One difference between reading Open Laboratory anthologies and reading the original posts included in them is that the printed versions are slightly edited and polished. Another difference is that the Prefaces and Introductions can be found only in the books. They have never been placed online.
But now that four books are out and we are halfway through collecting entries for the fifth one, when only the 2009 book is still selling, I think it is perfectly OK to place Prefaces and Introductions that I wrote myself online. I wrote Prefaces for the 2006, 2007 and 2008 book, as well as the Introduction for the 2006 one. The introductions for the subsequent editions were written by the year’s guest editor, i.e., Reed Cartwright in 2007, Jennifer Rohn in 2008, and SciCurious in 2009.
So, under the fold are my three Prefaces and one Introduction. See how the world (and my understanding of it) of the online science communication has changed over the last few years:
My HomepageMy homepage is at http://coturnix.org. It is temporarily stripped to minimal information, but more will come soon.
Search This Blog:
Bora Zivkovic on Morning at Triton Angie Lindsay Ma on Morning at Triton Linda chamblee on Morning at Triton Jekyll » Blog… on The Big Announcement, this tim… Mike H on The Big Announcement, this tim…
- BIO101 - Physiology: Coordinated Response
- BIO101 - Physiology: Regulation and Control
- BIO101 - Introduction to Anatomy and Physiology
- A Farewell to Scienceblogs: the Changing Science Blogging Ecosystem
- Biology and the Scientific Method
- The Irish-Serbian connection
- Food goes through a rabbit twice. Think what that means!
- BIO101 again
- Morning at Triton
- BIO101: Cell-Cell Interactions
- Where is the social media conversation moving? johnlrobinson.com/2015/08/where-… 2 hours ago
- Life After Faith 3ammagazine.com/3am/74992/ 5 hours ago
- How Insect Vision Is Leading to More Sensitive Drones technologyreview.com/news/539751/ti… 5 hours ago
- Kumara are transgenic sciblogs.co.nz/code-for-life/… 5 hours ago
- The Body We Care For: Figures of Anthropo-zoo-genesis biolinguagem.com/ling_cog_cult/… 2 days ago
- Beyond Pluto: Let’s Go See Some More New Worlds phenomena.nationalgeographic.com/2015/07/31/bey… 3 days ago
- Physics demonstrations: Lichtenberg figures skullsinthestars.com/2015/07/31/phy… 3 days ago
- #FieldNotes: In a grip of the legs of a snake fieldofscience.com/2015/07/fieldn… 3 days ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.