October was a very busy month and the blog must have felt a little neglected. Still, I managed to post 142 times last month…and not just Clock Quotes.
Open Access Week was in October, and I particularly paid attention to Open Access Week in Serbia.
I announced the PLoS ONE Blog Pick of the Month for September 2009 , the new Genomics of Emerging Infectious Disease PLoS Collection and the New and Exciting in PLoS ONE – articles with embedded interactive 3D structures.
I got off the computer, out of the house and in the car and went to some science/technology local sites and events, which I blogged about in Field Trip! Water, sewage and flowers and New jobs in North Carolina at CREE, producing LED lights.
The big job last month for us was managing the registration for ScienceOnline2010. Within three days of opening for registration we had to close as we were full. Then I had to put together the final program Schedule.
You can hear more about ScienceOnline2010 On Duke Radio. And I started introducing the participants here, here, here, here and here.
Nothing raises the excitement about ScienceOnline2010 as much as reading the interviews with participants of ScienceOnline09. In October, I added four more interviews – with Arikia Millikan, Tatjana Jovanovic-Grove, Blake Stacey and Daniel Brown.
Being busy, instead of writing I posted a bunch of really cool videos – see The Piano Stairway, Plastic in the Pacific Gyre can be microscopic and never biodegrade, Why does plastic accumulate in the North Pacific Gyre?, It’s so easy to re-use Open Access stuff, Open Access 101 (video), Teslapunk Antique Toilet of the Future, 500,000 Brazilian free-tailed bats fly out of a cave and Video of Anne Frank Surfaces on YouTube.
And I collected good links on Twitter and posted the best of them here in daily Tweetlinks.
My HomepageMy homepage is at http://coturnix.org. It is temporarily stripped to minimal information, but more will come soon.
Search This Blog:
Bora Zivkovic on Morning at Triton Angie Lindsay Ma on Morning at Triton Linda chamblee on Morning at Triton Jekyll » Blog… on The Big Announcement, this tim… Mike H on The Big Announcement, this tim…
- When Should Schools Start in the morning?
- iPhone, youPhone, he/she/itPhone, wePhone, youPhone, theyPhone...
- Classroom Blog
- Little Red Riding Hood, the modern version (video)
- Teaching Biology 101 (to adults)
- ScienceOnline2010 - interview with Stephanie Willen Brown
- ScienceOnline2011 - interview with Holly Bik
- I just published 'Horse Fitness Program' link.medium.com/KO3fJXv9MU 4 months ago
- Horse Fitness Program link.medium.com/KO3fJXv9MU 4 months ago
- @MaryWanless I hope you like this: horselistening.com/2017/12/26/the… and that I cited your thoughts correctly. 1 year ago
- RT @AstronautAbby: @BoraZ Please help spread the word: Full paid Space Camp Scholarship apps due January 15, 2018 @TheMarsGen will give up… 1 year ago
- I just published “The Mental Game Of Riding” medium.com/p/the-mental-g… 1 year ago
- New post: The Mental Game Of Riding horselistening.com/2017/12/26/the… 1 year ago
- RT @HorseListening: New Guest Post! The Mental Game Of Riding If technical perfection is essential for success, what explains the... https… 1 year ago
- The Mental Game Of Riding – Horse Listening horselistening.com/2017/12/26/the… 1 year ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.