“Celebration of Life”
Research Triangle Global Health Excellence & World AIDS Day
Date: December 1, 2009
Time: 4:30 pm to 7:30 pm
Location: RTP Headquarters – 12 Davis Drive
Catering By: Nantucket Café & Neomonde
Did you know the Triangle region is a center of excellence in global health?
Help celebrate World AIDS Day and find out how RTP companies and stakeholders are making an impact on HIV/AIDS and other important global health concerns.
Global health organizations in the Park are helping people live longer, more productive lives by working to address HIV/AIDS and other life-threatening conditions. Please join The Research Triangle Park and partner organizations for a special Techie Tuesday to celebrate those that are addressing modern global health challenges, including HIV/AIDS, through research and support services in the RTP and global communities.
Throughout the evening, experts in the field of global health will share insights from their work in one of the main conference rooms of the RTP Headquarters.
Dr. Myron S. Cohen
Director, UNC Center for Infectious Diseases
Chief, Division of Infections Diseases
J. Herbert Bate Distinguished Professor of Medicine & Microbiology, Immunology & Public Health
Dr. Nicole Fouche
Executive Director, Triangle Global Health Consortium
As part of the event, RTP will host a food drive to donate canned goods and non-perishable items to the Alliance for Aids Services Carolina food pantry. Please consider bringing a canned item to the event to help the cause (click here for a list of canned items to donate).
Also, if you are interested in organizing a collection within your company to donate goods at the Techie Tuesday event, please contact Alice Lockhart at email@example.com for more information.
My HomepageMy homepage is at http://coturnix.org. It is temporarily stripped to minimal information, but more will come soon.
Search This Blog:
Bora Zivkovic on Morning at Triton Angie Lindsay Ma on Morning at Triton Linda chamblee on Morning at Triton Jekyll » Blog… on The Big Announcement, this tim… Mike H on The Big Announcement, this tim…
- Postscript to Pittendrigh's Pet Project - Phototaxis, Photoperiodism and Precise Projectile Parabolas of Pilobolus on Pasture Poop
- BIO101 - Cell Structure
- Food goes through a rabbit twice. Think what that means!
- Save the Mountain Walrus
- Written In Stone: interview with Brian Switek
- Grand Rounds Vol. 6 No. 49 - a conference in a tropical island resort
- Why republish an old blog post?
- A fable about the Frog and the Salamander
- How to teach as much biology in as little time
- Best of December
- I just published 'Horse Fitness Program' link.medium.com/KO3fJXv9MU 1 year ago
- Horse Fitness Program link.medium.com/KO3fJXv9MU 1 year ago
- @MaryWanless I hope you like this: horselistening.com/2017/12/26/the… and that I cited your thoughts correctly. 2 years ago
- RT @AstronautAbby: @BoraZ Please help spread the word: Full paid Space Camp Scholarship apps due January 15, 2018 @TheMarsGen will give up… 2 years ago
- I just published “The Mental Game Of Riding” medium.com/p/the-mental-g… 2 years ago
- New post: The Mental Game Of Riding horselistening.com/2017/12/26/the… 2 years ago
- RT @HorseListening: New Guest Post! The Mental Game Of Riding If technical perfection is essential for success, what explains the... https… 2 years ago
- The Mental Game Of Riding – Horse Listening horselistening.com/2017/12/26/the… 2 years ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.