First, as I reported earlier, Archy persuaded PZ Myers to host a one-time carnival about the opening of the Creation Museum – and here is the carnival – a lot of good stuff to read.
I especially liked the only (so far) on-the-scene report by Martha Heil.
I also tend to prefer posts that try to take in a Big Picture and place stuff in broader historical and/or geographical context, thus, I really liked contributions by Laelaps and Greg Laden. They are optimistic, though. The view from outside, from Europe, can be much more pessimistic.
Also, some of the comments on this post remind me of my early internet days on various Balkans Usenet groups. Apparently, the tone and quality have not changed much since the early 1990s! I thought that brotherhood and unity were back in vogue again, as evidenced by the results of the Eurovision contest. I only made a quick remark in that direction, but several Euroblogs wrote deeper sociological analyses of the deeper meaning of the Eurovision results and what they portend for Europe’s future. See, for instance, this post and peruse a good linkfest collected by Eric.
My HomepageMy homepage is at http://coturnix.org. It is temporarily stripped to minimal information, but more will come soon.
Search This Blog:
Bora Zivkovic on Morning at Triton Angie Lindsay Ma on Morning at Triton Linda chamblee on Morning at Triton Jekyll » Blog… on The Big Announcement, this tim… Mike H on The Big Announcement, this tim…
- Food goes through a rabbit twice. Think what that means!
- Health and Medicine Poetry Contest
- BIO101 - Protein Synthesis: Transcription and Translation
- Shaq and the Mini-Shaq, the extreme primates.
- The Most Useless Machine EVER! (video)
- Quick & dirty: misleading sex surveys in women's mags (video)
- BIO101 - Cell Structure
- They eat horses, don't they?
- Given The Price Of An EpiPen, Mylan's Injector Ought To Work forbes.com/sites/judyston… 1 month ago
- Exceptionally short-period circadian clock in Cyclosa turbinata #icanhazpdf coturnixATgmail bioone.org/doi/abs/10.163… 2 months ago
- Congress And Trump Are Competing For The Most Destructive Budget Award--We All Lose forbes.com/sites/judyston… 2 months ago
- How Does Trump's Plan To Gut Health And Medical Research Make America Great? forbes.com/sites/judyston… 2 months ago
- Maryland fracking opponents are right on the science washingtonpost.com/blogs/all-opin… 2 months ago
- Rare Diseases Patients Need More Than Miracles And Trumpcare forbes.com/sites/judyston… 2 months ago
- Daily Cycles in Body Temperature in a Songbird Change with Photoperiod... #icanhazpdf coturnix@gmail journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.117… 3 months ago
- Daily Cycles in Body Temperature in a Songbird Change with Photoperiod... #icanhazpdf coturnixatgmail journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.117… 3 months ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.