Yup, I am teaching my accelerated BIO101 class tonight again. It is all about figuring out what is really important, stripping away everything else, trying not to fry the students’ brains, and keeping one’s own sanity in the process. I’ll probably spend about 30 minutes on cell division and DNA replication, about 45 minutes on development, about 30 minutes on genotype and phenotype and about an hour on evolution, taking breaks between each two topics. In the end, if there is time, I may show an old movie. How old? Well, Steve Jones is in it and he looks young and he talks about his – then current – snail research! That old.
My HomepageMy homepage is at http://coturnix.org. It is temporarily stripped to minimal information, but more will come soon.
Search This Blog:
Bora Zivkovic on Morning at Triton Angie Lindsay Ma on Morning at Triton Linda chamblee on Morning at Triton Jekyll » Blog… on The Big Announcement, this tim… Mike H on The Big Announcement, this tim…
- When Should Schools Start in the morning?
- How the Giraffe Got Its Neck?
- Classroom Blog
- Another role for Open Science
- ScienceOnline2010 - interview with Stephanie Willen Brown
- Open Laboratory 2010 - submissions so far
- Food goes through a rabbit twice. Think what that means!
- Science Blogging Networks: What, Why and How
- Links 'n' Thoughts on emerging science blogging networks
- ScienceOnline2010 – interview with Steve Koch
- @davidkroll yup, Aziz is a better choice ;-) Link? 2 weeks ago
- @davidkroll I am very excited (and surprised). No need for me to write it up - there are good reports out there. 2 weeks ago
- #Icanhazpdf Revealing Oft-cited but Unpublished Papers of Colin Pittendrigh and Coworkers journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.117… CoturnixATgmail 2 months ago
- Germs On Your Kitchen Sponge? Get a Grip! forbes.com/sites/judyston… 2 months ago
- Given The Price Of An EpiPen, Mylan's Injector Ought To Work forbes.com/sites/judyston… 6 months ago
- Exceptionally short-period circadian clock in Cyclosa turbinata #icanhazpdf coturnixATgmail bioone.org/doi/abs/10.163… 7 months ago
- Congress And Trump Are Competing For The Most Destructive Budget Award--We All Lose forbes.com/sites/judyston… 7 months ago
- How Does Trump's Plan To Gut Health And Medical Research Make America Great? forbes.com/sites/judyston… 7 months ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.