Science and Entertainment: Beyond Blogging
Saturday, January 16 at 2 – 3:05pm
D. Science and Entertainment: Beyond Blogging – Tamara Krinsky and Jennifer Ouellette
Description: Over the past several years, the Internet has tangibly changed the way that movies and TV shows are produced and marketed. Blogs will call out ridiculous scientific errors found in stories and the critique can go viral very quickly; therefore, science advising is on the rise in an attempt to add some semblance of plausibility to your favorite flicks. As tools on the web continue to evolve, filmmakers and television creators are finding new ways to connect with and market to their viewers. For some shows, this has meant tapping into the science featured in their content, ranging from an exploration of the roots of the science that has been fictionalized to the expansion of a scientific topic explored in a documentary. In this session, we’ll look at how online video and social networking tools are playing a part in connecting science, Hollywood and its fans.
My HomepageMy homepage is at http://coturnix.org. It is temporarily stripped to minimal information, but more will come soon.
Search This Blog:
There are no public comments available to display.
- Is education what journalists do?
- BIO101 - Cell Structure
- Food goes through a rabbit twice. Think what that means!
- BIO101 - Protein Synthesis: Transcription and Translation
- BIO101 - Physiology: Regulation and Control
- Biological Clocks in Protista
- ScienceOnline2011 – interview with John Hawks
- Grand Rounds Vol. 6 No. 49 - a conference in a tropical island resort
- BIO101 - Physiology: Coordinated Response
- “It’s Not Just Tang” by @astVintageSpace medium.com/re-form/its-no… 57 minutes ago
- Editors who don't use Twitter undercut their pleas to innovate wp.me/poqp6-3GC 58 minutes ago
- I’ve Never Been On a Top Twitter Science List scilogs.com/from_the_lab_b… 13 hours ago
- Research Confirms Controversial Darwin Theory of Jump Dispersal tntoday.utk.edu/2014/10/01/res… 22 hours ago
- ‘Superweeds’ confirm ‘failure’ of GMOs…or maybe not—Narrative misleads, avoids real solutions geneticliteracyproject.org/2014/10/01/sup… 22 hours ago
- Those Who Emerged from the Earth lastwordonnothing.com/2014/09/30/tho… 22 hours ago
- What REALLY Happens When Researchers Work with the Press? medium.com/@kirkenglehard… 22 hours ago
- I am now a “famous palaeontologist” … thanks to my antlers svpow.com/2014/10/01/i-a… 22 hours ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.