Are you up to date on the hot debate in biology regarding how genes influence evolution? Some scientists contend genes are in the driver’s seat. Others assign more pull to regulatory factors controlling genetic expression. At noon, Wednesday, May 27, come hear Duke biologist Greg Wray explore the importance of it all in a talk entitled “Hardware or Software: Searching for the Genetic Basis for Biological Diversity.”
You may not want to miss this one. After Wray’s talk, Pizza Talk embarks on its traditional three-month summer vacation. The next nine-month series debuts in September.
Sigma Xi Pizza Lunch is free and open to science journalists and science communicators of all stripes. Feel free to forward this message to anyone who might be interested in attending. RSVPs are required (for a reliable slice count) to cclabby AT amsci DOT org.
Directions to Sigma XI:http://www.sigmaxi.org/about/center/directions.shtml
My HomepageMy homepage is at http://coturnix.org. It is temporarily stripped to minimal information, but more will come soon.
Search This Blog:
Bora Zivkovic on Morning at Triton Angie Lindsay Ma on Morning at Triton Linda chamblee on Morning at Triton Jekyll » Blog… on The Big Announcement, this tim… Mike H on The Big Announcement, this tim…
- BIO101 - From Genes To Species: A Primer on Evolution
- BIO101 - From Genes To Traits: How Genotype Affects Phenotype
- BIO101 - What Creatures Do: Animal Behavior
- BIO101 - Protein Synthesis: Transcription and Translation
- BIO101 - Cell Structure
- BIO101 - From Two Cells To Many: Cell Differentiation and Embryonic Development
- BIO101: Cell-Cell Interactions
- BIO101 - From One Cell To Two: Cell Division and DNA Replication
- Food goes through a rabbit twice. Think what that means!
- Carnal Carnival #1 - Essentials of Elimination
- RT @ccziv: Cops Crack Down On Vendor Accused Of Charging $30 For Hot Dogs Near 9/11 Memorial gothamist.com/2015/05/21/wtc… 4 hours ago
- #FieldNotes: How The Bird Got Its Beak fieldofscience.com/2015/05/fieldn… 13 hours ago
- #FieldNotes: How The Bird Got Its Beak fieldofscience.com/2015/05/fieldn… 16 hours ago
- Field of Science: #FieldNotes: How The Bird Got Its Beak fieldofscience.com/2015/05/fieldn… 19 hours ago
- Is there a limit to how many species can the earth hold? evol-eco.blogspot.ca/2015/05/is-the… 6 days ago
- #FieldNotes: do African horses do flehmen at the sight of Derby hats? fieldofscience.com/2015/05/fieldn… 6 days ago
- Field of Science: #FieldNotes: do African horses do flehmen at the sight of Derby hats? fieldofscience.com/2015/05/fieldn… 1 week ago
- #FieldNotes: do African horses do flehmen at the sight of Derby hats? fieldofscience.com/2015/05/fieldn… 1 week ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.