Ask yourself this: Whom would you prefer at the controls of your plane on a stormy night, a pilot who smoked a joint three days ago, or one who had six hours of sleep prior to a 13-hour workday in which he’s performed half a dozen takeoffs and landings? The first pilot has indulged in a career-ending toke; the second is in full compliance with the rules. I have to assume that the FAA realizes the foolery of such enforcement policies, but it nonetheless chooses to put its resources into drug testing and other politically expedient issues. Meanwhile it procrastinates, performing study after study and poring over data from NASA circadian rhythm experiments in an attempt to answer one of the world’s most perplexing questions: Is exhaustion a detriment to job performance?
My HomepageMy homepage is at http://coturnix.org. It is temporarily stripped to minimal information, but more will come soon.
Search This Blog:
Bora Zivkovic on Morning at Triton Angie Lindsay Ma on Morning at Triton Linda chamblee on Morning at Triton Jekyll » Blog… on The Big Announcement, this tim… Mike H on The Big Announcement, this tim…
- Food goes through a rabbit twice. Think what that means!
- BIO101 - Protein Synthesis: Transcription and Translation
- BIO101 - Cell Structure
- Everything You Always Wanted To Know About Sleep (But Were Too Afraid To Ask)
- When Should Schools Start in the morning?
- Bloggers at the Zoo - movies #4
- ScienceOnline2011 – interview with John Hawks
- Books: Michael Pollan - The Omnivore's Dilemma
- Daily Cycles in Body Temperature in a Songbird Change with Photoperiod... #icanhazpdf coturnix@gmail journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.117… 12 hours ago
- Daily Cycles in Body Temperature in a Songbird Change with Photoperiod... #icanhazpdf coturnixatgmail journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.117… 23 hours ago
- Journalist Steve Buttry dies of pancreatic cancer at age 62 stevebuttry.wordpress.com/2017/02/20/jou… via @stevebuttry 1 week ago
- A few notes on unbuilding a key part of the presidency pressthink.org/2017/02/notes-… 1 week ago
- RT @ccziv: Kudos to @blueapron. A company that cares if customers have nutritious (delicious!) food to eat more than they care for profits… 1 week ago
- Thanks @blueapron for a year of great service and for getting me to love cooking and learning more about it. 1 week ago
- Fracking And What New EPA Means For Your Health forbes.com/sites/judyston… 1 week ago
- RT @JsciCOM: Getting volunteers to engage with your citizen science project: the Season Spotter experience jcom.sissa.it/getting-volunt… 1 month ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.