I have posted 131 times in September (exact same number as August), including many cool videos as well as a few pictures from a recent trip to the zoo. This month I also started importing the best links I posted on Twitter over the day, in Tweetlinks.
In September I interviewed Victor Henning, John Wilbanks and Kevin Emamy.
At work, the most exciting news was the release of Article-Level Metrics at PLoS – Download Data. I announced the Blog Pick Of The Month and that PLoS ONE won the ’09 ALPSP Award for Publishing Innovation!. Then I did an Interview with Dr.Derya Unutmaz, Section Editor for Immunology at PLoS ONE and told you about our cool new dinosaur paper.
Speaking of dinosarus, it was also the time to announce the Open Dinosaur Project.
I got a brand new Homepage and did some fiddling around with my About Me page here.
I got on the editorial board of the Journal of Science Communication.
I made the first big ScienceOnline2010 update, went on the radio to talk about it and announced a new sponsor and travel grants.
The best post of the month was Talkin’ Trash about the reporting from the Northern Pacific Gyre.
Futurity.org, a new science news service was anounced, with mixed reactions from the twitterverse, which prompted me to ask what investigative science reporting is.
This month was also an important date in my life.
I went to Techie Tuesday and The Long Table and next is a concert by Leonard Cohen.
My HomepageMy homepage is at http://coturnix.org. It is temporarily stripped to minimal information, but more will come soon.
Search This Blog:
There are no public comments available to display.
- BIO101 - Physiology: Regulation and Control
- Postscript to Pittendrigh's Pet Project - Phototaxis, Photoperiodism and Precise Projectile Parabolas of Pilobolus on Pasture Poop
- ScienceOnline2011 - interview with Holly Bik
- Grand Rounds Vol. 6 No. 49 - a conference in a tropical island resort
- Some fun stats about the participants of ScienceOnline2011
- Carnal Carnival - everything you ever wanted to know about poop you will be able to learn in ten days from today
- BIO101 - Protein Synthesis: Transcription and Translation
- Propeller Clock (video)
- 'Echo-chamber' is just a derogatory term for 'community'
- 20 Things to Remember If You Love a Person with ADD moreti.me/1EXEhx1 yup, 19 apply to me. Spot on. 1 hour ago
- This study finds that social media use reduces political polarization instead of increasing it niemanlab.org/2014/10/this-s… 9 hours ago
- Confused by all the various ways the Knight Foundation funds projects? Here’s a guide niemanlab.org/2014/10/confus… 9 hours ago
- Chartbeat tries to fight the smoke and mirrors in web measurement by going public with its metrics gigaom.com/2014/10/20/cha… 9 hours ago
- My Nieman Application Essay medium.com/theli-st-mediu… 9 hours ago
- The Internet: A Glossary the-toast.net/2014/10/20/int… 9 hours ago
- @Robert_Peterson That's how I understand it, but will have to read the paper more closely tomorrow. 9 hours ago
- Drew Tyndell’s Fantastic Looping Illustrations thefoxisblack.com/2014/10/20/dre… 9 hours ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.