Are you up to date on the hot debate in biology regarding how genes influence evolution? Some scientists contend genes are in the driver’s seat. Others assign more pull to regulatory factors controlling genetic expression. At noon, Wednesday, May 27, come hear Duke biologist Greg Wray explore the importance of it all in a talk entitled “Hardware or Software: Searching for the Genetic Basis for Biological Diversity.”
You may not want to miss this one. After Wray’s talk, Pizza Talk embarks on its traditional three-month summer vacation. The next nine-month series debuts in September.
Sigma Xi Pizza Lunch is free and open to science journalists and science communicators of all stripes. Feel free to forward this message to anyone who might be interested in attending. RSVPs are required (for a reliable slice count) to cclabby AT amsci DOT org.
Directions to Sigma XI:http://www.sigmaxi.org/about/center/directions.shtml
My HomepageMy homepage is at http://coturnix.org. It is temporarily stripped to minimal information, but more will come soon.
Search This Blog:
There are no public comments available to display.
- Food goes through a rabbit twice. Think what that means!
- BIO101 - Physiology: Coordinated Response
- BIO101 - From Two Cells To Many: Cell Differentiation and Embryonic Development
- BIO101 - From One Cell To Two: Cell Division and DNA Replication
- ScienceOnline2010 - interview with Morgan Giddings
- Carnal Carnival - everything you ever wanted to know about poop you will be able to learn in ten days from today
- BIO101 - Physiology: Regulation and Control
- Web breaks echo-chambers, or, 'Echo-chamber' is just a derogatory term for 'community' - my remarks at #AAASmtg
- Grand Rounds Vol. 6 No. 49 - a conference in a tropical island resort
- Wellness and Writing Connections Conference
- When to quit your journalism job pressthink.org/2014/12/when-t… 8 hours ago
- Why the workday should be 10–6, not 9–5 vox.com/2014/12/17/740… 1 day ago
- Making the Internet a utility—what’s the worst that could happen? arstechnica.com/business/2014/… 1 day ago
- Questions about alternative splicing sandwalk.blogspot.com/2014/12/questi… 1 day ago
- Beyond journalism in the present tense nie.mn/1z6rojp via @NiemanLab 1 day ago
- News organizations get serious about research nie.mn/1C2Zinj via @NiemanLab 1 day ago
- The Weight of the World: A Look At Global Obesity Prevalence and Dietary Trends blogs.scientificamerican.com/food-matters/2… 1 day ago
- Forelimb biomechanics with Dr. Hilary Clayton horsecollaborative.com/its-all-about-… 1 day ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.