Ask yourself this: Whom would you prefer at the controls of your plane on a stormy night, a pilot who smoked a joint three days ago, or one who had six hours of sleep prior to a 13-hour workday in which he’s performed half a dozen takeoffs and landings? The first pilot has indulged in a career-ending toke; the second is in full compliance with the rules. I have to assume that the FAA realizes the foolery of such enforcement policies, but it nonetheless chooses to put its resources into drug testing and other politically expedient issues. Meanwhile it procrastinates, performing study after study and poring over data from NASA circadian rhythm experiments in an attempt to answer one of the world’s most perplexing questions: Is exhaustion a detriment to job performance?
My HomepageMy homepage is at http://coturnix.org. It is temporarily stripped to minimal information, but more will come soon.
Search This Blog:
There are no public comments available to display.
- Quick & dirty: misleading sex surveys in women's mags (video)
- Food goes through a rabbit twice. Think what that means!
- BIO101 - Physiology: Regulation and Control
- BIO101 - Protein Synthesis: Transcription and Translation
- Scienceblogging: The Lay Scientist (and The Guardian) – a Q&A with Martin Robbins
- Welcome the Popular Science blog network
- Fun in New York City last week, a new blog post, and more.
- BIO101 - Physiology: Coordinated Response
- How to Fix an Authentic Serbian* Sarma (Stuffed Cabbage)
- m.jbr.sagepub.com/content/early/… 13 hours ago
- Study: Horses can Communicate Blanketing Preferences shar.es/10t4sE 13 hours ago
- Here's what Democrats and Republicans are afraid of motherjones.com/kevin-drum/201… via @motherjones 13 hours ago
- Bearded dragon's colour matches body clock › News in Science (ABC Science): abc.net.au/science/articl… 13 hours ago
- Peripheral clocks don't need the brain's master clock to function correctly eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2… 13 hours ago
- Why do I blog about what I blog about?: wp.me/p1qsRn-qp 13 hours ago
- Agricultural science is back in fashion for college students: Here’s why geneticliteracyproject.org/2014/10/30/agr… 20 hours ago
- What’s so “natural” about “natural crop breeding”? bit.ly/1rDwkTN via @GeneticLiteracy 20 hours ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.