Journal Clubs are a popular feature on PLoS ONE papers. There were several of them in the spring. Now, after a brief summer break, the Journal Clubs are going live again and they will happen on a regular basis, perhaps as frequently as one per week.
What does it mean – a Journal Club? In short, a lab group volunteers to discuss one of the more recent (or even upcoming, not yet published) PLoS ONE papers and to post their discussion as a series of comments, annotations and ratings on the paper itself, triggering a discussion within a broader scientific community.
The first group that will start our Fall series is the Bacterial Metagenomics group led by Dr.Jonathan Eisen at UC-Davis. They chose to discuss last week’s ONE article Metagenomics of the Deep Mediterranean, a Warm Bathypelagic Habitat. It is a good and interesting paper and they have posted their discussion on it already.
If the name Jonathan Eisen rings a bell, it is probably because you are reading his blog. Perhaps you will recognize that one of his students participating in the Journal Club is also familiar to you through her blog as well.
So, what would l really like you to do is to go and read the paper and what the Eisen group wrote about it, then join in the conversation – add your own commentary, including annotations and ratings to the article. If you decide to blog about it at your own site, try to trigger a trackback.
And if you and your group would like to do a Journal Club in the future, let us know – e-mail me at: Bora@plos.org
My HomepageMy homepage is at http://coturnix.org. It is temporarily stripped to minimal information, but more will come soon.
Search This Blog:
Bora Zivkovic on Morning at Triton Angie Lindsay Ma on Morning at Triton Linda chamblee on Morning at Triton Jekyll » Blog… on The Big Announcement, this tim… Mike H on The Big Announcement, this tim…
- A fable about the Frog and the Salamander
- Using Twitter to learn economy of words - try to summarize your research paper in 140 characters or less!
- 'Rent' at Duke
- BIO101 - Cell Structure
- Postscript to Pittendrigh's Pet Project - Phototaxis, Photoperiodism and Precise Projectile Parabolas of Pilobolus on Pasture Poop
- BIO101 - Physiology: Regulation and Control
- RT @LeeDugatkin: Excited that my Nautilus article on Nikolai Vavilov is live. There are very few people in my pantheon of intellectual ido… 5 months ago
- I just published 'Horse Fitness Program' link.medium.com/KO3fJXv9MU 2 years ago
- Horse Fitness Program link.medium.com/KO3fJXv9MU 2 years ago
- @MaryWanless I hope you like this: horselistening.com/2017/12/26/the… and that I cited your thoughts correctly. 3 years ago
- RT @AstronautAbby: @BoraZ Please help spread the word: Full paid Space Camp Scholarship apps due January 15, 2018 @TheMarsGen will give up… 3 years ago
- I just published “The Mental Game Of Riding” medium.com/p/the-mental-g… 3 years ago
- New post: The Mental Game Of Riding horselistening.com/2017/12/26/the… 3 years ago
- RT @HorseListening: New Guest Post! The Mental Game Of Riding If technical perfection is essential for success, what explains the... https… 3 years ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.