You have been Expelled.
No, not by me, by your own party.
The Republican party is now a clown car.
The sane, thoughtful conservatives have left it over the years, some prominent ones quite publicly last year, either more openly by stating they are leaving GOP, or a little more carefully, by endorsing Obama for President.
What is left are racist, sexist, homophobic, femiphobic, xenophobic, Creationist, authoritarian, theocratic, cowardly scuzbuckets like Rush Limbaugh, Michele Bachmann, Bobby Jindal, Steve Sailer, Sarah Palin, Newt Gingrich, Sean Hannity, Anne Coulter and Joe The Plumber.
And the lowlife that came to Palin events to drool at her.
And the most insane Republicans in Congress. The sane ones lost their elections. None of them are left in the House. A couple of them still in the Senate, but will have to switch to Independent if they want to get re-elected in their Blue states. The brand is THAT damaged.
Their platform? Make fun of everything that normal people want.
Good luck with that.
People are judged by who they are friends with. Do you want to be associated with those lunatics?
Why didn’t you get the memo you were Expelled? Because they are too high on endogenous hallucinogens. And they still hope to get your vote. One thing they have no interest in whatsoever are your ideas.
Think about it. What can you do?
Get together with other sane conservatives and try to wrestle the party from those cretins? Good luck.
Get together with other sane conservatives and try to take over another party, e.g., Libertarians? Good luck.
Get together with other sane conservatives and try to form another party? Good luck.
Each of the above three scenarios will produce a party that is almost indistinguishable from the Democrats, who have firmly taken the Center. Tough to compete with a copycat against the Real McCoy. Anything even a little to the right of them is, right now, bordering on insane and totally unpopular because all those ideas have been tried over the past 40 years and each one of them failed miserably.
Join the Democrats? As they are so corporate and straight in the middle, and unlikely, constitutionally (in the sense of their own mindset, not the highest law of the country), to ever move Left, that may be your best bet.
Or just go Independent and watch as the US political ecosystem evolves.
Obama has been the President for just a month. Give it a few more months and watch. It is quite possible that we are entering a very different world.
In this new world, we will have to forget the idea that there are two opposing parties keeping each other in check (even if one of them is full of shit on everything). In it, it will be us keeping check on our elected representatives. In such a world, parties and party affiliation will not be as important as they have been to date. It will take us some time to get used to the idea and to start using it well.
People who get this new world will be relevant in it. Those who don’t will be left behind. GOP will continue to be irrelevant as their modus vivendi is the hating of Democrats and laughing at words they think are funny.
The MSM will be irrelevant as they are still paying attention to what GOP-ers say (as if anyone cares), give them equal time (as if their opinions touch reality), or wonder how the Republicans will stage a come-back (as if this is some kind of inevitable Law Of Nature that this will ever happen).
In the meantime, if you don’t want to be laughed at, quit the GOP. You REALLY don’t want to be associated with that amount of hate, idiocy and obstructionism, do you?
My HomepageMy homepage is at http://coturnix.org. It is temporarily stripped to minimal information, but more will come soon.
Search This Blog:
Bora Zivkovic on Morning at Triton Angie Lindsay Ma on Morning at Triton Linda chamblee on Morning at Triton Jekyll » Blog… on The Big Announcement, this tim… Mike H on The Big Announcement, this tim…
- Food goes through a rabbit twice. Think what that means!
- BIO101 - Cell Structure
- BIO101 - From One Cell To Two: Cell Division and DNA Replication
- Web breaks echo-chambers, or, 'Echo-chamber' is just a derogatory term for 'community' - my remarks at #AAASmtg
- Graham Lawton Was Wrong
- Science Blogging Networks: What, Why and How
- Morning at Triton
- Clocks in Bacteria I: Synechococcus elongatus
- Biology and the Scientific Method
- I just published 'Horse Fitness Program' link.medium.com/KO3fJXv9MU 1 year ago
- Horse Fitness Program link.medium.com/KO3fJXv9MU 1 year ago
- @MaryWanless I hope you like this: horselistening.com/2017/12/26/the… and that I cited your thoughts correctly. 2 years ago
- RT @AstronautAbby: @BoraZ Please help spread the word: Full paid Space Camp Scholarship apps due January 15, 2018 @TheMarsGen will give up… 2 years ago
- I just published “The Mental Game Of Riding” medium.com/p/the-mental-g… 2 years ago
- New post: The Mental Game Of Riding horselistening.com/2017/12/26/the… 2 years ago
- RT @HorseListening: New Guest Post! The Mental Game Of Riding If technical perfection is essential for success, what explains the... https… 2 years ago
- The Mental Game Of Riding – Horse Listening horselistening.com/2017/12/26/the… 2 years ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.