This month’s Science Café (description below) will be held on February 15th at The Irregardless Cafe. We will be meeting Dr. Deepak Pasi from Rex Hospital. Dr Pasi will talk with us about our hearts- how they work and what keeps our vascular systems healthy. I hope that many of you can come – it should be an interesting discussion about a very important topic.
Prevention of Heart Disease: Managing Risk Factors
Tuesday, February 15, 2011
6:30-8:30 p.m. with discussion beginning at 7:00 followed by Q&A
Location: The Irregardless Café, 901 W. Morgan Street, Raleigh, 833-8898
Heart disease is the leading cause of death for both men and women. Why is heart disease different in women versus men? Why are some people more prone to heart disease than others? Is a healthy diet and exercise enough to prevent it? Will statins prevent heart disease in healthy people? What role does second hand smoke really play? Prevention is key to minimizing the impact of heart disease on our bodies, our longevity and our quality of life. We’ll explore the risk factors, the role of genetics and the things we can do to minimize heart disease.
About our Speaker: Deepak Pasi, M.D. is a board certified cardiologist and completed fellowships in both cardiology and interventional cardiology at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. He has practiced cardiology for twenty five years and is a member of Rex Heart & Vascular Specialists in Raleigh.
Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org
My HomepageMy homepage is at http://coturnix.org. It is temporarily stripped to minimal information, but more will come soon.
Search This Blog:
Bora Zivkovic on Morning at Triton Angie Lindsay Ma on Morning at Triton Linda chamblee on Morning at Triton Jekyll » Blog… on The Big Announcement, this tim… Mike H on The Big Announcement, this tim…
- Food goes through a rabbit twice. Think what that means!
- Health and Medicine Poetry Contest
- BIO101 - Protein Synthesis: Transcription and Translation
- Shaq and the Mini-Shaq, the extreme primates.
- The Most Useless Machine EVER! (video)
- Quick & dirty: misleading sex surveys in women's mags (video)
- BIO101 - Cell Structure
- They eat horses, don't they?
- Given The Price Of An EpiPen, Mylan's Injector Ought To Work forbes.com/sites/judyston… 1 month ago
- Exceptionally short-period circadian clock in Cyclosa turbinata #icanhazpdf coturnixATgmail bioone.org/doi/abs/10.163… 2 months ago
- Congress And Trump Are Competing For The Most Destructive Budget Award--We All Lose forbes.com/sites/judyston… 2 months ago
- How Does Trump's Plan To Gut Health And Medical Research Make America Great? forbes.com/sites/judyston… 2 months ago
- Maryland fracking opponents are right on the science washingtonpost.com/blogs/all-opin… 2 months ago
- Rare Diseases Patients Need More Than Miracles And Trumpcare forbes.com/sites/judyston… 2 months ago
- Daily Cycles in Body Temperature in a Songbird Change with Photoperiod... #icanhazpdf coturnix@gmail journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.117… 3 months ago
- Daily Cycles in Body Temperature in a Songbird Change with Photoperiod... #icanhazpdf coturnixatgmail journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.117… 3 months ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.