Tomorrow, March 29th, 2008 at 8pm local time, switch off all the lights for an hour! Join the millions participating in Earth Hour (of course there is a Facebook group, full of information).
Apart from the obvious idea of saving energy, it is important to also remember that light pollution has strong negative effects on a variety of organisms, from insects, to migrating birds, to hatchling turtles.The energy saving of one hour may not be much, but the political effect of the effort is worth it.
My HomepageMy homepage is at http://coturnix.org. It is temporarily stripped to minimal information, but more will come soon.
Grab my RSS feed:
Join 1,499 other subscribers
Search This Blog:
Bora Zivkovic on Morning at Triton Angie Lindsay Ma on Morning at Triton Linda chamblee on Morning at Triton Jekyll » Blog… on The Big Announcement, this tim… Mike H on The Big Announcement, this tim…
- Welcome the Popular Science blog network
- Best of September at A Blog Around The Clock
- Quick update: UNESCO Belgrade, and NYTimes
- WCSJ2013 in Helsinki, a photo-tour
- Updates, Events and Miscellanea
- "My Beloved..." and other dinosaurs.
- They eat horses, don't they?
- Best of August at A Blog Around The Clock
- Sharks have rhythm, too
- ScienceWriters2013 - great program in Gainsville in November.
@BoraZ on Twitter:Tweets by BoraZ
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
It’s 8:30 dumbass
It’s 2009, dumbass.