This month’s Science Café (description below) will be held on February 15th at The Irregardless Cafe. We will be meeting Dr. Deepak Pasi from Rex Hospital. Dr Pasi will talk with us about our hearts- how they work and what keeps our vascular systems healthy. I hope that many of you can come – it should be an interesting discussion about a very important topic.
Prevention of Heart Disease: Managing Risk Factors
Tuesday, February 15, 2011
6:30-8:30 p.m. with discussion beginning at 7:00 followed by Q&A
Location: The Irregardless Café, 901 W. Morgan Street, Raleigh, 833-8898
Heart disease is the leading cause of death for both men and women. Why is heart disease different in women versus men? Why are some people more prone to heart disease than others? Is a healthy diet and exercise enough to prevent it? Will statins prevent heart disease in healthy people? What role does second hand smoke really play? Prevention is key to minimizing the impact of heart disease on our bodies, our longevity and our quality of life. We’ll explore the risk factors, the role of genetics and the things we can do to minimize heart disease.
About our Speaker: Deepak Pasi, M.D. is a board certified cardiologist and completed fellowships in both cardiology and interventional cardiology at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. He has practiced cardiology for twenty five years and is a member of Rex Heart & Vascular Specialists in Raleigh.
Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org
My HomepageMy homepage is at http://coturnix.org. It is temporarily stripped to minimal information, but more will come soon.
Search This Blog:
Bora Zivkovic on Morning at Triton Angie Lindsay Ma on Morning at Triton Linda chamblee on Morning at Triton Jekyll » Blog… on The Big Announcement, this tim… Mike H on The Big Announcement, this tim…
- Food goes through a rabbit twice. Think what that means!
- Biology and the Scientific Method
- Carolus Linnaeus's Floral Clocks
- Scienceblogging: The Lay Scientist (and The Guardian) – a Q&A with Martin Robbins
- Everything You Always Wanted To Know About Sleep (But Were Too Afraid To Ask)
- BIO101 - Cell Structure
- Carnal Carnival #1 - Essentials of Elimination
- ScienceOnline2011 – interview with Alice Bell
- A fable about the Frog and the Salamander
- @MaryWanless I hope you like this: horselistening.com/2017/12/26/the… and that I cited your thoughts correctly. 1 year ago
- RT @AstronautAbby: @BoraZ Please help spread the word: Full paid Space Camp Scholarship apps due January 15, 2018 @TheMarsGen will give up… 1 year ago
- I just published “The Mental Game Of Riding” medium.com/p/the-mental-g… 1 year ago
- New post: The Mental Game Of Riding horselistening.com/2017/12/26/the… 1 year ago
- RT @HorseListening: New Guest Post! The Mental Game Of Riding If technical perfection is essential for success, what explains the... https… 1 year ago
- The Mental Game Of Riding – Horse Listening horselistening.com/2017/12/26/the… 1 year ago
- @KA_Nicholas Thank you! What brought you to the article? How was it useful to you? 1 year ago
- @davidkroll yup, Aziz is a better choice ;-) Link? 1 year ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.