Are you up to date on the hot debate in biology regarding how genes influence evolution? Some scientists contend genes are in the driver’s seat. Others assign more pull to regulatory factors controlling genetic expression. At noon, Wednesday, May 27, come hear Duke biologist Greg Wray explore the importance of it all in a talk entitled “Hardware or Software: Searching for the Genetic Basis for Biological Diversity.”
You may not want to miss this one. After Wray’s talk, Pizza Talk embarks on its traditional three-month summer vacation. The next nine-month series debuts in September.
Sigma Xi Pizza Lunch is free and open to science journalists and science communicators of all stripes. Feel free to forward this message to anyone who might be interested in attending. RSVPs are required (for a reliable slice count) to cclabby AT amsci DOT org.
Directions to Sigma XI:http://www.sigmaxi.org/about/center/directions.shtml
My HomepageMy homepage is at http://coturnix.org. It is temporarily stripped to minimal information, but more will come soon.
Search This Blog:
Bora Zivkovic on Morning at Triton Angie Lindsay Ma on Morning at Triton Linda chamblee on Morning at Triton Jekyll » Blog… on The Big Announcement, this tim… Mike H on The Big Announcement, this tim…
- Health and Medicine Poetry Contest
- Spring Forward, Fall Back - should you watch out tomorrow morning?
- BIO101 - Cell Structure
- Food goes through a rabbit twice. Think what that means!
- Doesn't reading about this make you salivate?
- ScienceOnline2011 – interview with Jason Priem
- Grand Rounds Vol. 6 No. 49 - a conference in a tropical island resort
- Stick Science cartoons
- BIO101 - Physiology: Regulation and Control
- BIO101 - Introduction to Anatomy and Physiology
- Amazon tribe creates 500-page traditional medicine encyclopedia news.mongabay.com/2015/0624-hanc… 10 hours ago
- How Your Brain Knows When It's Summer: Circadian Clock Linked To Seasons And Length Of Day medicaldaily.com/how-your-brain… 12 hours ago
- Introducing The One Repo svpow.com/2015/06/30/int… 12 hours ago
- What's In A Name? The Reclusive Ridgway's Rail kcet.org/news/redefine/… 12 hours ago
- Tricolored Blackbirds: The Delta's Passenger Pigeon kcet.org/news/redefine/… 12 hours ago
- What Your Brain Does When You Can’t Stay Awake nymag.com/scienceofus/20… 12 hours ago
- Lessons From GM Wheat Failure theness.com/neurologicablo… 12 hours ago
- Poisonous birds eat toxins to poison predators. slate.com/blogs/wild_thi… 12 hours ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.