Science and Entertainment: Beyond Blogging
Saturday, January 16 at 2 – 3:05pm
D. Science and Entertainment: Beyond Blogging – Tamara Krinsky and Jennifer Ouellette
Description: Over the past several years, the Internet has tangibly changed the way that movies and TV shows are produced and marketed. Blogs will call out ridiculous scientific errors found in stories and the critique can go viral very quickly; therefore, science advising is on the rise in an attempt to add some semblance of plausibility to your favorite flicks. As tools on the web continue to evolve, filmmakers and television creators are finding new ways to connect with and market to their viewers. For some shows, this has meant tapping into the science featured in their content, ranging from an exploration of the roots of the science that has been fictionalized to the expansion of a scientific topic explored in a documentary. In this session, we’ll look at how online video and social networking tools are playing a part in connecting science, Hollywood and its fans.
My HomepageMy homepage is at http://coturnix.org. It is temporarily stripped to minimal information, but more will come soon.
Search This Blog:
Bora Zivkovic on Morning at Triton Angie Lindsay Ma on Morning at Triton Linda chamblee on Morning at Triton Jekyll » Blog… on The Big Announcement, this tim… Mike H on The Big Announcement, this tim…
- Everything You Always Wanted To Know About Sleep (But Were Too Afraid To Ask)
- Food goes through a rabbit twice. Think what that means!
- Shaq and the Mini-Shaq, the extreme primates.
- BIO101 - Physiology: Coordinated Response
- BIO101 - Protein Synthesis: Transcription and Translation
- The PepsiGate linkfest
- BIO101 - Physiology: Regulation and Control
- Lindau Nobel - interview with Ghada Al-Kadamany
- Cicadas, Brood XIX, northern Chatham Co, NC [Videos]
- Morning at Triton
- RT @ccziv: Pair of bald eagles make historic New York City nest nyp.st/1IQtAjl via @nypost 2 hours ago
- Good Old Fashioned Shoe Leather Reporting pressthink.org/2015/04/good-o… 19 hours ago
- #FieldNotes: Rogue Microwave Ovens Call Home fieldofscience.com/2015/04/fieldn… 1 day ago
- Field of Science: #FieldNotes: Rogue Microwave Ovens Call Home fieldofscience.com/2015/04/fieldn… 2 days ago
- Why the Myers-Briggs test is totally meaningless vox.com/2014/7/15/5881… 2 days ago
- Fevers doctorramey.com/fevers/ 2 days ago
- Orcas Are Shouting Over Boat Noise – And It Might Be Making Them Hungry kuow.org/post/orcas-are… 2 days ago
- What the Deer Are Telling Us nautil.us/issue/23/domin… 2 days ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.