Are you up to date on the hot debate in biology regarding how genes influence evolution? Some scientists contend genes are in the driver’s seat. Others assign more pull to regulatory factors controlling genetic expression. At noon, Wednesday, May 27, come hear Duke biologist Greg Wray explore the importance of it all in a talk entitled “Hardware or Software: Searching for the Genetic Basis for Biological Diversity.”
You may not want to miss this one. After Wray’s talk, Pizza Talk embarks on its traditional three-month summer vacation. The next nine-month series debuts in September.
Sigma Xi Pizza Lunch is free and open to science journalists and science communicators of all stripes. Feel free to forward this message to anyone who might be interested in attending. RSVPs are required (for a reliable slice count) to cclabby AT amsci DOT org.
Directions to Sigma XI:http://www.sigmaxi.org/about/center/directions.shtml
My HomepageMy homepage is at http://coturnix.org. It is temporarily stripped to minimal information, but more will come soon.
Search This Blog:
Bora Zivkovic on Morning at Triton Angie Lindsay Ma on Morning at Triton Linda chamblee on Morning at Triton Jekyll » Blog… on The Big Announcement, this tim… Mike H on The Big Announcement, this tim…
- Food goes through a rabbit twice. Think what that means!
- BIO101 - Protein Synthesis: Transcription and Translation
- Carnal Carnival - everything you ever wanted to know about poop you will be able to learn in ten days from today
- Doesn't reading about this make you salivate?
- Stick Science cartoons
- BIO101 - Evolution of Biological Diversity
- BIO101 - Physiology: Coordinated Response
- The Most Awesome Wedding
- Bed bugs and cockroaches: The insects that bug us
- Ecology, conservation, and restoration of oyster reefs in North Carolina
- Beyond Pluto: Let’s Go See Some More New Worlds phenomena.nationalgeographic.com/2015/07/31/bey… 13 hours ago
- Physics demonstrations: Lichtenberg figures skullsinthestars.com/2015/07/31/phy… 13 hours ago
- #FieldNotes: In a grip of the legs of a snake fieldofscience.com/2015/07/fieldn… 14 hours ago
- @dylanmatt see also: blogs.scientificamerican.com/guest-blog/wan… 14 hours ago
- Field of Science: FieldNotes: In a grip of the legs of a snake fieldofscience.com/2015/07/fieldn… 1 day ago
- Field of Science: #FieldNotes: In a grip of the legs of a snake fieldofscience.com/2015/07/fieldn… 2 days ago
- It’s Not Climate Change — It’s Everything Change — medium.com/matter/it-s-no… 2 days ago
- The Honey Hunters blog.longreads.com/2014/09/28/the… 2 days ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.