One difference between reading Open Laboratory anthologies and reading the original posts included in them is that the printed versions are slightly edited and polished. Another difference is that the Prefaces and Introductions can be found only in the books. They have never been placed online.
But now that four books are out and we are halfway through collecting entries for the fifth one, when only the 2009 book is still selling, I think it is perfectly OK to place Prefaces and Introductions that I wrote myself online. I wrote Prefaces for the 2006, 2007 and 2008 book, as well as the Introduction for the 2006 one. The introductions for the subsequent editions were written by the year’s guest editor, i.e., Reed Cartwright in 2007, Jennifer Rohn in 2008, and SciCurious in 2009.
So, under the fold are my three Prefaces and one Introduction. See how the world (and my understanding of it) of the online science communication has changed over the last few years:
My HomepageMy homepage is at http://coturnix.org. It is temporarily stripped to minimal information, but more will come soon.
Search This Blog:
There are no public comments available to display.
- BIO101 - Physiology: Regulation and Control
- Science Blogging Networks: What, Why and How
- Carnal Carnival #1 - Essentials of Elimination
- Best of September at A Blog Around The Clock
- ScienceOnline2010 – interview with Kelly Rae Chi
- How to ride a horse bareback and bridle-less (video)
- BIO101 - Protein Synthesis: Transcription and Translation
- BIO101 - Cell Structure
- BIO101 - From One Cell To Two: Cell Division and DNA Replication
- Open Laboratory - old Prefaces and Introductions
- UNC team helps produce short documentary about solar energy investment in Spain jomc.unc.edu/news/unc-team-… 8 hours ago
- My garden is organic and I grow GMOs geneticliteracyproject.org/2014/09/02/my-… 11 hours ago
- New generation Amish farmer’s view of next Green Revolution geneticliteracyproject.org/2014/09/02/new… 11 hours ago
- Nap and coffee combo clears neurotransmitters so buzz more effective geneticliteracyproject.org/2014/09/02/nap… 11 hours ago
- When the media hypes epigenetics, mothers take the blame geneticliteracyproject.org/2014/09/02/whe… 11 hours ago
- What’s the future of GMO ‘Frankenfuels’? geneticliteracyproject.org/2014/09/02/wha… 11 hours ago
- Incredible video of North Carolina's Wild Horses horsecollaborative.com/incredible-vid… 12 hours ago
- There's A Teenager On Top Of The Show Jumping World, But The U.S. Riders Are In The Hunt chronofhorse.com/article/teenag… 15 hours ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.