As you know, Anton Zuiker, David Kroll and I were on the radio earlier today, chatting for an hour with Ernie Hood of Radio In Vivo, here in Carrboro.
We discussed science communication, education, publishing, blogging, popularization, journalism, social networking, Second Life, etc. The focus was on ScienceOnline09, but we also mentioned The Open Laboratory anthologies (2006, 2007 and 2008), LabLit.com, the NCCU BRITE, Duke Health, Inside Duke Medicine, PLoS, BlogTogether, SCONC and, of course, our blogs.
Try to find an hour of peace and quiet and listen to the show here (mp3).
And then check out the podcasts of the old Radio In Vivo science shows – there are some excellent previous shows with great scientists.
Update: David took some pictures – you can see them here.
My HomepageMy homepage is at http://coturnix.org. It is temporarily stripped to minimal information, but more will come soon.
Search This Blog:
Bora Zivkovic on Morning at Triton Angie Lindsay Ma on Morning at Triton Linda chamblee on Morning at Triton Jekyll » Blog… on The Big Announcement, this tim… Mike H on The Big Announcement, this tim…
- Food goes through a rabbit twice. Think what that means!
- BIO101 - Protein Synthesis: Transcription and Translation
- Lindau Nobel - interview with Ghada Al-Kadamany
- When Should Schools Start in the morning?
- BIO101 - Physiology: Regulation and Control
- Brains of the Week
- How to teach as much biology in as little time
- Is education what journalists do?
- Housekeeping, Banner, and stuff...
- Journalist Steve Buttry dies of pancreatic cancer at age 62 stevebuttry.wordpress.com/2017/02/20/jou… via @stevebuttry 17 hours ago
- A few notes on unbuilding a key part of the presidency pressthink.org/2017/02/notes-… 1 day ago
- RT @ccziv: Kudos to @blueapron. A company that cares if customers have nutritious (delicious!) food to eat more than they care for profits… 2 days ago
- Thanks @blueapron for a year of great service and for getting me to love cooking and learning more about it. 2 days ago
- Fracking And What New EPA Means For Your Health forbes.com/sites/judyston… 3 days ago
- RT @JsciCOM: Getting volunteers to engage with your citizen science project: the Season Spotter experience jcom.sissa.it/getting-volunt… 1 month ago
- RT @JsciCOM: Scienza Attiva: deliberative democracy methods to improve high school students’ engagement with S&T jcom.sissa.it/scienza-attiva… 1 month ago
- Why You Should Oppose Repeal Of The Affordable Care Act forbes.com/sites/judyston… 1 month ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.