Now that summer is starting to fade, here is something else to look forward to: The 2010-2011 American Scientist Pizza Lunch speaker series returns next month.
Join us at noon, Tuesday, Sept. 21 here at Sigma Xi to hear Duke University cognitive psychologist Elizabeth Brannon give a talk entitled: “Evolutionary and Developmental Precursors for the Human Mathematical Mind.” In other words, Brannon studies what we all take for granted: our ability to do the numbers. She does it, in part, with studies of human babies and other primates.
Thanks to a grant from the N.C. Biotechnology Center, American Scientist Pizza Lunch is free and open to science journalists and science communicators of all stripes. Feel free to forward this message to anyone who might want to attend. RSVPs are required (for the slice count) to email@example.com
Directions to Sigma Xi, the Scientific Research Society in RTP, are here: http://www.sigmaxi.org/about/center/directions.shtml
My HomepageMy homepage is at http://coturnix.org. It is temporarily stripped to minimal information, but more will come soon.
Search This Blog:
Bora Zivkovic on Morning at Triton Angie Lindsay Ma on Morning at Triton Linda chamblee on Morning at Triton Jekyll » Blog… on The Big Announcement, this tim… Mike H on The Big Announcement, this tim…
- Food goes through a rabbit twice. Think what that means!
- BIO101 - Physiology: Regulation and Control
- BIO101 - Current Biological Diversity
- BIO101 - Cell Structure
- BIO101 - Physiology: Coordinated Response
- Charlotte's Web: what was she smoking?
- Grand Rounds Vol. 6 No. 49 - a conference in a tropical island resort
- BIO101 - Cell Structure
- BIO101 - Introduction to Anatomy and Physiology
- BIO101: Cell-Cell Interactions
- #FieldNotes: How to keep a giraffe alive, bears dead, and be fed on bread. fieldofscience.com/2015/11/fieldn… 1 week ago
- Tapeworms -- It's Not Just Cancer That Should Worry You forbes.com/sites/judyston… 2 weeks ago
- #FieldNotes: How to keep a giraffe alive, bears dead, and be fed on bread. fieldofscience.com/2015/11/fieldn… 2 weeks ago
- Field of Science: #FieldNotes: How to keep a giraffe alive, bears dead, and be fed on bread. fieldofscience.com/2015/11/fieldn… 2 weeks ago
- Do snakes sleep? snakesarelong.blogspot.com/2015/08/do-sna… 3 weeks ago
- This Artist Painted Physicists Into a 3D Living Chalkboard gizmodo.com/this-artist-pa… 3 weeks ago
- Some Dogs Wear a Costume Every Day blogs.scientificamerican.com/dog-spies/some… 3 weeks ago
- RT @ccziv: E. coli Outbreak Strikes Chipotle - What You Need To Know via @forbes onforb.es/1PgBZPb Another great post by @DrJudySton… 3 weeks ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.