Now that summer is starting to fade, here is something else to look forward to: The 2010-2011 American Scientist Pizza Lunch speaker series returns next month.
Join us at noon, Tuesday, Sept. 21 here at Sigma Xi to hear Duke University cognitive psychologist Elizabeth Brannon give a talk entitled: “Evolutionary and Developmental Precursors for the Human Mathematical Mind.” In other words, Brannon studies what we all take for granted: our ability to do the numbers. She does it, in part, with studies of human babies and other primates.
Thanks to a grant from the N.C. Biotechnology Center, American Scientist Pizza Lunch is free and open to science journalists and science communicators of all stripes. Feel free to forward this message to anyone who might want to attend. RSVPs are required (for the slice count) to email@example.com
Directions to Sigma Xi, the Scientific Research Society in RTP, are here: http://www.sigmaxi.org/about/center/directions.shtml
My HomepageMy homepage is at http://coturnix.org. It is temporarily stripped to minimal information, but more will come soon.
Search This Blog:
Bora Zivkovic on Morning at Triton Angie Lindsay Ma on Morning at Triton Linda chamblee on Morning at Triton Jekyll » Blog… on The Big Announcement, this tim… Mike H on The Big Announcement, this tim…
- Lysenko Gets A D-Minus On My Genetics Test
- Biology and the Scientific Method
- BIO101 - Physiology: Coordinated Response
- Doesn't reading about this make you salivate?
- Bed bugs and cockroaches: The insects that bug us
- BIO101 - Evolution of Biological Diversity
- Grand Rounds Vol. 6 No. 49 - a conference in a tropical island resort
- Carnal Carnival #1 - Essentials of Elimination
- Stick Science cartoons
- BIO101 - Protein Synthesis: Transcription and Translation
- Beyond Pluto: Let’s Go See Some More New Worlds phenomena.nationalgeographic.com/2015/07/31/bey… 1 day ago
- Physics demonstrations: Lichtenberg figures skullsinthestars.com/2015/07/31/phy… 1 day ago
- #FieldNotes: In a grip of the legs of a snake fieldofscience.com/2015/07/fieldn… 1 day ago
- @dylanmatt see also: blogs.scientificamerican.com/guest-blog/wan… 1 day ago
- Field of Science: FieldNotes: In a grip of the legs of a snake fieldofscience.com/2015/07/fieldn… 2 days ago
- Field of Science: #FieldNotes: In a grip of the legs of a snake fieldofscience.com/2015/07/fieldn… 2 days ago
- It’s Not Climate Change — It’s Everything Change — medium.com/matter/it-s-no… 3 days ago
- The Honey Hunters blog.longreads.com/2014/09/28/the… 3 days ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.