Now that registration for ScienceOnline2010 is open I intend to, like I did in the past years, introduce the participants to my blog readers in a series of blog posts.
Of course, you can check out the entire list for yourself (already at 201 people!) but I will try to provide a little more information about everyone so, if you are attending, you may be on a special lookout for someone you really want to talk to or, if you are not attending, to see what you’re missing so you can tune in virtually next January and make a firm promise to yourself that you will try to make it in person next time.
Of course, you can get even more of a flavor if you read the interviews with past participants – many of whom will be coming back in 2010 – here they are from the 2008 meeting and the ScienceOnline09.
I thought I’d start the series in a logical way – getting the four of us organizers out of the way first. So here we go….
Anton Zuiker is a veteran blogger (see how many years back you can go in his archives!) particularly interested in medical blogging, foodblogging and storyblogging. But even more, he is interested in building a community – using online tools to get people together in real life. Thus, he organized a series of monthly blogger meetups over the years, the annual Blogger BBQ at his home, a Long Table series of events (just started last month), several blogging conferences and found BlogTogether.org, a community of North Carolina bloggers and online communicators that is the official organizer of the ScienceOnline conferences.
Anton is one of the first graduates of the Medical and Science Journalism Program at UNC and is currently the Manager of Internal Communications at the Duke University Health System. If that is not enough for you – the list gets longer on his About page….and of course, you can follow him on Twitter.
Stephanie Willen Brown is the director of the Park Library, the library of the School of Journalism and Mass Communication at UNC.
Stephanie’s blog is CogSci Librarian and you can also follow her on Twitter. At ScienceOnline2010, Stephanie will co-moderate the session “Scientists! What can your librarian do for you?”
David Kroll is the Professor and Chair of Pharmaceutical Sciences at North Carolina Central University, but if you are a regular reader of science blogs, you probably know him better as Abel PharmBoy of the Terra Sigilatta blog and the eponymous Twitter handle.
At ScienceOnline2010, David will co-moderate the session “Martin Luther King, Jr., Memorial Session: Engaging underrepresented groups in online science media.”
Oh, and you know me (and if you are here for the first time – welcome and look around – you can learn more about me on my About page and find me in various online places all linked here).
My HomepageMy homepage is at http://coturnix.org. It is temporarily stripped to minimal information, but more will come soon.
Search This Blog:
Bora Zivkovic on Morning at Triton Angie Lindsay Ma on Morning at Triton Linda chamblee on Morning at Triton Jekyll » Blog… on The Big Announcement, this tim… Mike H on The Big Announcement, this tim…
- This PRISM does not turn white light into the beautiful colors of the rainbow
- Quick Links....a lot of them...all good.
- BIO101 - Cell Structure
- BIO101 - From One Cell To Two: Cell Division and DNA Replication
- Postscript to Pittendrigh's Pet Project - Phototaxis, Photoperiodism and Precise Projectile Parabolas of Pilobolus on Pasture Poop
- ScienceOnline2011 – interview with Dave Mosher
- RT @LeeDugatkin: Jazzed that today is PUBLICATION DAY for Power in the Wild: The Subtle and Not-So-Subtle Ways Animals Strive for Control o… 1 month ago
- RT @LeeDugatkin: Excited that my Nautilus article on Nikolai Vavilov is live. There are very few people in my pantheon of intellectual ido… 1 year ago
- I just published 'Horse Fitness Program' link.medium.com/KO3fJXv9MU 3 years ago
- Horse Fitness Program link.medium.com/KO3fJXv9MU 3 years ago
- @MaryWanless I hope you like this: horselistening.com/2017/12/26/the… and that I cited your thoughts correctly. 4 years ago
- RT @AstronautAbby: @BoraZ Please help spread the word: Full paid Space Camp Scholarship apps due January 15, 2018 @TheMarsGen will give up… 4 years ago
- I just published “The Mental Game Of Riding” medium.com/p/the-mental-g… 4 years ago
- New post: The Mental Game Of Riding horselistening.com/2017/12/26/the… 4 years ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.