I posted only 127 times in May. Apart from many cool videos and various updates, I did blog about other things as well.
I went to the WWW2010 conference and wrote my thoughts about it.
Open Laboratory submissions are in full swing so I decided to post the old Prefaces and Introductions I wrote for the first three books.
Dennis Meredith came to town to talk about Explaining Research so I reported from the event. I also reported on the presentation about Serious Gaming at Sigma Xi.
Two of my friends and neighbors published books in May so I announced the sites and times for local readings – ‘On The Grid’ by Scott Huler and ‘Bonobo Handshake’ by Vanessa Woods. I reported from the ‘On The Grid’ reading here. Both book reviews are coming soon.
Cory Doctorow did a book reading/signing in Chapel Hill – I went and wrote about the event.
More interviews with participants of ScienceOnline2010 have come in – check out Jelka Crnobrnja, Alex, Staten Island Academy student of Stacy Baker, Scott Huler, Tyler Dukes, Tom Linden, Jason Hoyt, Amy Freitag, Emily Fisher, Antony Williams, Sonia Stephens, Karyn Hede, Jack, Staten Island Academy student of Stacy Baker, Jeremy Yoder and Fenella Saunders.
Announcing events – Triangle PechaKucha and Science Online London 2010.
Work-wise, I announced the April 2010 PLoS ONE BLog Pick Of The Month and Lots of news around PLoS these days.
My HomepageMy homepage is at http://coturnix.org. It is temporarily stripped to minimal information, but more will come soon.
Search This Blog:
There are no public comments available to display.
- Food goes through a rabbit twice. Think what that means!
- Stick Science cartoons
- BIO101 - Cell Structure
- BIO101 - Physiology: Regulation and Control
- BIO101 - From One Cell To Two: Cell Division and DNA Replication
- Can Wordpress do this?
- BIO101 - Biology and the Scientific Method
- Quick Links
- Rotating Shift-Work can kill you
- 31 Reasons Why Horse People Are The Craziest You'll Ever Meet news.distractify.com/people/persona… 5 hours ago
- Losing Ground projects.propublica.org/louisiana/ 5 hours ago
- In America Today, a 9-Year-Old Girl Can't Play Alone in a Park But She Can Play With an Uzi newrepublic.com/article/119255… 5 hours ago
- Sensors and Journalism | ProPublica, Satellites and The Shrinking Louisiana Coast towcenter.org/sensors-and-jo… 5 hours ago
- When it comes to chasing clicks, journalists say one thing but feel pressure to do another niemanlab.org/2014/08/when-i… 5 hours ago
- A Monkey’s Blueprint blogs.scientificamerican.com/sa-visual/2014… 6 hours ago
- Coop’s Citizen Sci Scoop: fishermen, sailor, beachcomber, diver – the seas of research helpers blogs.plos.org/citizensci/201… 7 hours ago
- ‘I was changing a nappy when call for help came’ lancasterguardian.co.uk/news/education… 7 hours ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.