If you attended the Science Blogging Conference or read what people blogged about it, or said about it in subsequent interviews, you know how much fun it is to meet your favourite bloggers in real life. You gain a new perspective, you read them more diligently, you understand them better, and you have some calamari and beer.
So, we would like all the readers of Scienceblogs.com to organize local meetups. The organizing has already started (see here, here, here, here and here for examples). Rare are the people who read only one of us – most of our readers are shared across at least a few scienceblogs. Let’s all meet in many locations around the country and the world.
How to organize? Join the Scienceblogs.com Facebook fan group and use the Wall and the Discussion Board to organize. The idea is for readers to organize this, not bloggers (we’ll just show up if we live close by). So, if you are a reader, fan, commenter – do this, see who else in the group is from your area and decide on the place, date and time and let us know.
Recent new additions to scienceblogs.com may have changed this, but I think that North Carolina, with seven SciBlings, is still in the numerical lead over any other state or country. Thus, I expect there may be quite a lot of readers here as well. Heck, there are three of us hugging the few miles of US15-501 in the middle of the Triangle so even if just Sheril, Abel and I show up, it is already quite a meetup! And if it grows big, perhaps the other four will come from the western part of the state as well (or alternatively, organize another meetup in Charlotte).
Oh, and while you are on Facebook anyway, you might just as well join the A Blog Around The Clock readers’ group, or the PLoS fan group, or just make me your friend.
My HomepageMy homepage is at http://coturnix.org. It is temporarily stripped to minimal information, but more will come soon.
Search This Blog:
Bora Zivkovic on Morning at Triton Angie Lindsay Ma on Morning at Triton Linda chamblee on Morning at Triton Jekyll » Blog… on The Big Announcement, this tim… Mike H on The Big Announcement, this tim…
- Books: "Biased Embryos and Evolution" by Wallace Arthur
- Chuck Norris Creationist
- Biology and the Scientific Method
- Save the Mountain Walrus
- BIO101 - Cell Structure
- BIO101 - Protein Synthesis: Transcription and Translation
- Postscript to Pittendrigh's Pet Project - Phototaxis, Photoperiodism and Precise Projectile Parabolas of Pilobolus on Pasture Poop
- Food goes through a rabbit twice. Think what that means!
- I just published 'Horse Fitness Program' link.medium.com/KO3fJXv9MU 1 year ago
- Horse Fitness Program link.medium.com/KO3fJXv9MU 1 year ago
- @MaryWanless I hope you like this: horselistening.com/2017/12/26/the… and that I cited your thoughts correctly. 3 years ago
- RT @AstronautAbby: @BoraZ Please help spread the word: Full paid Space Camp Scholarship apps due January 15, 2018 @TheMarsGen will give up… 3 years ago
- I just published “The Mental Game Of Riding” medium.com/p/the-mental-g… 3 years ago
- New post: The Mental Game Of Riding horselistening.com/2017/12/26/the… 3 years ago
- RT @HorseListening: New Guest Post! The Mental Game Of Riding If technical perfection is essential for success, what explains the... https… 3 years ago
- The Mental Game Of Riding – Horse Listening horselistening.com/2017/12/26/the… 3 years ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.