Today I’ll mention a few of the people who are traveling from afar.
Fabiana Kubke is a professor of anatomy at University of Auckland (yes, birds brains! I hope we find some time to talk shop while she is here). Yes, that is Aucklans in New Zealand!
Dr.Kubke blogs on Building Blogs of Science which is also cross-posted on her SciBlogs blog.
At the conference, Fabiana will do a demo of The Science Media Centre and the SciBlogs – the first science blogging network in New Zealand (if I understand correctly, they even call each other SciBlings!).
You can also follow her on Twitter
Jelka Crnobrnja-Isailovic is a professor of Biology in the Faculty of Sciences and Mathematics at University of Nis, Serbia and a professor in the Department of Evolutionary Biology at the Institute for Biological Research “Sinisa Stankovic” in Belgrade, Serbia.
At the conference, Dr.Crnobrnja-Isailovic will co-moderate the session “Open Access and Science Career Hurdles in the Developing world”.
Pawel Szczesny teaches at the University of Warsaw & Institute of Biochemistry and Biophysics PAS in Poland – a job that he got, among else, due who his online activity, after an experiment in freelance science.
At the conference, he will co-moderate a session on “The Importance of Meatspace: Science Motels, science freelancing and science coworking” and tell us about his new project along these lines.
Pawel can be found on his blog – Freelancing science and of course on Twitter.
While Michael Habib will travel from The Netherlands, he is not a stranger to this area, as he is a UNC graduate.
Michael works at Elsevier, developing SCOPUS and will participate in a session on “Online Reference Managers”.
He can, of course, also be found on Twitter.
Enrico Balli is returning to the conference for the second time. He comes from Trieste, Italy where he works at SISSA MediaLab, a project of the International School for Advanced Studies of Trieste.
Blog? Sure – here. And Twitter here.
My HomepageMy homepage is at http://coturnix.org. It is temporarily stripped to minimal information, but more will come soon.
Search This Blog:
Bora Zivkovic on Morning at Triton Angie Lindsay Ma on Morning at Triton Linda chamblee on Morning at Triton Jekyll » Blog… on The Big Announcement, this tim… Mike H on The Big Announcement, this tim…
- RT @LeeDugatkin: Excited that my Nautilus article on Nikolai Vavilov is live. There are very few people in my pantheon of intellectual ido… 6 months ago
- I just published 'Horse Fitness Program' link.medium.com/KO3fJXv9MU 2 years ago
- Horse Fitness Program link.medium.com/KO3fJXv9MU 2 years ago
- @MaryWanless I hope you like this: horselistening.com/2017/12/26/the… and that I cited your thoughts correctly. 3 years ago
- RT @AstronautAbby: @BoraZ Please help spread the word: Full paid Space Camp Scholarship apps due January 15, 2018 @TheMarsGen will give up… 3 years ago
- I just published “The Mental Game Of Riding” medium.com/p/the-mental-g… 3 years ago
- New post: The Mental Game Of Riding horselistening.com/2017/12/26/the… 3 years ago
- RT @HorseListening: New Guest Post! The Mental Game Of Riding If technical perfection is essential for success, what explains the... https… 3 years ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.