As you know, I am currently in Florida, at the 20th Anniversary meeting of the Society for Research on Biological Rhythms, that is, my own society. I have not been since 2002, so I am surprised to see how many people remember may face and are happy to see me.
I am also surprised to hear how many people in the field read this blog – some more some less regularly – and even use the ClockTutorials and some other Chronobiology posts in teaching their courses on Biological Clocks. I would have know this before if they would just post comments here!
What I am not surprised, yet am pleased, is how much people are in support of Open Access and love PLoS. I have already talked to dozens of people about the details of PLoS is and what it does and how it does it and why that is good and they should publish with us – and they are very receptive.
I have seen a bunch of interesting talks and posters already. Instead of blogging them myself, I will interview their authors and post the interviews here after I come back home – so look out for a nice series of summer interviews here with various luminaries of the field, ranging from living legends, through currently top researchers, to bright up-and-coming students.
And yes, I am taking pictures, but will post them later. Here, just to make sure everyone knows, is the photographic proof that Professor Steve Steve is having fun:
My HomepageMy homepage is at http://coturnix.org. It is temporarily stripped to minimal information, but more will come soon.
Search This Blog:
Bora Zivkovic on Morning at Triton Angie Lindsay Ma on Morning at Triton Linda chamblee on Morning at Triton Jekyll » Blog… on The Big Announcement, this tim… Mike H on The Big Announcement, this tim…
- Biology and the Scientific Method
- Save the Mountain Walrus
- The Irish-Serbian connection
- Guarding the Coral Reefs like a Moray Eel: Interview with Rick MacPherson
- A fable about the Frog and the Salamander
- Food goes through a rabbit twice. Think what that means!
- Web breaks echo-chambers, or, 'Echo-chamber' is just a derogatory term for 'community' - my remarks at #AAASmtg
- I just published 'Horse Fitness Program' link.medium.com/KO3fJXv9MU 1 year ago
- Horse Fitness Program link.medium.com/KO3fJXv9MU 1 year ago
- @MaryWanless I hope you like this: horselistening.com/2017/12/26/the… and that I cited your thoughts correctly. 2 years ago
- RT @AstronautAbby: @BoraZ Please help spread the word: Full paid Space Camp Scholarship apps due January 15, 2018 @TheMarsGen will give up… 2 years ago
- I just published “The Mental Game Of Riding” medium.com/p/the-mental-g… 2 years ago
- New post: The Mental Game Of Riding horselistening.com/2017/12/26/the… 2 years ago
- RT @HorseListening: New Guest Post! The Mental Game Of Riding If technical perfection is essential for success, what explains the... https… 2 years ago
- The Mental Game Of Riding – Horse Listening horselistening.com/2017/12/26/the… 2 years ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.