This month’s Science Cafe (description below) will be held on February 17th at The Irregardless Cafe. We will be meeting Dr. Yvette Cook from the Rex Hospital Sleep Disorders Clinic. She will be talking with us about sleep patterns and why people may have trouble getting a good night’s sleep. I have attached an article Dr. Cook recently wrote for a Rex Healthcare newsletter that you may find of interest. I hope that many of you can come – it should be a very interesting and informative discussion.
Sleep and Sleep Disorders
Tuesday, February 17, 2009
6:30-8:30 pm with discussion beginning at 7:00 followed by Q&A
Location: The Irregardless Café, 901 W. Morgan Street, Raleigh 833-8898
The significance of sleep and dreams has been a subject of interest for centuries. But it took discoveries by scientists (electrical activity of the brain, Rapid Eye Movement sleep) to spur the creation of a new clinical field — Sleep Medicine. The ensuing creation of the polysomnogram (sleep study) has been instrumental in helping sleep physicians evaluate different sleep disorders such as sleep apnea, restless legs, sleepwalking and narcolepsy. Now the general population and the medical community are beginning to recognize the impact of sleep disorders on society.
About the Speaker:
Yvette R. Cook is a Diplomate of the American Board of Sleep Medicine and Fellow of the American Academy of Sleep Medicine. She has a private practice in Cary (Cary Neurology & Sleep Disorders, Inc.) specializing in the field of sleep medicine and serves as Medical Director of Rex Sleep Disorders Center, an accredited Sleep Center devoted to the evaluation of patients with sleep disorders.
RSVP to email@example.com.
My HomepageMy homepage is at http://coturnix.org. It is temporarily stripped to minimal information, but more will come soon.
Search This Blog:
Bora Zivkovic on Morning at Triton Angie Lindsay Ma on Morning at Triton Linda chamblee on Morning at Triton Jekyll » Blog… on The Big Announcement, this tim… Mike H on The Big Announcement, this tim…
- RT @LeeDugatkin: Jazzed that today is PUBLICATION DAY for Power in the Wild: The Subtle and Not-So-Subtle Ways Animals Strive for Control o… 2 months ago
- RT @LeeDugatkin: Excited that my Nautilus article on Nikolai Vavilov is live. There are very few people in my pantheon of intellectual ido… 1 year ago
- I just published 'Horse Fitness Program' link.medium.com/KO3fJXv9MU 3 years ago
- Horse Fitness Program link.medium.com/KO3fJXv9MU 3 years ago
- @MaryWanless I hope you like this: horselistening.com/2017/12/26/the… and that I cited your thoughts correctly. 4 years ago
- RT @AstronautAbby: @BoraZ Please help spread the word: Full paid Space Camp Scholarship apps due January 15, 2018 @TheMarsGen will give up… 4 years ago
- I just published “The Mental Game Of Riding” medium.com/p/the-mental-g… 4 years ago
- New post: The Mental Game Of Riding horselistening.com/2017/12/26/the… 4 years ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.