I posted 239 posts in March.
The best post of the month, IMHO, is Defining the Journalism vs. Blogging Debate, with a Science Reporting angle which is now slowly accumulating comments as well as links from various places online.
My second-best post was the in-depth review of Fiddler On The Roof with Topol.
The Open Laboratory 2008 is now up for sale. The guest editor for the Open Laboratory 2009 was announced with great fanfare.
Lots this month about ‘citizen scientists, e.g., Science crowdsourcing – ecology. And Twitter for Birders. I also discovered an Innovative Use of Twitter: monitoring fish catch! And Try to get strangers to talk using objects on April 5th. And a Call for articles: User-led Science, Citizen Science, Popular Science
I had a productive and pleasant trip to Boston. And the ‘Beacons of the Bloggerati’ came back yet another year. In the meantime, the video from the Columbia panel on Open Science was uploaded online. And I got quoted in a Nature article about science blogging and journalism.
Are solo authors less cited?
It was also a busy week at PLoS. We started everyONE blog. We redesigned our article pages with new functionalities (and PLoS Medicine migrated onto TOPAZ platform). You can now use LaTeX when submitting manuscripts to PLoS ONE. And I awarded the first Blog Pick Of The Month.
And I could not resist taking some more stabs at journalism and politics.
And lots of cool videos, cartoons, quotes, links and announcements….
My HomepageMy homepage is at http://coturnix.org. It is temporarily stripped to minimal information, but more will come soon.
Search This Blog:
Bora Zivkovic on Morning at Triton Angie Lindsay Ma on Morning at Triton Linda chamblee on Morning at Triton Jekyll » Blog… on The Big Announcement, this tim… Mike H on The Big Announcement, this tim…
- Food goes through a rabbit twice. Think what that means!
- Welcome the Popular Science blog network
- My picks from ScienceDaily
- Fossil Jewelry
- Quick Links
- When Should Schools Start in the morning?
- Classroom Blog
- How to teach as much biology in as little time
- Another role for Open Science
- Why is some coverage of scientific news in the media very poor?
- @MaryWanless I hope you like this: horselistening.com/2017/12/26/the… and that I cited your thoughts correctly. 9 months ago
- RT @AstronautAbby: @BoraZ Please help spread the word: Full paid Space Camp Scholarship apps due January 15, 2018 @TheMarsGen will give up… 9 months ago
- I just published “The Mental Game Of Riding” medium.com/p/the-mental-g… 9 months ago
- New post: The Mental Game Of Riding horselistening.com/2017/12/26/the… 9 months ago
- RT @HorseListening: New Guest Post! The Mental Game Of Riding If technical perfection is essential for success, what explains the... https… 9 months ago
- The Mental Game Of Riding – Horse Listening horselistening.com/2017/12/26/the… 9 months ago
- @KA_Nicholas Thank you! What brought you to the article? How was it useful to you? 10 months ago
- @davidkroll yup, Aziz is a better choice ;-) Link? 1 year ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.