Now that summer is starting to fade, here is something else to look forward to: The 2010-2011 American Scientist Pizza Lunch speaker series returns next month.
Join us at noon, Tuesday, Sept. 21 here at Sigma Xi to hear Duke University cognitive psychologist Elizabeth Brannon give a talk entitled: “Evolutionary and Developmental Precursors for the Human Mathematical Mind.” In other words, Brannon studies what we all take for granted: our ability to do the numbers. She does it, in part, with studies of human babies and other primates.
Thanks to a grant from the N.C. Biotechnology Center, American Scientist Pizza Lunch is free and open to science journalists and science communicators of all stripes. Feel free to forward this message to anyone who might want to attend. RSVPs are required (for the slice count) to email@example.com
Directions to Sigma Xi, the Scientific Research Society in RTP, are here: http://www.sigmaxi.org/about/center/directions.shtml
My HomepageMy homepage is at http://coturnix.org. It is temporarily stripped to minimal information, but more will come soon.
Search This Blog:
There are no public comments available to display.
- Food goes through a rabbit twice. Think what that means!
- BIO101 - Protein Synthesis: Transcription and Translation
- BIO101 - Physiology: Regulation and Control
- BIO101 - Cell Structure
- ScienceOnline2011 - interview with Holly Bik
- Save the Mountain Walrus
- Diurnal Rhythm of Deep-Sea Diving in Whale Sharks
- Looking for good educational biology movies
- Quick & dirty: misleading sex surveys in women's mags (video)
- What does it mean that a nation is 'Unscientific'?
- Open-access megajournals reduce the peer-review burden wp.me/p7FmM-2T1 3 hours ago
- Is this peer reviewed? Predatory journals and the transparency of peer review. blogs.scientificamerican.com/information-cu… 23 hours ago
- Spider at the Window - lastwordonnothing.com/2014/11/25/spi… 1 day ago
- Holding a Book Bound in Human Skin wp.me/p14Gvd-1hY 1 day ago
- Can Brain Science Be Dangerous? nyti.ms/1C5vIl2 2 days ago
- Cosmopomorphism - lastwordonnothing.com/2014/11/24/890… 2 days ago
- Depicting the tree of life in museums: guiding principles from psychological research evolution-outreach.com/content/7/1/25 #evolution:educationandoutreach 2 days ago
- Surviving the Grind of Fact-Checking theopennotebook.com/2014/11/25/sur… 2 days ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.