I buried this information between numerous pretty pictures in a yesterday’s post, so let me now tell you a little bit more.
A couple of days ago, a new feature was introduced on all published papers on PLoS ONE. Along with commenting on and annotating each paper, you can now also rate it.
The rating system is familiar to all of you from other sites, I’m sure – it is a simple five-star system. You can rate papers on three criteria: Insight, Reliability and Style and let the software average your three ratings to produce a single number, as well as average your ratings with other readers’ ratings to produce a single number for each of the three criteria.
Read the Rating Guidelines first, then dig into the site and rate every paper that you read, while leaving a very brief explanation of why you rated the way you did – no need to get wordy, the Discussions comments and Annotations are designed for that.
As Chris Surridge says (after explaining what this all really means): “Never read a paper on PLoS ONE without leaving a rating!” I strongly second Chris on this: go look around PLoS ONE, read the papers (or find those you have already read in the past) and rate them. Now.
My HomepageMy homepage is at http://coturnix.org. It is temporarily stripped to minimal information, but more will come soon.
Search This Blog:
Bora Zivkovic on Morning at Triton Angie Lindsay Ma on Morning at Triton Linda chamblee on Morning at Triton Jekyll » Blog… on The Big Announcement, this tim… Mike H on The Big Announcement, this tim…
- Postscript to Pittendrigh's Pet Project - Phototaxis, Photoperiodism and Precise Projectile Parabolas of Pilobolus on Pasture Poop
- Food goes through a rabbit twice. Think what that means!
- Biology and the Scientific Method
- Iguanodons old and new, at SciAm Guest Blog
- Classroom Blog
- Open Laboratory - old Prefaces and Introductions
- BIO101 - Physiology: Coordinated Response
- RT @LeeDugatkin: Excited that my Nautilus article on Nikolai Vavilov is live. There are very few people in my pantheon of intellectual ido… 9 months ago
- I just published 'Horse Fitness Program' link.medium.com/KO3fJXv9MU 2 years ago
- Horse Fitness Program link.medium.com/KO3fJXv9MU 2 years ago
- @MaryWanless I hope you like this: horselistening.com/2017/12/26/the… and that I cited your thoughts correctly. 4 years ago
- RT @AstronautAbby: @BoraZ Please help spread the word: Full paid Space Camp Scholarship apps due January 15, 2018 @TheMarsGen will give up… 4 years ago
- I just published “The Mental Game Of Riding” medium.com/p/the-mental-g… 4 years ago
- New post: The Mental Game Of Riding horselistening.com/2017/12/26/the… 4 years ago
- RT @HorseListening: New Guest Post! The Mental Game Of Riding If technical perfection is essential for success, what explains the... https… 4 years ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.