Apparently, someone published a really curmudgeonly and regressive-thinking article about science publishing in The Chronicle of Higher Education, titled We Must Stop the Avalanche of Low-Quality Research. Commenters there are shredding it apart. But you should also see blog posts discussing it, by Female Science Professor, DrugMonkey, Orac and Geekmommyprof. If anything, they do not fisk it thoroughly enough 😉
My HomepageMy homepage is at http://coturnix.org. It is temporarily stripped to minimal information, but more will come soon.
Search This Blog:
Bora Zivkovic on Morning at Triton Angie Lindsay Ma on Morning at Triton Linda chamblee on Morning at Triton Jekyll » Blog… on The Big Announcement, this tim… Mike H on The Big Announcement, this tim…
- 'Pulp Fiction' does not need to pay copyright, just be honest
- Biology and the Scientific Method
- Food goes through a rabbit twice. Think what that means!
- BIO101 - Origin of Biological Diversity
- BIO101 - Evolution of Biological Diversity
- BIO101 - Introduction to Anatomy and Physiology
- BIO101 - Biology and the Scientific Method
- Postscript to Pittendrigh's Pet Project - Phototaxis, Photoperiodism and Precise Projectile Parabolas of Pilobolus on Pasture Poop
- Arsenic Bacteria link-dump
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.