neuros… 1 day ago
- Why Starting a “Blog” is a Terrible Idea medium.com/on-writing-2/w… Much better idea is to remove the scare quotes.... 1 day ago
- Saving a species, one snake at a time earthtouchnews.com/all-articles/2… 1 day ago
- Behind the Curve lastwordonnothing.com/2015/03/25/beh… 1 day ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.