Ask yourself this: Whom would you prefer at the controls of your plane on a stormy night, a pilot who smoked a joint three days ago, or one who had six hours of sleep prior to a 13-hour workday in which he’s performed half a dozen takeoffs and landings? The first pilot has indulged in a career-ending toke; the second is in full compliance with the rules. I have to assume that the FAA realizes the foolery of such enforcement policies, but it nonetheless chooses to put its resources into drug testing and other politically expedient issues. Meanwhile it procrastinates, performing study after study and poring over data from NASA circadian rhythm experiments in an attempt to answer one of the world’s most perplexing questions: Is exhaustion a detriment to job performance?
My HomepageMy homepage is at http://coturnix.org. It is temporarily stripped to minimal information, but more will come soon.
Search This Blog:
There are no public comments available to display.
- Food goes through a rabbit twice. Think what that means!
- Biology and the Scientific Method
- Carolus Linnaeus's Floral Clocks
- BIO101 - Physiology: Regulation and Control
- BIO101 - Protein Synthesis: Transcription and Translation
- Teaching physiology - Cardiac Arrhythmias: the best video ever!
- Arsenic Bacteria link-dump
- BIO101 - Introduction to Anatomy and Physiology
- Everything You Always Wanted To Know About Sleep (But Were Too Afraid To Ask)
- @jgshk333777 interesting.... 4 hours ago
- Timing dinosaurmusings.wordpress.com/2014/09/20/tim… 6 hours ago
- Randy Schekman: Journals like 'Nature', 'Science' or 'Cell' prey on people's vanity metode.cat/en/Issues/Inte… 6 hours ago
- @aliciaparr Thank you! 6 hours ago
- On “Kardashians” in science and the general relationship between achievement and fame pensees.pascallisch.net/?p=1819 12 hours ago
- How to Make Social Media Worth Your Time: When Is Enough Enough? writerunboxed.com/2014/08/25/soc… 12 hours ago
- @Gurdur @ccziv thank you so much, Tim! 22 hours ago
- Where Do You Go To Learn About The Practice of Science Communication? scilogs.com/communication_… 1 day ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.