You’ve heard the media buzz about bed bugs. But what of the science? Join us at noon, Jan. 25 here at Sigma Xi to hear N.C. State University entomologist Coby Schal offer the facts. He’ll discuss the basic biology of the insects and some of the new research strategies aimed at finding ways to better control them.
Thanks to a grant from the N.C. Biotechnology Center, American Scientist Pizza Lunch is free and open to science journalists and science communicators of all stripes. Feel free to forward this message to anyone who might want to attend. RSVPs are required (for the slice count) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Directions to Sigma Xi, the Scientific Research Society in RTP, are here.
My HomepageMy homepage is at http://coturnix.org. It is temporarily stripped to minimal information, but more will come soon.
Search This Blog:
Bora Zivkovic on Morning at Triton Angie Lindsay Ma on Morning at Triton Linda chamblee on Morning at Triton Jekyll » Blog… on The Big Announcement, this tim… Mike H on The Big Announcement, this tim…
- Food goes through a rabbit twice. Think what that means!
- Biology and the Scientific Method
- Carolus Linnaeus's Floral Clocks
- Scienceblogging: The Lay Scientist (and The Guardian) – a Q&A with Martin Robbins
- Everything You Always Wanted To Know About Sleep (But Were Too Afraid To Ask)
- BIO101 - Cell Structure
- Carnal Carnival #1 - Essentials of Elimination
- ScienceOnline2011 – interview with Alice Bell
- A fable about the Frog and the Salamander
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.