Are you up to date on the hot debate in biology regarding how genes influence evolution? Some scientists contend genes are in the driver’s seat. Others assign more pull to regulatory factors controlling genetic expression. At noon, Wednesday, May 27, come hear Duke biologist Greg Wray explore the importance of it all in a talk entitled “Hardware or Software: Searching for the Genetic Basis for Biological Diversity.”
You may not want to miss this one. After Wray’s talk, Pizza Talk embarks on its traditional three-month summer vacation. The next nine-month series debuts in September.
Sigma Xi Pizza Lunch is free and open to science journalists and science communicators of all stripes. Feel free to forward this message to anyone who might be interested in attending. RSVPs are required (for a reliable slice count) to cclabby AT amsci DOT org.
Directions to Sigma XI:http://www.sigmaxi.org/about/center/directions.shtml
My HomepageMy homepage is at http://coturnix.org. It is temporarily stripped to minimal information, but more will come soon.
Search This Blog:
Bora Zivkovic on Morning at Triton Angie Lindsay Ma on Morning at Triton Linda chamblee on Morning at Triton Jekyll » Blog… on The Big Announcement, this tim… Mike H on The Big Announcement, this tim…
- Food goes through a rabbit twice. Think what that means!
- BIO101 - Biology and the Scientific Method
- BIO101 - Physiology: Regulation and Control
- BIO101 - Current Biological Diversity
- The Irish-Serbian connection
- THE AMBIEN COOKBOOK
- Meet Fred Gould (sans mosquitoes) over pizza
- BIO101 - Protein Synthesis: Transcription and Translation
- Everything You Always Wanted To Know About Sleep (But Were Too Afraid To Ask)
- Field of Science: #FieldNotes: Amplituhedron and the dissection of cats fieldofscience.com/2015/08/fieldn… 9 hours ago
- Field of Science: FieldNotes: Amplituhedron and the dissection of cats fieldofscience.com/2015/08/fieldn… 21 hours ago
- Should Environmental Reporting Get the Peer-Review Treatment? - psmag.com/books-and-cult… 1 day ago
- #FieldNotes: Amplituhedron and the dissection of cats fieldofscience.com/2015/08/fieldn… 1 day ago
- Field of Science: #FieldNotes: Amplituhedron and the dissection of cats fieldofscience.com/2015/08/fieldn… 1 day ago
- RT @ccziv: #Immodium fail: but people w/chronic issues, take generic. BOYCOTT #Immodium until tabs are safe to swallow!! 2/2 3 days ago
- RT @ccziv: NEVER take brand name #Immodium. The tabs are huge, and I just aspirated 1/2 of 1/always break in 2. Bad anyway b/c toxins need … 3 days ago
- maybe FieldNotes: Earthly Octopus Genome, and Elephant Tracking fieldofscience.com/2015/08/fieldn… 1 week ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.