Ask yourself this: Whom would you prefer at the controls of your plane on a stormy night, a pilot who smoked a joint three days ago, or one who had six hours of sleep prior to a 13-hour workday in which he’s performed half a dozen takeoffs and landings? The first pilot has indulged in a career-ending toke; the second is in full compliance with the rules. I have to assume that the FAA realizes the foolery of such enforcement policies, but it nonetheless chooses to put its resources into drug testing and other politically expedient issues. Meanwhile it procrastinates, performing study after study and poring over data from NASA circadian rhythm experiments in an attempt to answer one of the world’s most perplexing questions: Is exhaustion a detriment to job performance?
My HomepageMy homepage is at http://coturnix.org. It is temporarily stripped to minimal information, but more will come soon.
Search This Blog:
Bora Zivkovic on Morning at Triton Angie Lindsay Ma on Morning at Triton Linda chamblee on Morning at Triton Jekyll » Blog… on The Big Announcement, this tim… Mike H on The Big Announcement, this tim…
- Food goes through a rabbit twice. Think what that means!
- BIO101 - Physiology: Regulation and Control
- BIO101 - Protein Synthesis: Transcription and Translation
- Postscript to Pittendrigh's Pet Project - Phototaxis, Photoperiodism and Precise Projectile Parabolas of Pilobolus on Pasture Poop
- BIO101 - Evolution of Biological Diversity
- Waking Experience Affects Sleep Need in Drosophila
- BIO101 - From Genes To Species: A Primer on Evolution
- BIO101 - What Creatures Do: Animal Behavior
- BIO101 - Origin of Biological Diversity
- BIO101 - From Genes To Traits: How Genotype Affects Phenotype
- The Mammoths of Niederweningen mammothtales.blogspot.com/2015/07/the-ma… 1 day ago
- Earth's sixth mass extinction is under way - but are we bothered? - theecologist.org/blogs_and_comm… 1 day ago
- The Science of Stress and How Our Emotions Affect Our Susceptibility to Burnout and Disease | brainpickings.org/2015/07/20/est… 1 day ago
- Eric Schwitzgebel on "Moral hypocrisy: why doesn't knowing about ethics make people more ethical?" rationallyspeakingpodcast.org/show/rs139-eri… 1 day ago
- Dopamine and Horses: Learning, Stereotypies, and More thehorse.com/articles/36130… 3 days ago
- Does Shark Week portrayal of sharks matter? | southernfriedscience.com/?p=18302 3 days ago
- Who's the Herd Leader? It Depends, Researchers Say thehorse.com/articles/36096… 3 days ago
- Easy DNA Editing Will Remake the World. Buckle Up. | wired.com/2015/07/crispr… 3 days ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.