Unfortunately, these two terms apply to philosophical opposites. It is like interchangeably using the terms “WWII history” and “Holocaust denial”, or “climate science” and “global warming denial”, or “evolutionary biology” and “evolution denial” (aka Creationism in its various stripes including Intelligent Design Creationism).
What is common to all these pairs of terms is that one is legitimate line of work, while the other is religiously or politically motivated assault on empiricism and modern society, trying to gain legitimacy by mimicking the other, pretending that it is very similar to the real thing, intentionally blurring the lines between the two and sowing confusion, pretending there is a debate where there is none, and thus fooling the media into giving them equal time in pursuit of “balance” (one of these days, religiousity and conservative ideology will be, hopefully, treated the same and not given a voice in the media, as they are both based on wishful thinking, emotional pathology, and irrationality).
I hope she has the distinction between the two clear, or will by Monday, and will not invite to the show and give a podium to a representative of an animal rights organization. After all, animal rights organizations are officialy (in a number of countries including the USA) classified as terrorist organizations. If you are not yet clear about the distinction, please use this excellent online resources:
And check these recent discussions on Reappropriate and Alas, A Blog.
Once you have checked ALL the links, you may post a comment. Don’t just do a knee-jerk, fly-by comment on the introductory stuff I wrote on the top of this post. Get the relevant information FIRST.
My HomepageMy homepage is at http://coturnix.org. It is temporarily stripped to minimal information, but more will come soon.
Search This Blog:
Bora Zivkovic on Morning at Triton Angie Lindsay Ma on Morning at Triton Linda chamblee on Morning at Triton Jekyll » Blog… on The Big Announcement, this tim… Mike H on The Big Announcement, this tim…
- RT @LeeDugatkin: Jazzed that today is PUBLICATION DAY for Power in the Wild: The Subtle and Not-So-Subtle Ways Animals Strive for Control o… 3 weeks ago
- RT @LeeDugatkin: Excited that my Nautilus article on Nikolai Vavilov is live. There are very few people in my pantheon of intellectual ido… 1 year ago
- I just published 'Horse Fitness Program' link.medium.com/KO3fJXv9MU 3 years ago
- Horse Fitness Program link.medium.com/KO3fJXv9MU 3 years ago
- @MaryWanless I hope you like this: horselistening.com/2017/12/26/the… and that I cited your thoughts correctly. 4 years ago
- RT @AstronautAbby: @BoraZ Please help spread the word: Full paid Space Camp Scholarship apps due January 15, 2018 @TheMarsGen will give up… 4 years ago
- I just published “The Mental Game Of Riding” medium.com/p/the-mental-g… 4 years ago
- New post: The Mental Game Of Riding horselistening.com/2017/12/26/the… 4 years ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.