When: Friday, January 30, 2009 1:30 PM – 2:30 PM
Where: LSRC B101 Love Auditorium
Description: Bruce Alberts, a prominent biochemist strongly commited to the improvement of science education, began service as Editor-in-Chief of Science in March 2008. He is a professor in the Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics at the University of California, San Francisco. Alberts has been instrumental in developing the National Science Education standards implemented in school systems nationwide. He is a major proponent of “science as inquiry” teaching that emphasizes logical, hands-on problem solving. Alberts is committed to the promotion of the “creativity, openness and tolerance that are inherent to science”. Alberts believes that scientists everywhere must help create more rational, scientifically-based societies.For More information on Dr. Alberts and his guest seminar, please click on More Info above.
Sponsor: Center for Science Education
My HomepageMy homepage is at http://coturnix.org. It is temporarily stripped to minimal information, but more will come soon.
Search This Blog:
Bora Zivkovic on Morning at Triton Angie Lindsay Ma on Morning at Triton Linda chamblee on Morning at Triton Jekyll » Blog… on The Big Announcement, this tim… Mike H on The Big Announcement, this tim…
- Biology and the Scientific Method
- Food goes through a rabbit twice. Think what that means!
- Citizen Science Project at ScienceOnline2011
- Open Laboratory 2010 - the final stretch!
- ScienceOnline2011 – interview with Alice Bell
- Carnal Carnival - everything you ever wanted to know about poop you will be able to learn in ten days from today
- Health and Medicine Poetry Contest
- BIO101 - Physiology: Coordinated Response
- RT @JsciCOM: Tweeting disaster: analysis of online discourse about nuclear power in the wake of the Fukushima nuclear accident https://t.co… 1 week ago
- RT @JsciCOM: How advertising and sustainability dialog in Pan-Amazonia: perspective of advertising professionals in Peru & Brazil https://t… 1 week ago
- RT @TeamUSA: The FIRST Equestrian event is TODAY! 🐎 #TeamUSA doesn't want you to miss one event! 🇺🇸 ➡️ go.teamusa.org/2aBchUZ https://t.… 3 weeks ago
- RT @JsciCOM: The new divide: how a scientist-gone-filmmaker thinks Hollywood can save science jcom.sissa.it/archive/15/05/… 1 month ago
- RT @JsciCOM: Is silence golden? Silence in interdisciplinary collaboration between scientists jcom.sissa.it/archive/15/05/… 1 month ago
- RT @JsciCOM: Continuing professional development in the largest scientific laboratory in the world: @CERN jcom.sissa.it/archive/15/04/… 1 month ago
- RT @JsciCOM: The Cheshire explainer. Musings about the training of explainers jcom.sissa.it/archive/15/04/… 2 months ago
- RT @JsciCOM: Talk on the wide side: professional development for wildlife and science filmmakers jcom.sissa.it/archive/15/04/… 2 months ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.