Now that summer is starting to fade, here is something else to look forward to: The 2010-2011 American Scientist Pizza Lunch speaker series returns next month.
Join us at noon, Tuesday, Sept. 21 here at Sigma Xi to hear Duke University cognitive psychologist Elizabeth Brannon give a talk entitled: “Evolutionary and Developmental Precursors for the Human Mathematical Mind.” In other words, Brannon studies what we all take for granted: our ability to do the numbers. She does it, in part, with studies of human babies and other primates.
Thanks to a grant from the N.C. Biotechnology Center, American Scientist Pizza Lunch is free and open to science journalists and science communicators of all stripes. Feel free to forward this message to anyone who might want to attend. RSVPs are required (for the slice count) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Directions to Sigma Xi, the Scientific Research Society in RTP, are here: http://www.sigmaxi.org/about/center/directions.shtml
My HomepageMy homepage is at http://coturnix.org. It is temporarily stripped to minimal information, but more will come soon.
Search This Blog:
There are no public comments available to display.
- Food goes through a rabbit twice. Think what that means!
- Biology and the Scientific Method
- Arsenic Bacteria link-dump
- Carolus Linnaeus's Floral Clocks
- BIO101 - Physiology: Regulation and Control
- Teaching physiology - Cardiac Arrhythmias: the best video ever!
- BIO101 - Protein Synthesis: Transcription and Translation
- Everything You Always Wanted To Know About Sleep (But Were Too Afraid To Ask)
- BIO101 - Introduction to Anatomy and Physiology
- @jgshk333777 interesting.... 6 hours ago
- Timing dinosaurmusings.wordpress.com/2014/09/20/tim… 8 hours ago
- Randy Schekman: Journals like 'Nature', 'Science' or 'Cell' prey on people's vanity metode.cat/en/Issues/Inte… 8 hours ago
- @aliciaparr Thank you! 8 hours ago
- On “Kardashians” in science and the general relationship between achievement and fame pensees.pascallisch.net/?p=1819 14 hours ago
- How to Make Social Media Worth Your Time: When Is Enough Enough? writerunboxed.com/2014/08/25/soc… 14 hours ago
- @Gurdur @ccziv thank you so much, Tim! 1 day ago
- Where Do You Go To Learn About The Practice of Science Communication? scilogs.com/communication_… 1 day ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.