Are you up to date on the hot debate in biology regarding how genes influence evolution? Some scientists contend genes are in the driver’s seat. Others assign more pull to regulatory factors controlling genetic expression. At noon, Wednesday, May 27, come hear Duke biologist Greg Wray explore the importance of it all in a talk entitled “Hardware or Software: Searching for the Genetic Basis for Biological Diversity.”
You may not want to miss this one. After Wray’s talk, Pizza Talk embarks on its traditional three-month summer vacation. The next nine-month series debuts in September.
Sigma Xi Pizza Lunch is free and open to science journalists and science communicators of all stripes. Feel free to forward this message to anyone who might be interested in attending. RSVPs are required (for a reliable slice count) to cclabby AT amsci DOT org.
Directions to Sigma XI:http://www.sigmaxi.org/about/center/directions.shtml
My HomepageMy homepage is at http://coturnix.org. It is temporarily stripped to minimal information, but more will come soon.
Search This Blog:
There are no public comments available to display.
- BIO101 - Introduction to Anatomy and Physiology
- Food goes through a rabbit twice. Think what that means!
- Grand Rounds Vol. 6 No. 49 - a conference in a tropical island resort
- BIO101 - Protein Synthesis: Transcription and Translation
- BIO101 - Physiology: Regulation and Control
- Teaching Biology 101 (to adults)
- Sleep Schedules in Adolescents
- BIO101 - Evolution of Biological Diversity
- The Irish-Serbian connection
- Spinosaurus fishiness, part n svpow.com/2014/09/15/spi… 11 hours ago
- n+1: Learning that print and digital can peacefully coexist niemanlab.org/2014/09/n1-lea… 11 hours ago
- Little magazines gone digital: How the late-adapting literary press has made its way in the web age niemanlab.org/2014/09/little… 11 hours ago
- 9 Cultural Icons Who Have Written for 'The New York Times' mashable.com/2014/09/05/new… 11 hours ago
- How epigenetics, our gut microbiome and the environment interact to change our lives geneticliteracyproject.org/2014/09/15/how… 18 hours ago
- Tribute to a saint who did miracle with wheat wap.business-standard.com/article/econom… 18 hours ago
- National Academy of Sciences convenes panel to re-evaluate GMOs geneticliteracyproject.org/2014/09/15/nat… 18 hours ago
- Organic farmer viewpoint: Has the “Food Movement” become a religious cult? geneticliteracyproject.org/2014/09/14/org… 18 hours ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.