Science and Entertainment: Beyond Blogging
Saturday, January 16 at 2 – 3:05pm
D. Science and Entertainment: Beyond Blogging – Tamara Krinsky and Jennifer Ouellette
Description: Over the past several years, the Internet has tangibly changed the way that movies and TV shows are produced and marketed. Blogs will call out ridiculous scientific errors found in stories and the critique can go viral very quickly; therefore, science advising is on the rise in an attempt to add some semblance of plausibility to your favorite flicks. As tools on the web continue to evolve, filmmakers and television creators are finding new ways to connect with and market to their viewers. For some shows, this has meant tapping into the science featured in their content, ranging from an exploration of the roots of the science that has been fictionalized to the expansion of a scientific topic explored in a documentary. In this session, we’ll look at how online video and social networking tools are playing a part in connecting science, Hollywood and its fans.
My HomepageMy homepage is at http://coturnix.org. It is temporarily stripped to minimal information, but more will come soon.
Search This Blog:
There are no public comments available to display.
- Grand Rounds Vol. 6 No. 49 - a conference in a tropical island resort
- Food goes through a rabbit twice. Think what that means!
- Visualizing educational data
- Some fun stats about the participants of ScienceOnline2011
- ScienceOnline2010 - interview with Morgan Giddings
- BIO101 - Physiology: Regulation and Control
- Serbian Dreambook: National Imaginary in the Time of Milošević
- BIO101 - Cell Structure
- BIO101 - Physiology: Coordinated Response
- Is blogging with someone a conflict of interest? dynamicecology.wordpress.com/2014/08/21/is-… 1 hour ago
- SO close | Sauropod Vertebra Picture of the Week svpow.com/2014/08/21/so-… 11 hours ago
- The Pufferfish’s Lethal Poison Shows Up Right Under Our Feet nautil.us/blog/the-puffe… 12 hours ago
- This: Why Atlantic Media is funding a social platform for sharing links, one at a time niemanlab.org/2014/08/this-w… 12 hours ago
- Ancient Yukon horse yields oldest genome ever cbc.ca/news/technolog… 12 hours ago
- How Would Immortality Affect a Vampire’s Memory? blogs.scientificamerican.com/guest-blog/201… 12 hours ago
- Can an algorithm solve comment section trolling? cjr.org/behind_the_new… 18 hours ago
- The retro-futuristic future of blogging theverge.com/2014/8/20/6049… 18 hours ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.