Yup, I am teaching my accelerated BIO101 class tonight again. It is all about figuring out what is really important, stripping away everything else, trying not to fry the students’ brains, and keeping one’s own sanity in the process. I’ll probably spend about 30 minutes on cell division and DNA replication, about 45 minutes on development, about 30 minutes on genotype and phenotype and about an hour on evolution, taking breaks between each two topics. In the end, if there is time, I may show an old movie. How old? Well, Steve Jones is in it and he looks young and he talks about his – then current – snail research! That old.
My HomepageMy homepage is at http://coturnix.org. It is temporarily stripped to minimal information, but more will come soon.
Search This Blog:
Bora Zivkovic on Morning at Triton Angie Lindsay Ma on Morning at Triton Linda chamblee on Morning at Triton Jekyll » Blog… on The Big Announcement, this tim… Mike H on The Big Announcement, this tim…
- Food goes through a rabbit twice. Think what that means!
- ScienceOnline2010 - interview with Stephanie Willen Brown
- Can Wordpress do this?
- When Should Schools Start in the morning?
- BIO101 - Protein Synthesis: Transcription and Translation
- Some fun stats about the participants of ScienceOnline2011
- Shaq and the Mini-Shaq, the extreme primates.
- Everything You Always Wanted To Know About Sleep (But Were Too Afraid To Ask)
- Why is some coverage of scientific news in the media very poor?
- @MaryWanless I hope you like this: horselistening.com/2017/12/26/the… and that I cited your thoughts correctly. 2 months ago
- RT @AstronautAbby: @BoraZ Please help spread the word: Full paid Space Camp Scholarship apps due January 15, 2018 @TheMarsGen will give up… 2 months ago
- I just published “The Mental Game Of Riding” medium.com/p/the-mental-g… 2 months ago
- New post: The Mental Game Of Riding horselistening.com/2017/12/26/the… 2 months ago
- RT @HorseListening: New Guest Post! The Mental Game Of Riding If technical perfection is essential for success, what explains the... https… 2 months ago
- The Mental Game Of Riding – Horse Listening horselistening.com/2017/12/26/the… 2 months ago
- @KA_Nicholas Thank you! What brought you to the article? How was it useful to you? 3 months ago
- @davidkroll yup, Aziz is a better choice ;-) Link? 5 months ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.