I have posted 131 times in September (exact same number as August), including many cool videos as well as a few pictures from a recent trip to the zoo. This month I also started importing the best links I posted on Twitter over the day, in Tweetlinks.
In September I interviewed Victor Henning, John Wilbanks and Kevin Emamy.
At work, the most exciting news was the release of Article-Level Metrics at PLoS – Download Data. I announced the Blog Pick Of The Month and that PLoS ONE won the ’09 ALPSP Award for Publishing Innovation!. Then I did an Interview with Dr.Derya Unutmaz, Section Editor for Immunology at PLoS ONE and told you about our cool new dinosaur paper.
Speaking of dinosarus, it was also the time to announce the Open Dinosaur Project.
I got a brand new Homepage and did some fiddling around with my About Me page here.
I got on the editorial board of the Journal of Science Communication.
I made the first big ScienceOnline2010 update, went on the radio to talk about it and announced a new sponsor and travel grants.
The best post of the month was Talkin’ Trash about the reporting from the Northern Pacific Gyre.
Futurity.org, a new science news service was anounced, with mixed reactions from the twitterverse, which prompted me to ask what investigative science reporting is.
This month was also an important date in my life.
I went to Techie Tuesday and The Long Table and next is a concert by Leonard Cohen.
My HomepageMy homepage is at http://coturnix.org. It is temporarily stripped to minimal information, but more will come soon.
Search This Blog:
Bora Zivkovic on Morning at Triton Angie Lindsay Ma on Morning at Triton Linda chamblee on Morning at Triton Jekyll » Blog… on The Big Announcement, this tim… Mike H on The Big Announcement, this tim…
- BIO101 - Physiology: Coordinated Response
- Food goes through a rabbit twice. Think what that means!
- BIO101 - Physiology: Regulation and Control
- BIO101 - Cell Structure
- BIO101: Cell-Cell Interactions
- Web breaks echo-chambers, or, 'Echo-chamber' is just a derogatory term for 'community' - my remarks at #AAASmtg
- 'Pink Boots and the Machete'
- Biological Clocks in Protista
- Coturnix on Sex, part I - Blogging in the nude
- BIO101 - Protein Synthesis: Transcription and Translation
- #FieldNotes: from Captain Ahab to Jeff Goldblum, chasing the giants fieldofscience.com/2015/03/fieldn… 1 day ago
- Peer J and PeerJ Preprints to be preserved with Portico – Portico shar.es/1gat9c 1 day ago
- FieldNotes: from Captain Ahab to Jeff Goldblum, chasing the giants fieldofscience.com/2015/03/fieldn… 2 days ago
- @CameronNeylon @AndreaKuszewski @McDawg @CarinaDSLR yup, that's what I complained about on my Facebook wall... 2 days ago
- Behind the Curve lastwordonnothing.com/2015/03/25/beh… 2 days ago
- Motivations to Blog about Science – #MySciBlog Data scilogs.com/from_the_lab_b… 2 days ago
- This Nose Knows biologicalexceptions.blogspot.com/2015/03/this-n… 2 days ago
- Journalists have to decide what to do about candidates who are climate change denialists pressthink.org/2015/03/journa… 2 days ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.