I have posted 131 times in September (exact same number as August), including many cool videos as well as a few pictures from a recent trip to the zoo. This month I also started importing the best links I posted on Twitter over the day, in Tweetlinks.
In September I interviewed Victor Henning, John Wilbanks and Kevin Emamy.
At work, the most exciting news was the release of Article-Level Metrics at PLoS – Download Data. I announced the Blog Pick Of The Month and that PLoS ONE won the ’09 ALPSP Award for Publishing Innovation!. Then I did an Interview with Dr.Derya Unutmaz, Section Editor for Immunology at PLoS ONE and told you about our cool new dinosaur paper.
Speaking of dinosarus, it was also the time to announce the Open Dinosaur Project.
I got a brand new Homepage and did some fiddling around with my About Me page here.
I got on the editorial board of the Journal of Science Communication.
I made the first big ScienceOnline2010 update, went on the radio to talk about it and announced a new sponsor and travel grants.
The best post of the month was Talkin’ Trash about the reporting from the Northern Pacific Gyre.
Futurity.org, a new science news service was anounced, with mixed reactions from the twitterverse, which prompted me to ask what investigative science reporting is.
This month was also an important date in my life.
I went to Techie Tuesday and The Long Table and next is a concert by Leonard Cohen.
My HomepageMy homepage is at http://coturnix.org. It is temporarily stripped to minimal information, but more will come soon.
Search This Blog:
There are no public comments available to display.
- Science Blogging Networks: What, Why and How
- BIO101 - Physiology: Regulation and Control
- BIO101 - Evolution of Biological Diversity
- BIO101: Cell-Cell Interactions
- Best of September at A Blog Around The Clock
- Food goes through a rabbit twice. Think what that means!
- BIO101 - From Two Cells To Many: Cell Differentiation and Embryonic Development
- Circadian Quackery
- Little Red Riding Hood, the modern version (video)
- Best of August at A Blog Around The Clock
- Why Every Journalism Student Should Blog scilogs.com/from_the_lab_b… 13 hours ago
- How A Viral Video Revealed A Previously Undocumented Ant Behavior animals.io9.com/how-a-viral-vi… 13 hours ago
- The Book That Got Teaching Right newyorker.com/culture/cultur… 13 hours ago
- Terazije Square - Belgradian belgradian.com/sightseeing/te… 13 hours ago
- Could a tattoo help you survive a trip into history? theguardian.com/science/the-h-… 13 hours ago
- Those to Whom the Rules Do Not Apply (In Their Opinion) dinosaurmusings.wordpress.com/2014/09/01/rul… 13 hours ago
- Facebook's algorithm isn't news scripting.com/2014/09/01/fac… 13 hours ago
- If Half of All Species Go Extinct, Will One of Them Be Us? m.nautil.us/blog/if-half-o… 17 hours ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.