The third BlogOpen: meeting of all the participants in blogosphere (from authors, readers, IT workers to mainstream media) will happen on October 4-5 in in Bor, Brestovacka banja, Serbia. Main goals of this public meeting are:
1. Discussion about the topics and problems characteristic of this manner of public communication;
2. Realization of virtual communication in real, public space;
3. Calling wider public’s attention to this mode of authors’ presence and to the importance of an information society;
4. Promotion of an information society, electronic communication and the role of Internet as a source of information, educative tool, interpersonal networking and fostering of democracy;
5. Making notice of the most significant and most successful blogging authors and their impact as creators of public opinion and as sources of information.
More about BlogOpen in English and some valuable information – on this page, the list of speakers is here, and the program. I’m inviting all of you who are interested in these topics to join us as this will be great opportunity to participate and discuss different range of current burning issues, as well as to brainstorm and contribute in some solutions not only in local/world wide blogosphere but in social media and alternative education processes. You can register here. If you are not able to come, I’ll twitter from the conference some interesting points and thoughts.