Science and Entertainment: Beyond Blogging
Saturday, January 16 at 2 – 3:05pm
D. Science and Entertainment: Beyond Blogging – Tamara Krinsky and Jennifer Ouellette
Description: Over the past several years, the Internet has tangibly changed the way that movies and TV shows are produced and marketed. Blogs will call out ridiculous scientific errors found in stories and the critique can go viral very quickly; therefore, science advising is on the rise in an attempt to add some semblance of plausibility to your favorite flicks. As tools on the web continue to evolve, filmmakers and television creators are finding new ways to connect with and market to their viewers. For some shows, this has meant tapping into the science featured in their content, ranging from an exploration of the roots of the science that has been fictionalized to the expansion of a scientific topic explored in a documentary. In this session, we’ll look at how online video and social networking tools are playing a part in connecting science, Hollywood and its fans.
My HomepageMy homepage is at http://coturnix.org. It is temporarily stripped to minimal information, but more will come soon.
Search This Blog:
Bora Zivkovic on Morning at Triton Angie Lindsay Ma on Morning at Triton Linda chamblee on Morning at Triton Jekyll » Blog… on The Big Announcement, this tim… Mike H on The Big Announcement, this tim…
- BIO101 - Physiology: Regulation and Control
- Food goes through a rabbit twice. Think what that means!
- Postscript to Pittendrigh's Pet Project - Phototaxis, Photoperiodism and Precise Projectile Parabolas of Pilobolus on Pasture Poop
- BIO101 - Physiology: Coordinated Response
- BIO101 - Protein Synthesis: Transcription and Translation
- Biological Clocks in Protista
- Give the spherical cow an orgasm!
- BIO101 - Cell Structure
- Doesn't reading about this make you salivate?
- Can we understand citizen science? jcom.sissa.it/archive/15/01/… 2 weeks ago
- Challenges and successes in engaging citizen scientists to observe snow cover jcom.sissa.it/archive/15/01/… 2 weeks ago
- Cell Spotting: educational and motivational outcomes of cell biology citizen science project in the classroom jcom.sissa.it/archive/15/01/… 2 weeks ago
- School of Ants goes to college: integrating citizen science into general classroom increases engagement with science jcom.sissa.it/archive/15/01/… 2 weeks ago
- Motivation and learning impact of Dutch flu-trackers jcom.sissa.it/archive/15/01/… 2 weeks ago
- The Swedish mass experiments — a way of encouraging scientific citizenship? jcom.sissa.it/archive/15/01/… 2 weeks ago
- "We're not going to be guinea pigs;" Citizen Science and Environmental Health in a Native American Community jcom.sissa.it/archive/15/01/… 2 weeks ago
- The "Problem of Extension" revisited: new modes of digital participation in science jcom.sissa.it/archive/15/01/… 2 weeks ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.