In a few minutes, I will post the interview with Sen. John Edwards on this blog. All the questions are related to science (and yes, it was not easy to cut down the number of questions and the length of each question – there is so much to ask) so they should be of interest to the readers of this blog.
As I am not a journalist or an analyst who needs to preserve an appearance of ‘balance’, I have always been unabashedly open about my support for John Edwards, first in 1998 when he ran for the Senate (that was the first election I could vote in after becoming a US citizen), then in 2003/04 when he ran for President (and subsequently Vice-President), and finally now, as he is running for President again.
Feel free to search this blog (or my old blog) for his name and see what I have written in his support before.
I have not been in the past, nor am I now, officially connected to the campaign (though I walk my dog in front of the Headquarters every day and say Hi to staffers I recognize), but I am a big fan. And hey, we are neighbors – a few months after I moved from Raleigh to Chapel Hill, John and Elizabeth did the same.
As I’ll be running to work (my brand new job) in a few minutes, I will not be able to hang around and moderate comments. I hope you all stay civil and on topic – I know it is politics and trolls will come out of the woodwork, but ignore them and I will clean up the thread when I come back online tonight.
Also in a few minutes, I will post links to the interview on DailyKos, MyDD, TPM Cafe, Science And Politics, Liberal Coalition and, of course, the Edwards campaign blog. I’ll add the specific links here once I have them, so you can see what others are saying and perhaps want to comment on those places as well.
If you are interested in more details of Edwards’ policy proposals related to science, technology, medicine and environment, check them out directly on the John Edwards campaign website and search the Issues and Press Releases.
You may also want to read and write comments on my diary on DailyKos, mydiary on MyDD, my diary on the Edwards blog, my diary on TPM Cafe, my post on Science And Politics and my post on The Liberal Coalition.
Also, read the commentary by other people (to be updated as links come in): Kevin Beck, Argo, Anterior Commissure, Omni Brain, Unscrewing the Inscrutable, Ed Cone, Griftdrift, Pharyngula, The Greenbelt, Backreaction, Mark Adams, Dispassionate Liberal, As Ohio Goes…, Blog For Edwards, Billy the Blogging Poet, Philgoblue, Corpus Callosum, Thus Spake Zuska, Pithing Contest, The Voltage Gate, Laelaps, Shakesville, .Benny’s Blog, Democratic Underground, Space Politics, Thoughts From Kansas, Hope for Pandora, Dispatches From The Culture Wars, Yesh, Gene Expression, Metachat, Accidental Blogger, Neurophilosophy, TPM Election Central, Seed Zeitgeist, Pam’s House Blend, The Scientific Activist, Mythusmage Opines, Wired Science, EENR at DailyKos, NCDemAmy on MyDD, Dragyn’s Breath, Boston for Edwards, All These Worlds, Treehugger, Election Geek, America on Mars, Mass Eyes & Ears, Lance Mannion, …
My HomepageMy homepage is at http://coturnix.org. It is temporarily stripped to minimal information, but more will come soon.
Search This Blog:
Bora Zivkovic on Morning at Triton Angie Lindsay Ma on Morning at Triton Linda chamblee on Morning at Triton Jekyll » Blog… on The Big Announcement, this tim… Mike H on The Big Announcement, this tim…
- RT @LeeDugatkin: Excited that my Nautilus article on Nikolai Vavilov is live. There are very few people in my pantheon of intellectual ido… 7 months ago
- I just published 'Horse Fitness Program' link.medium.com/KO3fJXv9MU 2 years ago
- Horse Fitness Program link.medium.com/KO3fJXv9MU 2 years ago
- @MaryWanless I hope you like this: horselistening.com/2017/12/26/the… and that I cited your thoughts correctly. 3 years ago
- RT @AstronautAbby: @BoraZ Please help spread the word: Full paid Space Camp Scholarship apps due January 15, 2018 @TheMarsGen will give up… 3 years ago
- I just published “The Mental Game Of Riding” medium.com/p/the-mental-g… 3 years ago
- New post: The Mental Game Of Riding horselistening.com/2017/12/26/the… 3 years ago
- RT @HorseListening: New Guest Post! The Mental Game Of Riding If technical perfection is essential for success, what explains the... https… 3 years ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.