You’ve heard the media buzz about bed bugs. But what of the science? Join us at noon, Jan. 25 here at Sigma Xi to hear N.C. State University entomologist Coby Schal offer the facts. He’ll discuss the basic biology of the insects and some of the new research strategies aimed at finding ways to better control them.
Thanks to a grant from the N.C. Biotechnology Center, American Scientist Pizza Lunch is free and open to science journalists and science communicators of all stripes. Feel free to forward this message to anyone who might want to attend. RSVPs are required (for the slice count) to email@example.com
Directions to Sigma Xi, the Scientific Research Society in RTP, are here.
My HomepageMy homepage is at http://coturnix.org. It is temporarily stripped to minimal information, but more will come soon.
Grab my RSS feed:
Join 1,499 other subscribers
Search This Blog:
Bora Zivkovic on Morning at Triton Angie Lindsay Ma on Morning at Triton Linda chamblee on Morning at Triton Jekyll » Blog… on The Big Announcement, this tim… Mike H on The Big Announcement, this tim…
- Welcome the Popular Science blog network
- Best of September at A Blog Around The Clock
- Quick update: UNESCO Belgrade, and NYTimes
- WCSJ2013 in Helsinki, a photo-tour
- Updates, Events and Miscellanea
- "My Beloved..." and other dinosaurs.
- They eat horses, don't they?
- Best of August at A Blog Around The Clock
- Sharks have rhythm, too
- ScienceWriters2013 - great program in Gainsville in November.
@BoraZ on Twitter:Tweets by BoraZ
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
Pingback: Tentative 2011 calendar | A Blog Around The Clock