Science and Entertainment: Beyond Blogging
Saturday, January 16 at 2 – 3:05pm
D. Science and Entertainment: Beyond Blogging – Tamara Krinsky and Jennifer Ouellette
Description: Over the past several years, the Internet has tangibly changed the way that movies and TV shows are produced and marketed. Blogs will call out ridiculous scientific errors found in stories and the critique can go viral very quickly; therefore, science advising is on the rise in an attempt to add some semblance of plausibility to your favorite flicks. As tools on the web continue to evolve, filmmakers and television creators are finding new ways to connect with and market to their viewers. For some shows, this has meant tapping into the science featured in their content, ranging from an exploration of the roots of the science that has been fictionalized to the expansion of a scientific topic explored in a documentary. In this session, we’ll look at how online video and social networking tools are playing a part in connecting science, Hollywood and its fans.
My HomepageMy homepage is at http://coturnix.org. It is temporarily stripped to minimal information, but more will come soon.
Search This Blog:
Bora Zivkovic on Morning at Triton Angie Lindsay Ma on Morning at Triton Linda chamblee on Morning at Triton Jekyll » Blog… on The Big Announcement, this tim… Mike H on The Big Announcement, this tim…
- Sharks have rhythm, too
- Food goes through a rabbit twice. Think what that means!
- BIO101 - Physiology: Coordinated Response
- Health and Medicine Poetry Contest
- BIO101 - Protein Synthesis: Transcription and Translation
- PLoS Blogs - the science blogging network!
- BIO101 - Cell Structure
- Klingons Killed in an Ambush in Iraq
- Help the Batwa Pygmies of SW Uganda dt.gofund.me/redemptionsong 17 hours ago
- Sharks have rhythm, too blog.coturnix.org/2013/08/07/sha… 22 hours ago
- Louis Agassiz and a brief history of early United States marine biology southernfriedscience.com/?p=6214 1 day ago
- Insects may be able to feel fear, anger and empathy, after all qz.com/441672/insects… 1 day ago
- Pluto at Last - ngm.nationalgeographic.com/2015/07/pluto/… 1 day ago
- The 1872 Equine Influenza Epidemic That Sickened Most U.S. Horses mentalfloss.com/article/65528/… 1 day ago
- Amazon tribe creates 500-page traditional medicine encyclopedia news.mongabay.com/2015/0624-hanc… 2 days ago
- How Your Brain Knows When It's Summer: Circadian Clock Linked To Seasons And Length Of Day medicaldaily.com/how-your-brain… 3 days ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.