Science and Entertainment: Beyond Blogging
Saturday, January 16 at 2 – 3:05pm
D. Science and Entertainment: Beyond Blogging – Tamara Krinsky and Jennifer Ouellette
Description: Over the past several years, the Internet has tangibly changed the way that movies and TV shows are produced and marketed. Blogs will call out ridiculous scientific errors found in stories and the critique can go viral very quickly; therefore, science advising is on the rise in an attempt to add some semblance of plausibility to your favorite flicks. As tools on the web continue to evolve, filmmakers and television creators are finding new ways to connect with and market to their viewers. For some shows, this has meant tapping into the science featured in their content, ranging from an exploration of the roots of the science that has been fictionalized to the expansion of a scientific topic explored in a documentary. In this session, we’ll look at how online video and social networking tools are playing a part in connecting science, Hollywood and its fans.
My HomepageMy homepage is at http://coturnix.org. It is temporarily stripped to minimal information, but more will come soon.
Search This Blog:
There are no public comments available to display.
- Food goes through a rabbit twice. Think what that means!
- Lesson of the Day: Circadian Clocks are HARD to shift!
- Evolutionary Medicine: Does reindeer have a circadian stop-watch instead of a clock?
- A Huge New Circadian Pacemaker Found In The Mammalian Brain
- ScienceOnline2011 - interview with Holly Bik
- The PepsiGate linkfest
- ScienceOnline interviews
- Quick Links
- Clock Tutorial #9: Circadian Organization In Japanese Quail
- True or False: Orson Welles and The War of the Worlds unleashed panic! ksj.mit.edu/tracker/2014/0… 12 hours ago
- Sandwalk: The Function Wars: Part III sandwalk.blogspot.com/2014/07/the-fu… 12 hours ago
- Science fiction for science communication scilogs.com/guest_blog/sci… 14 hours ago
- There Is Grandeur in This View of Reptilian Genitalia anoleannals.org/2014/07/31/the… 14 hours ago
- A History of This^, #This, and This medium.com/matter/how-a-s… 14 hours ago
- When Do We Stop Printing? scholarlykitchen.sspnet.org/2014/07/31/ask… 14 hours ago
- Are you ready for horse ownership? poloponyrescue.com/?p=565 14 hours ago
- Ed Yong vs. a PIO, the sequel embargowatch.wordpress.com/2014/07/31/ed-… 14 hours ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.