Now that summer is starting to fade, here is something else to look forward to: The 2010-2011 American Scientist Pizza Lunch speaker series returns next month.
Join us at noon, Tuesday, Sept. 21 here at Sigma Xi to hear Duke University cognitive psychologist Elizabeth Brannon give a talk entitled: “Evolutionary and Developmental Precursors for the Human Mathematical Mind.” In other words, Brannon studies what we all take for granted: our ability to do the numbers. She does it, in part, with studies of human babies and other primates.
Thanks to a grant from the N.C. Biotechnology Center, American Scientist Pizza Lunch is free and open to science journalists and science communicators of all stripes. Feel free to forward this message to anyone who might want to attend. RSVPs are required (for the slice count) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Directions to Sigma Xi, the Scientific Research Society in RTP, are here: http://www.sigmaxi.org/about/center/directions.shtml
My HomepageMy homepage is at http://coturnix.org. It is temporarily stripped to minimal information, but more will come soon.
Search This Blog:
Bora Zivkovic on Morning at Triton Angie Lindsay Ma on Morning at Triton Linda chamblee on Morning at Triton Jekyll » Blog… on The Big Announcement, this tim… Mike H on The Big Announcement, this tim…
- Everything You Always Wanted To Know About Sleep (But Were Too Afraid To Ask)
- Food goes through a rabbit twice. Think what that means!
- Shaq and the Mini-Shaq, the extreme primates.
- BIO101 - Physiology: Coordinated Response
- BIO101 - Protein Synthesis: Transcription and Translation
- The PepsiGate linkfest
- BIO101 - Physiology: Regulation and Control
- Lindau Nobel - interview with Ghada Al-Kadamany
- Cicadas, Brood XIX, northern Chatham Co, NC [Videos]
- Morning at Triton
- Good Old Fashioned Shoe Leather Reporting pressthink.org/2015/04/good-o… 15 hours ago
- #FieldNotes: Rogue Microwave Ovens Call Home fieldofscience.com/2015/04/fieldn… 23 hours ago
- Field of Science: #FieldNotes: Rogue Microwave Ovens Call Home fieldofscience.com/2015/04/fieldn… 1 day ago
- Why the Myers-Briggs test is totally meaningless vox.com/2014/7/15/5881… 2 days ago
- Fevers doctorramey.com/fevers/ 2 days ago
- Orcas Are Shouting Over Boat Noise – And It Might Be Making Them Hungry kuow.org/post/orcas-are… 2 days ago
- What the Deer Are Telling Us nautil.us/issue/23/domin… 2 days ago
- Deathmatch: Conventional Breeding vs Transgenesis biofortified.org/2015/03/conven… 2 days ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.