Ask yourself this: Whom would you prefer at the controls of your plane on a stormy night, a pilot who smoked a joint three days ago, or one who had six hours of sleep prior to a 13-hour workday in which he’s performed half a dozen takeoffs and landings? The first pilot has indulged in a career-ending toke; the second is in full compliance with the rules. I have to assume that the FAA realizes the foolery of such enforcement policies, but it nonetheless chooses to put its resources into drug testing and other politically expedient issues. Meanwhile it procrastinates, performing study after study and poring over data from NASA circadian rhythm experiments in an attempt to answer one of the world’s most perplexing questions: Is exhaustion a detriment to job performance?
My HomepageMy homepage is at http://coturnix.org. It is temporarily stripped to minimal information, but more will come soon.
Search This Blog:
There are no public comments available to display.
- BIO101 - Protein Synthesis: Transcription and Translation
- Food goes through a rabbit twice. Think what that means!
- BIO101 - Physiology: Coordinated Response
- BIO101 - Physiology: Regulation and Control
- Biological Clocks in Protista
- The PepsiGate linkfest
- BIO101 - Cell Structure
- ‘Charles Darwin would have been a blogger.’
- BIO101 - Current Biological Diversity
- Quick Twitter Tip for Attributing Art blogs.scientificamerican.com/symbiartic/201… 7 hours ago
- RT @fieldofscience: Fieldnotes: a view to spotted horses in the morning: Fieldnotes is a weekly collection of… goo.gl/fb/8O9Ejh 1 day ago
- Fieldnotes: a view to spotted horses in the morning fieldofscience.com/2015/02/fieldn… 2 days ago
- Spots, Stripes and Spreading Hooves in the Horses of the Ice Age blogs.scientificamerican.com/tetrapod-zoolo… 3 days ago
- “A Less Long, More Connected Medium” by @ev medium.com/the-story/a-le… 4 days ago
- RT @ccziv: Where New Yorkers met for coffee in the 1790s wp.me/pec9m-57N via @wordpressdotcom 5 days ago
- RT @MelanieAnnS: Our science game is trying fund raising a second time! Immune Defense! We need your help! indiegogo.com/projects/immun… 6 days ago
- RT @vihartvihart: When I was a kid I saw academics' gloating "corrections" of her and thought academics must just be really stupid... http:… 1 week ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.