Science and Entertainment: Beyond Blogging
Saturday, January 16 at 2 – 3:05pm
D. Science and Entertainment: Beyond Blogging – Tamara Krinsky and Jennifer Ouellette
Description: Over the past several years, the Internet has tangibly changed the way that movies and TV shows are produced and marketed. Blogs will call out ridiculous scientific errors found in stories and the critique can go viral very quickly; therefore, science advising is on the rise in an attempt to add some semblance of plausibility to your favorite flicks. As tools on the web continue to evolve, filmmakers and television creators are finding new ways to connect with and market to their viewers. For some shows, this has meant tapping into the science featured in their content, ranging from an exploration of the roots of the science that has been fictionalized to the expansion of a scientific topic explored in a documentary. In this session, we’ll look at how online video and social networking tools are playing a part in connecting science, Hollywood and its fans.
My HomepageMy homepage is at http://coturnix.org. It is temporarily stripped to minimal information, but more will come soon.
Search This Blog:
There are no public comments available to display.
- Food goes through a rabbit twice. Think what that means!
- BIO101 - Physiology: Coordinated Response
- Lindau Nobel - interview with Ghada Al-Kadamany
- Best of September
- BIO101 - Evolution of Biological Diversity
- BIO101 - Current Biological Diversity
- The Irish-Serbian connection
- The Ecological and Economic Importance of Sharks, Threats They Face, and How You Can Help (CANCELLED)
- BIO101 - Origin of Biological Diversity
- Genome as a Multipurpose Structure Built by Evolution muse.jhu.edu/journals/persp… (from @ProjectMUSE) 2 hours ago
- RT @jayrosen_nyu: I just published something new at my site, called: Why do they give us tenure? pressthink.org/2014/10/why-do… Warning: long and d… 3 hours ago
- Are mornings for morality? Night owls might disagree ars.to/1tgqD4H 10 hours ago
- Something is wrong on the Internet! What does the Science Blogger do? scilogs.com/from_the_lab_b… 14 hours ago
- How the Right-Wing Media Smeared a Science Project motherboard.vice.com/read/how-the-r… 15 hours ago
- $8.5 million expansion gives NC Zoo’s polar bears more room to roam newsobserver.com/2014/10/23/425… 15 hours ago
- Rapid Evolution in Anolis carolinensis Following the Invasion of Anolis sagrei anoleannals.org/2014/10/25/rap… 15 hours ago
- Nature criticizes science hyperbole and bad science writing sandwalk.blogspot.ca/2014/10/nature… 15 hours ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.