As you know, Anton Zuiker, David Kroll and I were on the radio earlier today, chatting for an hour with Ernie Hood of Radio In Vivo, here in Carrboro.
We discussed science communication, education, publishing, blogging, popularization, journalism, social networking, Second Life, etc. The focus was on ScienceOnline09, but we also mentioned The Open Laboratory anthologies (2006, 2007 and 2008), LabLit.com, the NCCU BRITE, Duke Health, Inside Duke Medicine, PLoS, BlogTogether, SCONC and, of course, our blogs.
Try to find an hour of peace and quiet and listen to the show here (mp3).
And then check out the podcasts of the old Radio In Vivo science shows – there are some excellent previous shows with great scientists.
Update: David took some pictures – you can see them here.
My HomepageMy homepage is at http://coturnix.org. It is temporarily stripped to minimal information, but more will come soon.
Search This Blog:
Bora Zivkovic on Morning at Triton Angie Lindsay Ma on Morning at Triton Linda chamblee on Morning at Triton Jekyll » Blog… on The Big Announcement, this tim… Mike H on The Big Announcement, this tim…
- Sleep Schedules in Adolescents
- Food goes through a rabbit twice. Think what that means!
- BIO101 - Physiology: Regulation and Control
- ScienceOnline2011 – interview with Alice Bell
- Slick Metaphors
- The PepsiGate linkfest
- ScienceOnline'09: Interview with Stacy Baker
- BIO101 - Cell Structure
- BIO101 - Protein Synthesis: Transcription and Translation
- Quick Links
- RT @JsciCOM: Misunderstanding trust in science: a critique of the traditional discourse on science communication jcom.sissa.it/archive/15/05/… 6 days ago
- RT @JsciCOM: Trust in technologies? Science after de-professionalization jcom.sissa.it/archive/15/05/… 6 days ago
- RT @JsciCOM: Mediated trust in science: concept, measurement and perspectives for the `science of science communication' https://t.co/x4Wr4… 6 days ago
- RT @JsciCOM: Science communication and the issue of trust jcom.sissa.it/archive/15/05/… 1 week ago
- RT @JsciCOM: Trust, advertising and science communication jcom.sissa.it/archive/15/05/… 1 week ago
- RT @JsciCOM: Call for papers: history of science communication jcom.sissa.it/call-papers-hi… 1 week ago
- RT @JsciCOM: Science Communication Postgraduate Studies in Latin America: a map and some food for thought jcom.sissa.it/archive/15/05/… 1 week ago
- @Gurdur thanks. I can look that up. 2 weeks ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.