Wilt thou, then, my soul, never be good and simple and one and naked, more manifest than the body which surrounds thee? Wilt thou never enjoy an affectionate and contented disposition? Wilt thou never be full and without a want of any kind, longing for nothing more, nor desiring anything, either animate or inanimate, for the enjoyment of pleasures? Nor yet desiring time wherein thou shalt have longer enjoyment, or place, or pleasant climate, or society of men with whom thou mayest live in harmony? But wilt thou be satisfied with thy present condition, and pleased with all that is about thee, and wilt thou convince thyself that thou hast everything and that it comes from the gods, that everything is well for thee, and will be well whatever shall please them, and whatever they shall give for the conservation of the perfect living being, the good and just and beautiful, which generates and holds together all things, and contains and embraces all things which are dissolved for the production of other like things? Wilt thou never be such that thou shalt so dwell in community with gods and men as neither to find fault with them at all, nor to be condemned by them?
– Marcus Aurelius
My HomepageMy homepage is at http://coturnix.org. It is temporarily stripped to minimal information, but more will come soon.
Search This Blog:
Bora Zivkovic on Morning at Triton Angie Lindsay Ma on Morning at Triton Linda chamblee on Morning at Triton Jekyll » Blog… on The Big Announcement, this tim… Mike H on The Big Announcement, this tim…
- Food goes through a rabbit twice. Think what that means!
- Open Laboratory 2010 - submissions so far
- BIO101 - From One Cell To Two: Cell Division and DNA Replication
- ClockNews - Adolescent Sleep
- Looking for good educational biology movies
- Classroom Blog
- Another role for Open Science
- BIO101 - Cell Structure
- BIO101 - Current Biological Diversity
- @MaryWanless I hope you like this: horselistening.com/2017/12/26/the… and that I cited your thoughts correctly. 1 month ago
- RT @AstronautAbby: @BoraZ Please help spread the word: Full paid Space Camp Scholarship apps due January 15, 2018 @TheMarsGen will give up… 1 month ago
- I just published “The Mental Game Of Riding” medium.com/p/the-mental-g… 1 month ago
- New post: The Mental Game Of Riding horselistening.com/2017/12/26/the… 1 month ago
- RT @HorseListening: New Guest Post! The Mental Game Of Riding If technical perfection is essential for success, what explains the... https… 1 month ago
- The Mental Game Of Riding – Horse Listening horselistening.com/2017/12/26/the… 1 month ago
- @KA_Nicholas Thank you! What brought you to the article? How was it useful to you? 2 months ago
- @davidkroll yup, Aziz is a better choice ;-) Link? 4 months ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.