First, as I reported earlier, Archy persuaded PZ Myers to host a one-time carnival about the opening of the Creation Museum – and here is the carnival – a lot of good stuff to read.
I especially liked the only (so far) on-the-scene report by Martha Heil.
I also tend to prefer posts that try to take in a Big Picture and place stuff in broader historical and/or geographical context, thus, I really liked contributions by Laelaps and Greg Laden. They are optimistic, though. The view from outside, from Europe, can be much more pessimistic.
Also, some of the comments on this post remind me of my early internet days on various Balkans Usenet groups. Apparently, the tone and quality have not changed much since the early 1990s! I thought that brotherhood and unity were back in vogue again, as evidenced by the results of the Eurovision contest. I only made a quick remark in that direction, but several Euroblogs wrote deeper sociological analyses of the deeper meaning of the Eurovision results and what they portend for Europe’s future. See, for instance, this post and peruse a good linkfest collected by Eric.
My HomepageMy homepage is at http://coturnix.org. It is temporarily stripped to minimal information, but more will come soon.
Search This Blog:
Bora Zivkovic on Morning at Triton Angie Lindsay Ma on Morning at Triton Linda chamblee on Morning at Triton Jekyll » Blog… on The Big Announcement, this tim… Mike H on The Big Announcement, this tim…
- Journalist Steve Buttry dies of pancreatic cancer at age 62 stevebuttry.wordpress.com/2017/02/20/jou… via @stevebuttry 5 days ago
- A few notes on unbuilding a key part of the presidency pressthink.org/2017/02/notes-… 6 days ago
- RT @ccziv: Kudos to @blueapron. A company that cares if customers have nutritious (delicious!) food to eat more than they care for profits… 1 week ago
- Thanks @blueapron for a year of great service and for getting me to love cooking and learning more about it. 1 week ago
- Fracking And What New EPA Means For Your Health forbes.com/sites/judyston… 1 week ago
- RT @JsciCOM: Getting volunteers to engage with your citizen science project: the Season Spotter experience jcom.sissa.it/getting-volunt… 1 month ago
- RT @JsciCOM: Scienza Attiva: deliberative democracy methods to improve high school students’ engagement with S&T jcom.sissa.it/scienza-attiva… 1 month ago
- Why You Should Oppose Repeal Of The Affordable Care Act forbes.com/sites/judyston… 1 month ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.