Ask yourself this: Whom would you prefer at the controls of your plane on a stormy night, a pilot who smoked a joint three days ago, or one who had six hours of sleep prior to a 13-hour workday in which he’s performed half a dozen takeoffs and landings? The first pilot has indulged in a career-ending toke; the second is in full compliance with the rules. I have to assume that the FAA realizes the foolery of such enforcement policies, but it nonetheless chooses to put its resources into drug testing and other politically expedient issues. Meanwhile it procrastinates, performing study after study and poring over data from NASA circadian rhythm experiments in an attempt to answer one of the world’s most perplexing questions: Is exhaustion a detriment to job performance?
My HomepageMy homepage is at http://coturnix.org. It is temporarily stripped to minimal information, but more will come soon.
Search This Blog:
There are no public comments available to display.
- Science Blogging Networks: What, Why and How
- BIO101 - Evolution of Biological Diversity
- BIO101 - Physiology: Regulation and Control
- BIO101: Cell-Cell Interactions
- Best of September at A Blog Around The Clock
- Food goes through a rabbit twice. Think what that means!
- BIO101 - From Two Cells To Many: Cell Differentiation and Embryonic Development
- Circadian Quackery
- Alert! Some Big And Important And Exciting News!
- ScienceOnline2010 - interview with William Saleu
- When the media hypes epigenetics, mothers take the blame geneticliteracyproject.org/2014/09/02/whe… 7 minutes ago
- What’s the future of GMO ‘Frankenfuels’? geneticliteracyproject.org/2014/09/02/wha… 7 minutes ago
- Incredible video of North Carolina's Wild Horses horsecollaborative.com/incredible-vid… 1 hour ago
- There's A Teenager On Top Of The Show Jumping World, But The U.S. Riders Are In The Hunt chronofhorse.com/article/teenag… 4 hours ago
- Allen takes early Jumping lead for the Emerald Isle - Articles - Alltech FEI World Equestrian Games 2014 in Normandy normandy2014.com/news/923/allen… 4 hours ago
- Illustrations of the 1896-1897 Influenza Epidemic in Paris contagions.wordpress.com/2014/09/02/ill… 4 hours ago
- Conducting and condensing Q&A interviews | theopennotebook.com/2014/09/02/qan… 4 hours ago
- Come on, AAAS. You can do better than this. svpow.com/2014/09/02/com… 4 hours ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.