Well, The Day has arrived! The Open Laboratory 2007, the 2nd anthology of the best science blogging of the year, is now up for sale on Lulu.com!
Yes, you can buy it right here!
In a few weeks (and I will be sure to tell you), the book will also available in online and offline bookstores.
You can read the background story, see all the submitted entries and the winning 53 posts.
All the kudos go to this year’s editor, Reed Cartwright for doing a magnificent job on every aspect of the process – from summoning posts for submission, getting volunteers to judge the posts and providing all sorts of technical tools that made everyone’s job easy, to the final touches in making the book look absolutely gorgeous.
I have ordered the first copy so we can check how it looks like when printed and if any errors need to be fixed before the book is accepted by Amazon.com and the meatspace bookstores. Lulu’s prices have gone up a bit since last year – sorry…. But if you cannot wait for that, you can order right now, of course – right here (and if you have missed out on the first edition from 2006, you can still order it, on Lulu.com only).
I would also like to thank the judges for spending their holiday break reading, commenting on and grading all the submitted posts and making our job that much easier. They are (in no particular order): Anna Kushnir, Tara Smith, Tiffany Cartwright, Greta Munger, Karen James, Anne-Marie, Jennifer Forman Orth, Michele Kiyota, GreenSmile, The Ridger, Abel PharmBoy, John Dupuis, Alex Palazzo, Blake Stacey, Greg Laden, Michael Rathbun, Dave Bacon, Egon Willighagen, Martin Rundkvist, Arunn Narasimhan, Mike Dunford, Steve Matheson, Brian Switek, Peter McGrath, Chris Rowan, Kevin Zelnio, John Wilkins, Anton Zuiker, Jeremy Bruno, Ian Musgrave and Mike Bergin. Please visit their sites, look around, boost their traffic and say Hello.
And tell all your friends to go here and buy The Book!
Update: Thanks to all who have written blog posts promoting the anthology:
The Other 95%
The Tao of How
Science After Sunclipse
And He Blogs
The Nervous Axon
Living the Scientific Life
The Digital Cuttlefish
The Beagle Project Blog
The Real Paul Jones
Confessions of a Science Librarian
My HomepageMy homepage is at http://coturnix.org. It is temporarily stripped to minimal information, but more will come soon.
Search This Blog:
Bora Zivkovic on Morning at Triton Angie Lindsay Ma on Morning at Triton Linda chamblee on Morning at Triton Jekyll » Blog… on The Big Announcement, this tim… Mike H on The Big Announcement, this tim…
- Food goes through a rabbit twice. Think what that means!
- Some fun stats about the participants of ScienceOnline2011
- Grand Rounds Vol. 6 No. 49 - a conference in a tropical island resort
- BIO101 - Physiology: Coordinated Response
- BIO101 - Physiology: Regulation and Control
- Everything You Always Wanted To Know About Sleep (But Were Too Afraid To Ask)
- Domestication - it's a matter of time (always is for me, that's my 'hammer' for all nails)
- Biological Clocks in Protista
- Quick Links
- BIO101 - Current Biological Diversity
- @davidkroll yup, Aziz is a better choice ;-) Link? 1 month ago
- @davidkroll I am very excited (and surprised). No need for me to write it up - there are good reports out there. 1 month ago
- #Icanhazpdf Revealing Oft-cited but Unpublished Papers of Colin Pittendrigh and Coworkers journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.117… CoturnixATgmail 3 months ago
- Germs On Your Kitchen Sponge? Get a Grip! forbes.com/sites/judyston… 3 months ago
- Given The Price Of An EpiPen, Mylan's Injector Ought To Work forbes.com/sites/judyston… 7 months ago
- Exceptionally short-period circadian clock in Cyclosa turbinata #icanhazpdf coturnixATgmail bioone.org/doi/abs/10.163… 8 months ago
- Congress And Trump Are Competing For The Most Destructive Budget Award--We All Lose forbes.com/sites/judyston… 8 months ago
- How Does Trump's Plan To Gut Health And Medical Research Make America Great? forbes.com/sites/judyston… 8 months ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.