Now that summer is starting to fade, here is something else to look forward to: The 2010-2011 American Scientist Pizza Lunch speaker series returns next month.
Join us at noon, Tuesday, Sept. 21 here at Sigma Xi to hear Duke University cognitive psychologist Elizabeth Brannon give a talk entitled: “Evolutionary and Developmental Precursors for the Human Mathematical Mind.” In other words, Brannon studies what we all take for granted: our ability to do the numbers. She does it, in part, with studies of human babies and other primates.
Thanks to a grant from the N.C. Biotechnology Center, American Scientist Pizza Lunch is free and open to science journalists and science communicators of all stripes. Feel free to forward this message to anyone who might want to attend. RSVPs are required (for the slice count) to email@example.com
Directions to Sigma Xi, the Scientific Research Society in RTP, are here: http://www.sigmaxi.org/about/center/directions.shtml
My HomepageMy homepage is at http://coturnix.org. It is temporarily stripped to minimal information, but more will come soon.
Search This Blog:
Bora Zivkovic on Morning at Triton Angie Lindsay Ma on Morning at Triton Linda chamblee on Morning at Triton Jekyll » Blog… on The Big Announcement, this tim… Mike H on The Big Announcement, this tim…
- Web breaks echo-chambers, or, 'Echo-chamber' is just a derogatory term for 'community' - my remarks at #AAASmtg
- BIO101 - Cell Structure
- Food goes through a rabbit twice. Think what that means!
- Postscript to Pittendrigh's Pet Project - Phototaxis, Photoperiodism and Precise Projectile Parabolas of Pilobolus on Pasture Poop
- BIO101 - Physiology: Coordinated Response
- Grand Rounds Vol. 6 No. 49 - a conference in a tropical island resort
- BIO101 - Physiology: Regulation and Control
- BIO101: Cell-Cell Interactions
- BIO101 - From Two Cells To Many: Cell Differentiation and Embryonic Development
- Search terms...
- #FieldNotes: from Captain Ahab to Jeff Goldblum, chasing the giants fieldofscience.com/2015/03/fieldn… 5 hours ago
- Peer J and PeerJ Preprints to be preserved with Portico – Portico shar.es/1gat9c 12 hours ago
- FieldNotes: from Captain Ahab to Jeff Goldblum, chasing the giants fieldofscience.com/2015/03/fieldn… 16 hours ago
- @CameronNeylon @AndreaKuszewski @McDawg @CarinaDSLR yup, that's what I complained about on my Facebook wall... 16 hours ago
- Behind the Curve lastwordonnothing.com/2015/03/25/beh… 22 hours ago
- Motivations to Blog about Science – #MySciBlog Data scilogs.com/from_the_lab_b… 1 day ago
- This Nose Knows biologicalexceptions.blogspot.com/2015/03/this-n… 1 day ago
- Journalists have to decide what to do about candidates who are climate change denialists pressthink.org/2015/03/journa… 1 day ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.