I posted only 127 times in May. Apart from many cool videos and various updates, I did blog about other things as well.
I went to the WWW2010 conference and wrote my thoughts about it.
Open Laboratory submissions are in full swing so I decided to post the old Prefaces and Introductions I wrote for the first three books.
Dennis Meredith came to town to talk about Explaining Research so I reported from the event. I also reported on the presentation about Serious Gaming at Sigma Xi.
Two of my friends and neighbors published books in May so I announced the sites and times for local readings – ‘On The Grid’ by Scott Huler and ‘Bonobo Handshake’ by Vanessa Woods. I reported from the ‘On The Grid’ reading here. Both book reviews are coming soon.
Cory Doctorow did a book reading/signing in Chapel Hill – I went and wrote about the event.
More interviews with participants of ScienceOnline2010 have come in – check out Jelka Crnobrnja, Alex, Staten Island Academy student of Stacy Baker, Scott Huler, Tyler Dukes, Tom Linden, Jason Hoyt, Amy Freitag, Emily Fisher, Antony Williams, Sonia Stephens, Karyn Hede, Jack, Staten Island Academy student of Stacy Baker, Jeremy Yoder and Fenella Saunders.
Announcing events – Triangle PechaKucha and Science Online London 2010.
Work-wise, I announced the April 2010 PLoS ONE BLog Pick Of The Month and Lots of news around PLoS these days.
My HomepageMy homepage is at http://coturnix.org. It is temporarily stripped to minimal information, but more will come soon.
Search This Blog:
Bora Zivkovic on Morning at Triton Angie Lindsay Ma on Morning at Triton Linda chamblee on Morning at Triton Jekyll » Blog… on The Big Announcement, this tim… Mike H on The Big Announcement, this tim…
- BIO101 - Physiology: Regulation and Control
- BIO101 - Physiology: Coordinated Response
- BIO101 - Introduction to Anatomy and Physiology
- A Farewell to Scienceblogs: the Changing Science Blogging Ecosystem
- The Irish-Serbian connection
- Morning at Triton
- A Fun(gal) Photo Quiz
- Grand Rounds Vol. 6 No. 49 - a conference in a tropical island resort
- Teaching Biology 101 (to adults)
- BIO101 again
- Where is the social media conversation moving? johnlrobinson.com/2015/08/where-… 14 hours ago
- Life After Faith 3ammagazine.com/3am/74992/ 17 hours ago
- How Insect Vision Is Leading to More Sensitive Drones technologyreview.com/news/539751/ti… 17 hours ago
- Kumara are transgenic sciblogs.co.nz/code-for-life/… 17 hours ago
- The Body We Care For: Figures of Anthropo-zoo-genesis biolinguagem.com/ling_cog_cult/… 2 days ago
- Beyond Pluto: Let’s Go See Some More New Worlds phenomena.nationalgeographic.com/2015/07/31/bey… 4 days ago
- Physics demonstrations: Lichtenberg figures skullsinthestars.com/2015/07/31/phy… 4 days ago
- #FieldNotes: In a grip of the legs of a snake fieldofscience.com/2015/07/fieldn… 4 days ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.