The Duke Center for Science Education, a multi-disciplinary effort to “bring science education resources and outreach to the university and the community” is hosting its first-ever Science Education Showcase on Sept. 20.
Ira Flatow, science journalist and host of NPR’s “Science Friday” show will be the keynote speaker at 1:30 p.m. in Love Auditorium, Levine Science Research Center (LSRC). Before and after the talk, students, faculty and staff will be sharing hands-on activities and demos that they’ve developed with CSE. Some of these exhibits will also be making an appearance at the first-ever USA Science and Engineering Festival in Washington Oct. 23 and 24. More on that in a later post.
You’ll need a ticket to see Flatow. They’re free, but you gotta have one. And you’d better hurry. Try the Bryan Center Box Office or online: http://www.tickets.duke.edu/
My HomepageMy homepage is at http://coturnix.org. It is temporarily stripped to minimal information, but more will come soon.
Search This Blog:
Bora Zivkovic on Morning at Triton Angie Lindsay Ma on Morning at Triton Linda chamblee on Morning at Triton Jekyll » Blog… on The Big Announcement, this tim… Mike H on The Big Announcement, this tim…
- Exceptionally short-period circadian clock in Cyclosa turbinata #icanhazpdf coturnixATgmail bioone.org/doi/abs/10.163… 5 days ago
- Congress And Trump Are Competing For The Most Destructive Budget Award--We All Lose forbes.com/sites/judyston… 6 days ago
- How Does Trump's Plan To Gut Health And Medical Research Make America Great? forbes.com/sites/judyston… 1 week ago
- Maryland fracking opponents are right on the science washingtonpost.com/blogs/all-opin… 1 week ago
- Rare Diseases Patients Need More Than Miracles And Trumpcare forbes.com/sites/judyston… 2 weeks ago
- Daily Cycles in Body Temperature in a Songbird Change with Photoperiod... #icanhazpdf coturnix@gmail journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.117… 3 weeks ago
- Daily Cycles in Body Temperature in a Songbird Change with Photoperiod... #icanhazpdf coturnixatgmail journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.117… 3 weeks ago
- Journalist Steve Buttry dies of pancreatic cancer at age 62 stevebuttry.wordpress.com/2017/02/20/jou… via @stevebuttry 1 month ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.