Ask yourself this: Whom would you prefer at the controls of your plane on a stormy night, a pilot who smoked a joint three days ago, or one who had six hours of sleep prior to a 13-hour workday in which he’s performed half a dozen takeoffs and landings? The first pilot has indulged in a career-ending toke; the second is in full compliance with the rules. I have to assume that the FAA realizes the foolery of such enforcement policies, but it nonetheless chooses to put its resources into drug testing and other politically expedient issues. Meanwhile it procrastinates, performing study after study and poring over data from NASA circadian rhythm experiments in an attempt to answer one of the world’s most perplexing questions: Is exhaustion a detriment to job performance?
My HomepageMy homepage is at http://coturnix.org. It is temporarily stripped to minimal information, but more will come soon.
Search This Blog:
Bora Zivkovic on Morning at Triton Angie Lindsay Ma on Morning at Triton Linda chamblee on Morning at Triton Jekyll » Blog… on The Big Announcement, this tim… Mike H on The Big Announcement, this tim…
- Food goes through a rabbit twice. Think what that means!
- Scienceblogging: The Lay Scientist (and The Guardian) – a Q&A with Martin Robbins
- ScienceOnline'09 - introducing the participants 2
- BIO101 - Physiology: Coordinated Response
- Clocks in Bacteria III: Evolution of Clocks in Cyanobacteria
- Search terms...
- Biology and the Scientific Method
- Everything You Always Wanted To Know About Sleep (But Were Too Afraid To Ask)
- BIO101 - Physiology: Regulation and Control
- #FieldNotes: How to keep a giraffe alive, bears dead, and be fed on bread. fieldofscience.com/2015/11/fieldn… 2 weeks ago
- Tapeworms -- It's Not Just Cancer That Should Worry You forbes.com/sites/judyston… 2 weeks ago
- #FieldNotes: How to keep a giraffe alive, bears dead, and be fed on bread. fieldofscience.com/2015/11/fieldn… 3 weeks ago
- Field of Science: #FieldNotes: How to keep a giraffe alive, bears dead, and be fed on bread. fieldofscience.com/2015/11/fieldn… 3 weeks ago
- Do snakes sleep? snakesarelong.blogspot.com/2015/08/do-sna… 3 weeks ago
- This Artist Painted Physicists Into a 3D Living Chalkboard gizmodo.com/this-artist-pa… 3 weeks ago
- Some Dogs Wear a Costume Every Day blogs.scientificamerican.com/dog-spies/some… 3 weeks ago
- RT @ccziv: E. coli Outbreak Strikes Chipotle - What You Need To Know via @forbes onforb.es/1PgBZPb Another great post by @DrJudySton… 3 weeks ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.