I have posted 131 times in September (exact same number as August), including many cool videos as well as a few pictures from a recent trip to the zoo. This month I also started importing the best links I posted on Twitter over the day, in Tweetlinks.
In September I interviewed Victor Henning, John Wilbanks and Kevin Emamy.
At work, the most exciting news was the release of Article-Level Metrics at PLoS – Download Data. I announced the Blog Pick Of The Month and that PLoS ONE won the ’09 ALPSP Award for Publishing Innovation!. Then I did an Interview with Dr.Derya Unutmaz, Section Editor for Immunology at PLoS ONE and told you about our cool new dinosaur paper.
Speaking of dinosarus, it was also the time to announce the Open Dinosaur Project.
I got a brand new Homepage and did some fiddling around with my About Me page here.
I got on the editorial board of the Journal of Science Communication.
I made the first big ScienceOnline2010 update, went on the radio to talk about it and announced a new sponsor and travel grants.
The best post of the month was Talkin’ Trash about the reporting from the Northern Pacific Gyre.
Futurity.org, a new science news service was anounced, with mixed reactions from the twitterverse, which prompted me to ask what investigative science reporting is.
This month was also an important date in my life.
I went to Techie Tuesday and The Long Table and next is a concert by Leonard Cohen.
My HomepageMy homepage is at http://coturnix.org. It is temporarily stripped to minimal information, but more will come soon.
Search This Blog:
Bora Zivkovic on Morning at Triton Angie Lindsay Ma on Morning at Triton Linda chamblee on Morning at Triton Jekyll » Blog… on The Big Announcement, this tim… Mike H on The Big Announcement, this tim…
- RT @ccziv: Kudos to @blueapron. A company that cares if customers have nutritious (delicious!) food to eat more than they care for profits… 6 hours ago
- Thanks @blueapron for a year of great service and for getting me to love cooking and learning more about it. 6 hours ago
- Fracking And What New EPA Means For Your Health forbes.com/sites/judyston… 1 day ago
- RT @JsciCOM: Getting volunteers to engage with your citizen science project: the Season Spotter experience jcom.sissa.it/getting-volunt… 1 month ago
- RT @JsciCOM: Scienza Attiva: deliberative democracy methods to improve high school students’ engagement with S&T jcom.sissa.it/scienza-attiva… 1 month ago
- Why You Should Oppose Repeal Of The Affordable Care Act forbes.com/sites/judyston… 1 month ago
- RT @JsciCOM: Open Media Science jcom.sissa.it/archive/15/06/… 1 month ago
- RT @JsciCOM: Science communication for uncertain science and innovation jcom.sissa.it/archive/15/06/… 1 month ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.