Ask yourself this: Whom would you prefer at the controls of your plane on a stormy night, a pilot who smoked a joint three days ago, or one who had six hours of sleep prior to a 13-hour workday in which he’s performed half a dozen takeoffs and landings? The first pilot has indulged in a career-ending toke; the second is in full compliance with the rules. I have to assume that the FAA realizes the foolery of such enforcement policies, but it nonetheless chooses to put its resources into drug testing and other politically expedient issues. Meanwhile it procrastinates, performing study after study and poring over data from NASA circadian rhythm experiments in an attempt to answer one of the world’s most perplexing questions: Is exhaustion a detriment to job performance?
My HomepageMy homepage is at http://coturnix.org. It is temporarily stripped to minimal information, but more will come soon.
Search This Blog:
There are no public comments available to display.
- Food goes through a rabbit twice. Think what that means!
- BIO101 - Evolution of Biological Diversity
- Lesson of the Day: Circadian Clocks are HARD to shift!
- Lysenko Gets A D-Minus On My Genetics Test
- Domestication - it's a matter of time (always is for me, that's my 'hammer' for all nails)
- Introducing Wired Science Blog network!
- Quick Links
- Cartoons, comic strips and original art for the Open Laboratory 2009
- ScienceOnline2010 - interview with Morgan Giddings
- Secrets of New York's real estate agents: 'All apartments are basically four walls' theguardian.com/world/2014/jul… 20 hours ago
- For your daily bread, give thanks to the latest genetic research geneticliteracyproject.org/2014/07/22/for… 20 hours ago
- Organic farmer perspective: Don’t ban neonics but put aside simplistic views of harmlessness of pesticides geneticliteracyproject.org/2014/07/22/org… 20 hours ago
- Why a Bunch of Science Writers Are Writing About a Fictional Planet scilogs.com/communication_… 21 hours ago
- RT @ferrisjabr: This astounding fruit salad tree grows 40 diff kinds of fruit io9.com/this-tree-is-g… This is how it's possible http://t.co/… 21 hours ago
- RT @jayrosen_nyu: @Chanders For me, Mircea Eliade amazon.com/Sacred-Profane… and Benedict Anderson versobooks.com/books/60-imagi… are best on social co… 21 hours ago
- Long John Silver’s invites you to the seafood revolution scienceline.org/2014/07/long-j… 22 hours ago
- A long-time science reporter wrote a questionable book on genetics. Can we trust his other work? cjr.org/the_observator… 22 hours ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.