I’ll be in Boston in about 10 days from now. On March 8th, I’ll go to the Science Cafe – the website is not updated yet so I don’t know what the topic is yet, but it’s going to be fun for sure: science+pizza+beer, who can ask for more? So, if you come to that, try to spot me in the crowd and say Hello.
The next day, on Monday, March 9, 2009 at 6:00pm, we’ll meet at Casablanca Restaurant which is at 40 Brattle Street, Cambridge, MA. If you are a scientist, blogger, reader, come and let’s eat and drink together. If you are on Facebook, I have made an Event page so you can get all the information.
Oh, and why am I in Boston in the first place? Good question.
Radio program The World, which has been going on for many years (but was only picked up by my local NPR station WUNC a few weeks ago, since when I have been dutifully listening and I have to say it’s good), is broadcast from WGBH in Boston, and is a coproduction of BBC and Public Radio International. Recently, they got an NSF grant, together with Sigma Xi and NOVA to build an online companion to their radio show, specifically for their science coverage, something like an online Science Cafe of sorts with listener/reader participation.
So they invited me and a number of others to be their Web/science advisors and to meet at the station’s headquarters for a day of planning: how to build and design the site, what to put there, how to connect it well with the radio program, how to run it, how to promote it and build a community of regular participants and commenters on their site, etc. This is bound to be an exciting and fun day of work!
My HomepageMy homepage is at http://coturnix.org. It is temporarily stripped to minimal information, but more will come soon.
Search This Blog:
Bora Zivkovic on Morning at Triton Angie Lindsay Ma on Morning at Triton Linda chamblee on Morning at Triton Jekyll » Blog… on The Big Announcement, this tim… Mike H on The Big Announcement, this tim…
- Food goes through a rabbit twice. Think what that means!
- BIO101 - Cell Structure
- Teaching Biology 101 (to adults)
- Save the Mountain Walrus
- Using Twitter to learn economy of words - try to summarize your research paper in 140 characters or less!
- Best posts on Media, (Science) Journalism and Blogging at A Blog Around The Clock
- Best Biology posts on A Blog Around The Clock
- When Should Schools Start in the morning?
- Hydrogen Bonding (video)
- RT @LeeDugatkin: Excited that my Nautilus article on Nikolai Vavilov is live. There are very few people in my pantheon of intellectual ido… 5 months ago
- I just published 'Horse Fitness Program' link.medium.com/KO3fJXv9MU 2 years ago
- Horse Fitness Program link.medium.com/KO3fJXv9MU 2 years ago
- @MaryWanless I hope you like this: horselistening.com/2017/12/26/the… and that I cited your thoughts correctly. 3 years ago
- RT @AstronautAbby: @BoraZ Please help spread the word: Full paid Space Camp Scholarship apps due January 15, 2018 @TheMarsGen will give up… 3 years ago
- I just published “The Mental Game Of Riding” medium.com/p/the-mental-g… 3 years ago
- New post: The Mental Game Of Riding horselistening.com/2017/12/26/the… 3 years ago
- RT @HorseListening: New Guest Post! The Mental Game Of Riding If technical perfection is essential for success, what explains the... https… 3 years ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.