This one is for Rob, one of those strange-metered (7/8, or 1-2-3;1-2;1-2/1-2-3;1-2;1-2/…) Macedonian songs of old:
There are many more like this in the menu there on YouTube….
My HomepageMy homepage is at http://coturnix.org. It is temporarily stripped to minimal information, but more will come soon.
Grab my RSS feed:
Join 1,499 other subscribers
Search This Blog:
Bora Zivkovic on Morning at Triton Angie Lindsay Ma on Morning at Triton Linda chamblee on Morning at Triton Jekyll » Blog… on The Big Announcement, this tim… Mike H on The Big Announcement, this tim…
@BoraZ on Twitter:
- I just published 'Horse Fitness Program' link.medium.com/KO3fJXv9MU 4 years ago
- Horse Fitness Program link.medium.com/KO3fJXv9MU 4 years ago
- @MaryWanless I hope you like this: horselistening.com/2017/12/26/the… and that I cited your thoughts correctly. 5 years ago
- RT @AstronautAbby: @BoraZ Please help spread the word: Full paid Space Camp Scholarship apps due January 15, 2018 @TheMarsGen will give up… 5 years ago
- I just published “The Mental Game Of Riding” medium.com/p/the-mental-g… 5 years ago
- New post: The Mental Game Of Riding horselistening.com/2017/12/26/the… 5 years ago
- RT @HorseListening: New Guest Post! The Mental Game Of Riding If technical perfection is essential for success, what explains the... https… 5 years ago
- The Mental Game Of Riding – Horse Listening horselistening.com/2017/12/26/the… 5 years ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
I love compound and other “strange” meters. Unfortunately, no one west of the Aegean seems to know what to do with them. Especially us Americans – throw a compound meter at us and we all seem to freak out.
Several years ago I belonged to an informal drumming-improv group that met once a month or so. When my turn came to start things off, I used to set up a rhythm in 5 or 7, and no matter what I did, it would always end up mashed into 3 or 4, and almost every time, someone would end up bent out of shape at me. I eventually got bored and quit.