First, we have 199 people registered for the Science Blogging Conference. The Sigma Xi space accommodates 200 and we have ordered food for 200 (coffee for more, to make up for the coffee flop last year) and swag bags for 200. Apart from the public list, we also have a list with a couple of anonymous bloggers as well as about a dozen of students who will be coming with their teachers. Thus, we will be closing the registration most likely tonight or tomorrow, so hurry up and grab that last 200th spot! After that, we will probably have a waiting list, but that is no guarantee (and makes it hard to plan your travel and stay that way).
If you are registered, now is the good time to:
1) find and exchange information about hotels, rides, etc. Will you have a car with you then and there? Please offer to give others a ride by editing that wiki page.
2) sign up for one of the remaining slots for the Friday afternoon (1pm – 4pm) Lab Tours by editing the wiki page.
3) sign up for one of the remaining slots for the Friday morning Blogging Skills Sessions, either the beggining blogging or advanced blogging session.
4) sign up for the Friday dinner by editing that wiki page.
5) sign up to help in some other way by editing the Volunteer page.
6) visit our Sponsors page to see who is making this all possible.
7) write a blog post about it and see what others have already written so far.
8) Go to the Program page and start adding your questions, ideas and comments to the individual session pages.
Second, the deadline for submitting blog posts for the 2nd Science Blogging Anthology is December 20th at midnight. Yup, just four more days. So, submit your best of the year here. There are more than 410 posts there already, and the 30+ judges are already reading them and rating them. Make sure your best post is there. Original poems and cartoons/comics are still in short supply.
My HomepageMy homepage is at http://coturnix.org. It is temporarily stripped to minimal information, but more will come soon.
Join 1,498 other followers
Search This Blog:
Bora Zivkovic on Morning at Triton Angie Lindsay Ma on Morning at Triton Linda chamblee on Morning at Triton Jekyll » Blog… on The Big Announcement, this tim… Mike H on The Big Announcement, this tim…
- RT @LeeDugatkin: Jazzed that today is PUBLICATION DAY for Power in the Wild: The Subtle and Not-So-Subtle Ways Animals Strive for Control o… 3 months ago
- RT @LeeDugatkin: Excited that my Nautilus article on Nikolai Vavilov is live. There are very few people in my pantheon of intellectual ido… 1 year ago
- I just published 'Horse Fitness Program' link.medium.com/KO3fJXv9MU 3 years ago
- Horse Fitness Program link.medium.com/KO3fJXv9MU 3 years ago
- @MaryWanless I hope you like this: horselistening.com/2017/12/26/the… and that I cited your thoughts correctly. 4 years ago
- RT @AstronautAbby: @BoraZ Please help spread the word: Full paid Space Camp Scholarship apps due January 15, 2018 @TheMarsGen will give up… 4 years ago
- I just published “The Mental Game Of Riding” medium.com/p/the-mental-g… 4 years ago
- New post: The Mental Game Of Riding horselistening.com/2017/12/26/the… 4 years ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.