I have posted 131 times in September (exact same number as August), including many cool videos as well as a few pictures from a recent trip to the zoo. This month I also started importing the best links I posted on Twitter over the day, in Tweetlinks.
In September I interviewed Victor Henning, John Wilbanks and Kevin Emamy.
At work, the most exciting news was the release of Article-Level Metrics at PLoS – Download Data. I announced the Blog Pick Of The Month and that PLoS ONE won the ’09 ALPSP Award for Publishing Innovation!. Then I did an Interview with Dr.Derya Unutmaz, Section Editor for Immunology at PLoS ONE and told you about our cool new dinosaur paper.
Speaking of dinosarus, it was also the time to announce the Open Dinosaur Project.
I got a brand new Homepage and did some fiddling around with my About Me page here.
I got on the editorial board of the Journal of Science Communication.
I made the first big ScienceOnline2010 update, went on the radio to talk about it and announced a new sponsor and travel grants.
The best post of the month was Talkin’ Trash about the reporting from the Northern Pacific Gyre.
Futurity.org, a new science news service was anounced, with mixed reactions from the twitterverse, which prompted me to ask what investigative science reporting is.
This month was also an important date in my life.
I went to Techie Tuesday and The Long Table and next is a concert by Leonard Cohen.
My HomepageYou can find all about my online presence at http://coturnix.org. Views presented on this blog and all other online spaces are mine and do not represent the views of Scientific American or its owners (NPG and McMillan).
Search This Blog:
Bora Zivkovic on Morning at Triton Angie Lindsay Ma on Morning at Triton Linda chamblee on Morning at Triton Please, do explain.… on About matjaz zivkovic on About
- This happened
- BIO101 - Physiology: Regulation and Control
- BIO101 - Cell Structure
- Food goes through a rabbit twice. Think what that means!
- Best of September at A Blog Around The Clock
- BIO101 - Protein Synthesis: Transcription and Translation
- Neil DeGrasse Tyson Debunks 2012 Armageddon (video)
- Everything You Always Wanted To Know About Sleep (But Were Too Afraid To Ask)
- Bloggers at the Zoo - movies #3
- No need to defend me. Kudos to @monicabyrne13 and @hannahjwaters for having the courage to speak up. I was wrong. I am sorry. I am learning. 1 month ago
- To friends I let down and perhaps lost today: I understand why. I am sorry. I will miss you. 1 month ago
- This happened blog.coturnix.org/2013/10/15/thi… 1 month ago
- @ccziv thank you medawlin!!!!! 1 month ago
- RT @ccziv: I stand with medawlin. (@BoraZ ) 1 month ago
- @KMBTweets hugs right back atcha 1 month ago
- RT @Gurdur: @hildabast @JohnFBruno @AndreaKuszewski @huler @sciam #StandingwithDNLee but also #StandingwithMdiChristina, b/c the abuse was … 1 month ago
- #SciAmBlogs Monday – #standingwithDNLee and yes, there was other stuff as well…. blogs.scientificamerican.com/network-centra… 1 month ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
Thank youThanks to Arikia Millikan for helping with setting up this site.