Are you up to date on the hot debate in biology regarding how genes influence evolution? Some scientists contend genes are in the driver’s seat. Others assign more pull to regulatory factors controlling genetic expression. At noon, Wednesday, May 27, come hear Duke biologist Greg Wray explore the importance of it all in a talk entitled “Hardware or Software: Searching for the Genetic Basis for Biological Diversity.”
You may not want to miss this one. After Wray’s talk, Pizza Talk embarks on its traditional three-month summer vacation. The next nine-month series debuts in September.
Sigma Xi Pizza Lunch is free and open to science journalists and science communicators of all stripes. Feel free to forward this message to anyone who might be interested in attending. RSVPs are required (for a reliable slice count) to cclabby AT amsci DOT org.
Directions to Sigma XI:http://www.sigmaxi.org/about/center/directions.shtml
My HomepageMy homepage is at http://coturnix.org. It is temporarily stripped to minimal information, but more will come soon.
Search This Blog:
There are no public comments available to display.
- Food goes through a rabbit twice. Think what that means!
- BIO101 - Physiology: Regulation and Control
- Some fun stats about the participants of ScienceOnline2011
- Save the Mountain Walrus
- BIO101 - Protein Synthesis: Transcription and Translation
- BIO101 - Biology and the Scientific Method
- Biological Clocks in Protista
- BIO101 - From Two Cells To Many: Cell Differentiation and Embryonic Development
- BIO101 - What Creatures Do: Animal Behavior
- Classroom Blog
- The way we get off airplanes makes absolutely no sense vox.com/2014/7/8/58778… via @josephstromberg 2 hours ago
- A Journal to Advance Citizen Science: an Interview with Caren Cooper - scilogs.com/communication_… 2 hours ago
- Why Americans Are the Weirdest People in the World psmag.com/books-and-cult… 17 hours ago
- Trotting Over Poles Can Have Exercise, Therapeutic Benefits thehorse.com/articles/34104… 2 days ago
- What You Eat Matters. Does When You Eat Matter, Too? health.usnews.com/health-news/bl… 3 days ago
- Andrew's five favorite "new" ocean blogs: southernfriedscience.com/?p=17988 via @SFriedScience 3 days ago
- I'd be optimistic about a news organization (finally) trying a 'full-stack' business approach wp.me/poqp6-3Rn via @wordpressdotcom 3 days ago
- What lesson should universities learn from the decline of newspapers? | In Due Course induecourse.ca/what-lesson-sh… 3 days ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.