Hubs on Nature Network are multiplying. First, there was a Boston hub, then a London hub, and now a brand new New York City hub. Toronto and Berlin are itching to be the next.
On the other hand, the Research Triangle group is still pretty small. I think it’s due to a different geography. Boston, London and NYC are huge cities with lots of people, including many scientists and bloggers. The areas outside of those cities – the ‘countryside’ – are really not that relevant to the sizes of those hubs – add a few people here or there.
On the other hand, North Carolina is a large state, in area and population, but there is no humongous city in it – all the scientists and bloggers are spread all over the state. Why would people from Asheville, or Charlotte, Greensboro, Winston-Salem or Wilmington join the Triangle hub when they don’t live there? I think we should expand the Triangle list to include the entire state and rename the group ‘North Carolina’ people. After all, no state has more bloggers on scienceblogs.com than NC, not even close, yet no NC city can come close to one of the Big Cities elsewhere.
In the meantime, if you are in NC, no matter where in it, please join the Triangle location and increase our numbers, so we can compete for a Hub in the future.
My HomepageMy homepage is at http://coturnix.org. It is temporarily stripped to minimal information, but more will come soon.
Search This Blog:
Bora Zivkovic on Morning at Triton Angie Lindsay Ma on Morning at Triton Linda chamblee on Morning at Triton Jekyll » Blog… on The Big Announcement, this tim… Mike H on The Big Announcement, this tim…
- Food goes through a rabbit twice. Think what that means!
- BIO101 - Cell Structure
- Teaching Biology 101 (to adults)
- Save the Mountain Walrus
- Using Twitter to learn economy of words - try to summarize your research paper in 140 characters or less!
- Best posts on Media, (Science) Journalism and Blogging at A Blog Around The Clock
- Best Biology posts on A Blog Around The Clock
- When Should Schools Start in the morning?
- Hydrogen Bonding (video)
- RT @LeeDugatkin: Excited that my Nautilus article on Nikolai Vavilov is live. There are very few people in my pantheon of intellectual ido… 5 months ago
- I just published 'Horse Fitness Program' link.medium.com/KO3fJXv9MU 2 years ago
- Horse Fitness Program link.medium.com/KO3fJXv9MU 2 years ago
- @MaryWanless I hope you like this: horselistening.com/2017/12/26/the… and that I cited your thoughts correctly. 3 years ago
- RT @AstronautAbby: @BoraZ Please help spread the word: Full paid Space Camp Scholarship apps due January 15, 2018 @TheMarsGen will give up… 3 years ago
- I just published “The Mental Game Of Riding” medium.com/p/the-mental-g… 3 years ago
- New post: The Mental Game Of Riding horselistening.com/2017/12/26/the… 3 years ago
- RT @HorseListening: New Guest Post! The Mental Game Of Riding If technical perfection is essential for success, what explains the... https… 3 years ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.